EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

33 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hurts is the short yardage back, I think he's got an off the chart % of making short yardage conversions.

However, you'd like to be able to pound people, but you don't necessarily need a 230 lb back, you need a back with vision and patience who can hit the hole and break an arm tackle, the 5'9 210 lb guys can do that. However, not sure anyone on the roster qualifies for that role, so I won't be surprised if Howie gets him one, maybe after the first game when contracts aren't guaranteed.

Carson Wentz was unreal on QB sneaks for a time being.   If you're relying on your QB to be your short yardage back, that's some of the worst thinking I've ever heard.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, hputenis said:

First of all, if the Eagles think this way, then it’s a very dumb way of thinking. Nobody in the history of champions would view their QB as their short yardage back.  

Second, we only deal with facts here. According to you, thoughts and opinions are not welcome bc of what you studied in grad school (despite your hypocrisy in the very same post).  

Yo I got so wasted yesterday that I passed out at 8p. Finally getting around to my morning poop 

Just now, downundermike said:

Alright @EaglePhan1986, tell us what really happened.  We have not heard from @Bacarty2 since you guys were supposed to meet in the parking lot before the game.

Yep drove two hours just to meet him. He must have been going to the Steelers game instead 

13 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's suffered injuries every year of his career.  

Right, our statements don't contradict each other. The only way to avoid injuries is to not play, or forfeit every game. 

20 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Carson Wentz was unreal on QB sneaks for a time being.   If you're relying on your QB to be your short yardage back, that's some of the worst thinking I've ever heard.

Why? How often do QBs get hurt on QB sneaks? And a QB like Hurts is less likely to get hurt than someone taller who is more exposed.

And if you're making a much higher % of 1st downs than handing it off to a power back, well, 1st downs are key plays.

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Minshew kills the Jets during the regular season after practicing with the backups all season:

"It's the Jets! LMFAO. Jaws could unretire and beat those a-holes!!"

Hurts has a good drive against said Jets in preseason:

"MVP LEVEL! LOOK AT HOW GOOD HE'S BECOME! TWO TOUCHDOWNS!!!"

😂😂😂😂😂

Let's maybe wait and see what he does against good teams. We know that he can beat bad teams. Let's see this, consistently.

This is also not what happened. Everyone here agrees the Jets are bad and enthusiasm should be tempered.

56 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hurts is the short yardage back, I think he's got an off the chart % of making short yardage conversions.

However, you'd like to be able to pound people, but you don't necessarily need a 230 lb back, you need a back with vision and patience who can hit the hole and break an arm tackle, the 5'9 210 lb guys can do that. However, not sure anyone on the roster qualifies for that role, so I won't be surprised if Howie gets him one, maybe after the first game when contracts aren't guaranteed.

Yeah im not sure whose out there or who might be after cuts 

The eagles don't really have a physical presence at RB right now.

I really liked Allgier because of how physical he is a runner and a blocker, he went in the 5th and eagles didn't have a 5th not sure who was still around at both of eagles 6th round.

The previous year they took Gainwell in the 5th and while I really liked the pick and player and still do was miffed that at some point they didn't bring in a bigger back.

Scott Gainwell Huntley and the  new guy all under 6ft all around 200 lbs with miles Sanders being the " big back" at 210🤷‍♂️

As you said it's important to have a guy that has good vision and Sanders last year showed horrible vision.

Maybe they bring Howard back he has excellent vision and falls forward but not sure how much he has left in the tank.

17 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yo I got so wasted yesterday that I passed out at 8p. Finally getting around to my morning poop 

My wife is in Chicago for a "work retreat,” so I also got wasted after putting daughter down at 8.  I have an extremely fulfilling life. 
image.gif.0980ab220682d214aca2ba45be3d2344.gif

I’d also like to point out to all the morons and pillars that this is an example of a joke.  I honestly think that multiple people in here wouldn’t understand that. Sometimes people joke around and it’s ok.  For RTK, Bacarty, and Infam, I realize this sort of thing doesn’t work for you bc of your lack of mental capacity.  

For the pillars, (other than @austinfan), I find your football posts insightful and knowledgeable so please keep posting!  

16 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wait until he throws an incomplete pass before jumping off the bridge over Hurts.  

Saw plenty last year thanks. We have enough data to draw a reasonable conclusion

16 minutes ago, RLC said:

This is also not what happened. Everyone here agrees the Jets are bad and enthusiasm should be tempered.

Eh, pretty sure I saw multiple posters reference his "two touchdowns", excluding the obvious troll.

16 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Why? How often do QBs get hurt on QB sneaks? And a QB like Hurts is less likely to get hurt than someone taller who is more exposed.

And if you're making a much higher % of 1st downs than handing it off to a power back, well, 1st downs are key plays.

Yeah QB sneak isn't a high impact play, QB ducks his head and runs into a slow moving pile.

QB is more likely to get hurt trying to run out of bounds or getting hit while sliding

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  That’s exactly what happened.  

Yea but multiple people honestly though Reid Sinnett was better than Hurts 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea but multiple people honestly though Reid Sinnett was better than Hurts 

Im not convinced he’s not

Seems like a long time for Scott to clear concussion protocol.

Calcaterra better look out for Togiai.  Maybe he's an IR candidate.  

JJAW quitting?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I like the fight from Dillard, dudes needs to show some nastiness.

Can only help going forward 

I think keeping him this year could prove to be valuable as Mailata and Johnson both always seem to miss time during the year.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Seems like a long time for Scott to clear concussion protocol.

Calcaterra better look out for Togiai.  Maybe he's an IR candidate.  

JJAW quitting?

He's umbrella shopping with his mom, next week they're going shopping for sconces with Carey Williams...

Poor William Dunkle. At least he has a sweet gig of doing peoples taxes lined up. 

Archived