EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Poor William Dunkle. At least he has a sweet gig of doing peoples taxes lined up. 

Dunkle had one of the worst football bodies I've ever seen, I mean did no one ever show him where a gym was?

Maybe Howie will hire him as a bean counter?

11 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Araiza wasn't even the first punter drafted. My impression was that he was being overhyped by fans, so it felt somewhat validating that the Bucs (I think it was them) took a different punter.

Didn't he have problems with directional punting in college?  Absolute cannon, but a scatter shot IIRC.

@4for4EaglesNest @Cliftoma

Drive out was 3 hours but we went further than I thought, about 90 - 100 miles offshore, then fished our way back in, so about 2 hours back in. Caught more than our limit of Red Snapper so we gave them to some other people on the boat and kept our biggest 4 which limit. Also got a nice Gag Grouper, King Mackerel and Porgy, plus some Triggerfish. And a million Vermillion Snapper. 

111B9C9C-738B-4958-A0BA-7ED72499011E.jpeg

0BE5F6F6-6D0D-4A0D-BE1E-1E75D98147AE.jpeg

1D449B8F-41B9-4D5E-B38E-FB7898A9DB2A.jpeg

25 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Maybe howie  had a trade lined up?

We can hope.

I don't love OT #4 on this roster, and Lane Johnson is almost a lock to miss games, but at this point we should get value from Dillard before he walks. We're not winning the SB this year anyway.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

spacer.png@4for4EaglesNest @Cliftoma

Drive out was 3 hours but we went further than I thought, about 90 - 100 miles offshore, then fished our way back in, so about 2 hours back in. Caught more than our limit of Red Snapper so we gave them to some other people on the boat and kept our biggest 4 which limit. Also got a nice Gag Grouper, King Mackerel and Porgy, plus some Triggerfish. And a million Vermillion Snapper. 

111B9C9C-738B-4958-A0BA-7ED72499011E.jpeg

0BE5F6F6-6D0D-4A0D-BE1E-1E75D98147AE.jpeg

1D449B8F-41B9-4D5E-B38E-FB7898A9DB2A.jpeg

44 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Saw plenty last year thanks. We have enough data to draw a reasonable conclusion

Your play by play criticism of his 6/6 80 yards, 2 TDs and 158.3 passer rating performance was anything but reasonable. 

41 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts against the Jets D- Solid.

Hurts against what appears to be a very good eagles D- SUCKS.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Your play by play criticism of his 6/6 80 yards, 2 TDs and 158.3 passer rating performance was anything but reasonable. 

I only see 1 TD

1EABE6C5-138E-4402-B544-B993F9AE7701.jpeg

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I only see 1 TD

1EABE6C5-138E-4402-B544-B993F9AE7701.jpeg

One got called back by penalty. It doesn't count in the box score, but it's another positive rep by Hurts.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Constantly reffering to 2 TDs and using "reasonable" in the same sentence just doesn't go together.

You do realize one of them ended up not counting, right? You realize had the first one counted, the 2nd one doesn't happen?

Jalen had 1 TD.

ONE.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

One got called back by penalty. It doesn't count in the box score, but it's another positive rep by Hurts.

Didn't happen though, right? No one made the claim?

Just now, Swoop said:

Didn't happen though, right?

It's the pre-season. We're evaluating players. If Hurts threw a bad INT that got wiped out by a bogus penalty, we'd be upset at him. Works both ways.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I guess it's positive but at the same time we already know hurts can do that and it's not like he juked three guys and did a triple sow cow into the end zone.

Dude saw a huge running lane in front of him he could have driven a Mack truck through and he simply ran to daylight in for the TD, it's almost as if he was still wearing his red jersey in 7 on 7 cuz there was no one around him, no one even came close to Touching him.

Though if @RememberTheKoywas there I'm sure he would have got close enough to touch him...

1 minute ago, RLC said:

It's the pre-season. We're evaluating players. If Hurts threw a bad INT that got wiped out by a bogus penalty, we'd be upset at him. Works both ways.

Right.

But not a single poster brought up two touchdowns and pounded their chest about the drive, right?

Isn't that what you said?

Took all of what? Ten minutes?

Archived