EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Schwarber pinch hit tonight.  Step one, I guess.

I’m actually surprised they didn’t pinch hit for maton with how bad his at bats looked even when degrom was pulled. I thought they let segura take his at bat in the 8th and have schwarber pinch hit behind him. Run sosa out at 2nd for the bottom of the 8th. In that type of 1 run game Knowing the top of the lineup is coming up after schwarber, I’d like to use all my bullets 

girardi being fired was part of the equation. A big one. Also guys like relamuto and guys and the pen began to just play better. Relamuto the first 2.5 months was just bad. It wasn’t just hitting. He was dropping pop ups behind home plate that led to extra swings, runs and eventually the game. Tbh the only ones who were consistently playing well the first two months were nola, wheeled and Harper. Everyone else was bad or either complete hot or cold with no consistency. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Man, watching Hard Knocks.  This guy looks ready to take someone’s head off.  

12AB56F2-C7AC-4533-AD29-5C01F0072E58.jpeg

Why are the kicker and the punter on the front row, those dudes don't even need to be there😉

27 minutes ago, metal said:

Alex Singleton is making a lot of plays for the Broncos so far

plays or tackles down field?

He's a great volume tackler who makes little to no impact.

9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Play 4,  drop back, clean pocket, Watkins wide open on a crosser.  Good play.  Better if Watkins runs up field. 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that foolishness......he must be afraid of getting tackled.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

plays or tackles down field?

He's a great volume tackler who makes little to no impact.

What ????  Pro bowler

13 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Pickens is definitely going to be a guy in the league. Pickett looked decent also

5 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I know he's just a punter, so you can't lament it much, but telling you, this guy is going to change the field position in a playoff game that changes the game throughout his career. Having a leg like this could change how you call drives. For example, pinned down on your own 5, 3rd and 15. A team might elect to run to gain a few yards so you don't set the team up with great field position. But the Bills might elect to throw because they know Araiza will boot the ball 75 yards. Wish Eagles found a way to get this guy.

He was in every one of my mock drafts.

Araiza wasn't even the first punter drafted. My impression was that he was being overhyped by fans, so it felt somewhat validating that the Bucs (I think it was them) took a different punter.

South Park 25th Anniversary concert at Red Rocks was the coolest jam in forever! Primus, Ween, Trey and Matt. Holy sheet!

10 hours ago, Infam said:

That’s rich coming from the guy that never posts anything of substance ever.

Just stupid insults all day.

But glad you of all people have concerns.

I think I found a clone!  At least I hope bc if there are 2 of you that’s even scarier. 

Try understanding football before you post nerd. Then maybe everyone on flat earth wouldn’t disagree with you. 

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that foolishness......he must be afraid of getting tackled.

I think he was caught off guard by how flat the field was!  

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I think I found a clone!  At least I hope bc if there are 2 of you that’s even scarier. 

Try understanding football before you post nerd. Then maybe everyone on flat earth wouldn’t disagree with you. 

Are you trying to prove me right?

11 hours ago, Utebird said:

I mean around the league RB has been devalued and I'm not sure the eagles devalue RB to the extent they used to LB or any more so than the rest of the league, just seems they bring in one type of RB every year, small, fast, can catch but none of them are guys that are going to push a pile or pick up tough yards.

Algiere is a tough runner , he's a physical runner, on his 15 yard scamper in last game he gets hit in the whole but stiff arms that LB to the ground and bursts through for 15 yards after contact 

Most eagles rbs are going down in first contact.

Plus algiere is a real physical pass blocker and he was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield in college as well.

Seemed like a good fit to me but guess eagles didn't think so.

It's devalued and I can understand and see why it is. You can find good running backs such as Tyler in round 5 nowadays. But this team really hasn't had much luck or good scouting when it comes to RB. Huntley here for three years just seems lazy or misguided to me, neither of which is excusable. Same for Howard continuously, just not a whole lot of excitement or upside at all in that room. Gainwell is "ok" in my book. But he's a smaller, not that physical pass catching back. 
Why not roll the dice on a Ty'Son Williams? The Colts pick him up when they already have a loaded backfield. Seems like there is more upside and wouldn't have hurt to see. I'd take him over Brooks, Huntley or Torrey right now. 
Still hoping for one of the Browns backs which would compliment the other backs well. 

Minshew kills the Jets during the regular season after practicing with the backups all season:

"It's the Jets! LMFAO. Jaws could unretire and beat those a-holes!!"

