EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Just in case you don’t want birds or bugs or whatever all on them.  

Sounds like you need to get a better PR agent for that variety.  Sun dried sounds so much better.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, austinfan said:

People are really nitpicking pre-season.

A month until the first game, if Hurts worked on his mechanics this summer, he's still processing a lot of stuff to where it's probably not second nature at this point, it's one thing to do reps on an empty field, another to combine your focus on footwork, arm position, reading the field, feeling the pressure in the same package. Beating one play to death is silly.

There is a weird need to ITYS on internet boards, as if just observing and seeing what happens isn't sufficient.

We still have 4 weeks of practice, including 4 scrimmages and maybe a quarter of pre-season action before the 1st game.

Hey, I have an idea, let's see how he looks when the games count before making a big deal of anything.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Players either have to submit for the following year or buy out any remaining stock that's out on the market.  Can't imagine there being TOO many Gainwell jerseys out there but I'm sure it would still add up. 

Then how do all these bottom of the roster guys sell their number when someone bigger is signed/traded/drafted? Reid Sinnett and Pascal have had like 4 numbers each this off-season 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Then how do all these bottom of the roster guys sell their number when someone bigger is signed/traded/drafted? Reid Sinnett and Pascal have had like 4 numbers each this off-season 

I don't have an honest answer for that.  Not sure if a jersey has to be out on the market or what.  Good question though.  You know if Covey makes the team he's not going to be 41.  We also know there are no 41 Covey jersey's for sale.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool.  Go for it.  

Not my gig.  Just sharing about the sound of oven dried tomatoes versus sun dried.  

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Sydney Jones?  Let’s face it, Howie had a real streak of bad second round choices.

Whoever the GM was during Kotite years was really brutal.

1991 1st Antoine Davis 2nd Jessie Campbell👎👎

1992- 2nd RD Siran Stacey 👎

1993-  1st Lester Holmes average career not worth the 19th pick. 1st Leonard Renfro, 2nd Victor Bailey.👎👎👎

1994-  1st Bernard Williams👎 2nd Bruce Walker👎 2nd Charlie Garner👍.

That's 9 picks in the first 2 rounds in 4 drafts where 1( Garner) was worth anything.

Then Rhodes had had a doozy in 97 drafting John Harris in the first and following it up with James Darling in the 2nd.

Just awful stuff by Kotite and a couple stinkers by Rhodes.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

With JJAW, you really have to question the judgement of anyone that ever thought he could play.  

Sure, there have been "worse” picks and bigger busts.  As a comparison, take Andre Dillard.  He’s officially a first round bust.  But the guy is a highly athletic, smooth LT.  He was a great pass protector in college.  They needed a LT.  If you had a problem with that pick, then you saw something a lot of people understandably did not.

JJAW moved like a late career Jordan Matthews.  He had no explosion.  And for someone relegated to being a never open box out possession WR…he was far from an AJ Brown body type…more of a soft, non sculpted, not that strong 6’2” below average athlete.

It should have been obvious from day 1 that he couldn’t play.  

That and he never seemed to really want to play football/didn’t have the mental makeup, imo 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

1993-  1st Lester Holmes average career not worth the 19th pick. 1st Leonard Renfro, 2nd Victor Bailey.👎👎👎

That's 9 picks in the first 2 rounds in 4 drafts where 1( Garner) was worth anything.

Then Rhodes had had a doozy in 97 drafting John Harris in the first and following it up with James Darling in the 2nd.

John Wooten, I believe.

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The horror. The horror. Those were truly difficult times,

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one is sneering at anyone cooking.  FFS.  The guy makes ish up and then runs with it.  I guarantee you I’ve cooked more than anyone in here.  It was my career for a large portion of my adult life.  

I didn't make anything up, you implied that me making my family dinner was some kind of slight to me,and now you're trying to back track per usual.👎

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't have an honest answer for that.  Not sure if a jersey has to be out on the market or what.  Good question though.  You know if Covey makes the team he's not going to be 41.  We also know there are no 41 Covey jersey's for sale.

