EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Other than on Aaron Donald, I don't think you see much triple blocks.

Davis is a real one

Did not translate to a sack for anyone else last night.

They can quadruple team him.  If no one else gets to the QB, does it matter ??

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when does the nfl app not display player stats during a game? I'm only seeing team stats

34 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Marlin T sure seems to struggle anchoring and letting the IOL get under his pads.  I thought Wren anchored better although he doesn’t move out of the phone booth area much. I just don’t see Marlin T at NT.

Yup, nor is he much of a pass rusher.

I liked the pick at the time, some had him going much higher in the draft so I thought it was good value at the time but so far he's been pretty unimpressive for a guy that was billed as being strong at the point 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Off course, the throw can be rushed, pass can be batted down because a defender is free, makes coverage a lot easier etc.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Jets had 3 points in the first half when Davis played. So yes, it mattered.

If Hurts plays again this preseason, I sincerely hope he refrains from rolling right. Eliminate that and hopefully we can have something to build on. 

Eagles pretty much since Reid came in and it carried over to Howie have been all about building the trenches and Wow I think they found some studs on both sides right in the middle with Davis and Jurgens.

On defense it's nice to finally have some capable guys behind those DL ,Edwards ,White Dean all looked really good last night and even Taylor came in flying around.

Also keep in mind Dickerson who is a bully wasn't even playing last night.

If nothing happened to Clowney for the hit on Wentz do you think this is going to warrant anything?

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Please get the facts straight.  He hit him with his shoulder to the shoulder.  Yes, it was out of bounds.  Yes, it was late.  It was not leading with the helmet.  It was a shoulder shot to the shoulder.  It was not a head shot.

Touché.

It doesn't look as dirty from that angle. Just a late hit

42 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Angry Mailata is best Mailata.

Was surprised he didn’t level him 

47 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Angry Mailata is best Mailata.

BS. He should have fuucckked him up. I’ve seen many times our OLine "took the high road”. Actions speak louder than words. Fuucckkk a b!tch up 

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

BS. He should have fuucckked him up. I’ve seen many times our OLine "took the high road”. Actions speak louder than words. Fuucckkk a b!tch up 

Jason Peters handled his business when Foles got cheap shotted

Sam Howell looks pretty good. Matt Corral not so much. Watched Willis and thought he looked good. Ridder had some decent stats but didn't watch him. Pickett tonight. Maybe this qb class was okay? 

15 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah but that's still got to make an awkward handshake a few hours later.  Sirianni pulling his johnny small college coach stuff with another professional NFL HC.   

You’re an amazing troll. I’ve gotta give you that.  If not I’m genuinely scared for the future of the human race. 

5 hours ago, bpac55 said:

So the LB played great last night and it sounds like they may have extra talent.  The challenge for the Eagles is going to be future cost/potential compared to current impact.

TJ Edwards is hands down their best LB right now.  He turned 26 yesterday and is here on a 1-year deal.

Kyzir White has played up to and maybe over expectations up to this point.  Also 26 on a 1-year deal.

Nakobe Dean looked solid last night.  He's on his rookie deal and is a young one at 21.

Davion Taylor is looking more and more settled going in to year 3.  He's starting caliber now.  He's 24 and I believe eligible for an extension.

Shaun Bradley's best role is a backup and ST player.  Have confidence if he has to start 1-2 games but he's a role player.  25 years old.

I think the Eagles would be smart to see what they can get for either Edwards or White before the season starts and extend the other.  Their value might never be higher and Dean, while he might not be as good, currently is looking very capable and offers more potential.  He's a player and will learn best from being on the field.  The Eagles are never going to overpay for a LB so there is a chance they just play out the season and both Edwards and White are gone as FA next year while the Eagles hope for a comp pick.

Either way, the LB play impressed me.   I was worried the TC hype was a bit much just because even the slightest improvement at LB could look good.  

RB is the new LB around here 

Always loved Hugh Douglas.  Just a different breed of DE coming out of his 4-point stance.  He pounced off the line and exploded in to the LT.  Also, one of my favorite geared up Eagles.  Looked like he meant business in his uniform. 

Hugh Douglas editorial stock image. Image of football - 73961844

Was pleased to see the 1st team march down the field and score. Hurts played well, Jurgens was fantastic, starting defense looks much improved. Would like to see the starters play the first quarter next week then be done. Clean up the penalties and don’t have those issues roll into the regular season like last year. 

Im still a bit worried about our RB depth. I think they’ll sign Jordan Howard after week 1, but if Sanders goes down there isn’t much help behind him.

Patrick Mahomes had one incompletion on his lone drive today.  Hurts is better than Mahomes.

10 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Sam Howell looks pretty good. Matt Corral not so much. Watched Willis and thought he looked good. Ridder had some decent stats but didn't watch him. Pickett tonight. Maybe this qb class was okay? 

Way too early to say that. 

5 hours ago, bpac55 said:

So the LB played great last night and it sounds like they may have extra talent.  The challenge for the Eagles is going to be future cost/potential compared to current impact.

TJ Edwards is hands down their best LB right now.  He turned 26 yesterday and is here on a 1-year deal.

Kyzir White has played up to and maybe over expectations up to this point.  Also 26 on a 1-year deal.

Nakobe Dean looked solid last night.  He's on his rookie deal and is a young one at 21.

Davion Taylor is looking more and more settled going in to year 3.  He's starting caliber now.  He's 24 and I believe eligible for an extension.

Shaun Bradley's best role is a backup and ST player.  Have confidence if he has to start 1-2 games but he's a role player.  25 years old.

I think the Eagles would be smart to see what they can get for either Edwards or White before the season starts and extend the other.  Their value might never be higher and Dean, while he might not be as good, currently is looking very capable and offers more potential.  He's a player and will learn best from being on the field.  The Eagles are never going to overpay for a LB so there is a chance they just play out the season and both Edwards and White are gone as FA next year while the Eagles hope for a comp pick.

Either way, the LB play impressed me.   I was worried the TC hype was a bit much just because even the slightest improvement at LB could look good.  

White is the future. He is still young, and hes a pass playing LB who can run sideline to sideline. Hes on a great salary. There is no way they should trade him.

Can potentially trade Edwards but if they think they can contend it would be dumb to trade the depth they have.

They need to look in to a 2nd or 3rd RB though. Sanders and Gainwell arent reliable in the health department and they have absolutely nothing behind them.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Was pleased to see the 1st team march down the field and score. Hurts played well, Jurgens was fantastic, starting defense looks much improved. Would like to see the starters play the first quarter next week then be done. Clean up the penalties and don’t have those issues roll into the regular season like last year. 

Im still a bit worried about our RB depth. I think they’ll sign Jordan Howard after week 1, but if Sanders goes down there isn’t much help behind him.

If Hunt and/or Jacobs are available via trade, I'm heavily considering both.  Hunt has some trash human traits but seems to have cleaned up his act and Jacobs is looking for his big deal so both have red flags but both would also be tremendous upgrades. 

Realistically, waiver wire is going to be key.  The Raiders are loaded at RB.  He's older but Kenyon Drake is lower on their depth chart now with the addition of Zamir White.  Always loved his running style and the way he plays.  At 28, he isn't the answer but I'd be more than happy to see him here.

Archived