Hurts has a good drive against said Jets in preseason:

"MVP LEVEL! LOOK AT HOW GOOD HE'S BECOME! TWO TOUCHDOWNS!!!"

😂😂😂😂😂

Let's maybe wait and see what he does against good teams. We know that he can beat bad teams. Let's see this, consistently.

31 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Minshew kills the Jets during the regular season after practicing with the backups all season:

"It's the Jets! LMFAO. Jaws could unretire and beat those a-holes!!"

Hurts has a good drive against said Jets in preseason:

"MVP LEVEL! LOOK AT HOW GOOD HE'S BECOME! TWO TOUCHDOWNS!!!"

😂😂😂😂😂

Let's maybe wait and see what he does against good teams. We know that he can beat bad teams. Let's see this, consistently.

Logic GIFs | Tenor

15 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I know he's just a punter, so you can't lament it much, but telling you, this guy is going to change the field position in a playoff game that changes the game throughout his career. Having a leg like this could change how you call drives. For example, pinned down on your own 5, 3rd and 15. A team might elect to run to gain a few yards so you don't set the team up with great field position. But the Bills might elect to throw because they know Araiza will boot the ball 75 yards. Wish Eagles found a way to get this guy.

Punters have to occasionally pee in the cup too, don’t they? 😂

That’s impressive 

2 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

It's devalued and I can understand and see why it is. You can find good running backs such as Tyler in round 5 nowadays. But this team really hasn't had much luck or good scouting when it comes to RB. Huntley here for three years just seems lazy or misguided to me, neither of which is excusable. Same for Howard continuously, just not a whole lot of excitement or upside at all in that room. Gainwell is "ok" in my book. But he's a smaller, not that physical pass catching back. 
Why not roll the dice on a Ty'Son Williams? The Colts pick him up when they already have a loaded backfield. Seems like there is more upside and wouldn't have hurt to see. I'd take him over Brooks, Huntley or Torrey right now. 
Still hoping for one of the Browns backs which would compliment the other backs well. 

Yup 

It's so weird that the eagles win the super bowl with 3 big backs then afterwards bring in or draft a bunch of midgets.

I saw somebody post the big back is hurts at 6'1" 225 and I thought is that poster being facetious or is that possibly how the eagles look at it?

Either way I think pairing a bigger bag with hurts could help the offense in a lot of ways 

15 minutes ago, McMVP said:

Punters have to occasionally pee in the cup too, don’t they? 😂

That’s impressive 

Wow. He actually was the third punter off the board. The first one was the Penn St. kid by Baltimore in round 4. 

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup 

It's so weird that the eagles win the super bowl with 3 big backs then afterwards bring in or draft a bunch of midgets.

I saw somebody post the big back is hurts at 6'1" 225 and I thought is that poster being facetious or is that possibly how the eagles look at it?

Either way I think pairing a bigger bag with hurts could help the offense in a lot of ways 

That's a good point too.
There's still hope for this year. Maybe they finally realize Huntley doesn't bring much to the table and some of the new front office guys convince Howie a move needs to be made. We brought in a couple guys from the Browns organization and they have a couple good backs over there. Also, wonder if there's any way the Vikes would trade Alexander Mattison. Very frustrating the Eagles don't find guys like this... 

33 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup 

Hurts is the short yardage back, I think he's got an off the chart % of making short yardage conversions.

However, you'd like to be able to pound people, but you don't necessarily need a 230 lb back, you need a back with vision and patience who can hit the hole and break an arm tackle, the 5'9 210 lb guys can do that. However, not sure anyone on the roster qualifies for that role, so I won't be surprised if Howie gets him one, maybe after the first game when contracts aren't guaranteed.

15 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Hurts is the short yardage back, I think he's got an off the chart % of making short yardage conversions.

However, you'd like to be able to pound people, but you don't necessarily need a 230 lb back, you need a back with vision and patience who can hit the hole and break an arm tackle, the 5'9 210 lb guys can do that. However, not sure anyone on the roster qualifies for that role, so I won't be surprised if Howie gets him one, maybe after the first game when contracts aren't guaranteed.

First of all, if the Eagles think this way, then it’s a very dumb way of thinking. Nobody in the history of champions would view their QB as their short yardage back.  

Second, we only deal with facts here. According to you, thoughts and opinions are not welcome bc of what you studied in grad school (despite your hypocrisy in the very same post).  

Archived