There were a ton of changes last year too right after cuts and some numbers opened up. Dickerson went from 51 to 69 after they traded Pryor at the end of camp. Stoll was something in the 40’s all TC last year and then switched to 89.

Guest justrelax
26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one is sneering at anyone cooking.  FFS.  The guy makes ish up and then runs with it.  I guarantee you I’ve cooked more than anyone in here.  It was my career for a large portion of my adult life.  

Then why did you go there? It should have been beneath you. 
I doubt anyone in the world works harder than a sous chef.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

John Wooten, I believe.

I can't imagine anyone gave him a job after that, maybe he went into obscurity with Kotite who after being fired from the jets was never heard of again, dude just dropped off the face of the earth🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The way I see it, if you use a dehydrator, you can't call them sun dried tomatoes.  

I kind of agree but I also see that using the dehydrator is more controlled and the result can be better because no critters interfere.  I may try both.  Did you get a garden in this year?  Weather cooperates, my late lettuce and spinach go in tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I kind of agree but I also see that using the dehydrator is more controlled and the result can be better because no critters interfere.  I may try both.  Did you get a garden in this year?  Weather cooperates, my late lettuce and spinach go in tomorrow. 

I put in a bit of one.  Zucs, cucs, tomatoes, peppers and some butternut.  

39 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Well, I learned in here today that it is the start of NC barbecue season.   As a person that grew up in Texas and doesn’t let a little central PA snow slow me down, I stick to Texas season - starts March 1 and ends February 28 (every four years, we take a day off). I have discovered that smoking when it is below freezing is a bit too difficult but grilling is doable 365.  

I like to cook and can attest to your recipes as pretty dang good.  

Speaking of recipes, my tomato "jungle” is overproducing right now. I am contemplating sun dried tomatoes.  They are overpriced in the store and overloaded with salt.  Anyone tried this?  I suspect I could use my dehydrator but the idea of actually sun drying some has me intrigued.  I will be Googling for methods tomorrow but welcome anyone’s input.  

I have a great Chili Sauce recipe that can use up some of your "jungle" 

Are you growing any Sungolds?

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The heat hammered our garden this year.

Having said that what's the best way to dehydrate tomatoes?

Do you slice them up or peel them and put them in or just put them in whole?

Also do you pre season them with anything?

I know a lot of guys hate the number talk but for some of us it's like a science.  I read this article a while back and it just popped up again while trying to find the switching numbers rule.  I don't like the new rule for the NFL.  I understand having to loosen the reigns because of limitations of numbers available but once final cuts are down, you can have a 53 man roster with "regular" number rules. 

The article talks about how the new number rule should be exclusive to good players.  In college, you know if a guy is in a single digit, especially at LB or DE, that guy is a stud, especially if he's given that number as a freshman. The article is arguing that players should have to earn the single digits in the NFL.

You shouldn’t get to wear no. 1 if you’re actually the no. 4 receiver on your team. Here are some other no. 1s from around the league:

• Jerick McKinnon, the Chiefs’ third-string running back
  • Jaelon Darden, a fourth-round pick in the 2021 draft by the Buccaneers who was inactive for their Week 1 game
  • Lonnie Johnson Jr., the Texans’ backup strong safety

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/9/14/22673023/nfl-single-digit-numbers

It's silly to some of you on here and really teeters on ESP territory of writing but I do like seeing what others think. 

27 minutes ago, justrelax said:

@FranklinFldEBUpperdid it over lunch. Google was not involved. @BigEFly and @mattwill were there too.

What was the piece of info that I had wrong that he corrected me on?  It was priceless.  He put me in my place with power, grace and style.  I just don't want to work in his factory.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Since you wanna butt your nose into it.  What did I say that was "going there”?  I make dinner for my family more than anyone in the house.  And everyone knows I cook    Again, what the hell are you talking about?   

The He/Him/They thing was in reference when he hijacked the blog last week over some other triggered ish.   

I didn't high jack the blog last week, if I remember I wasnt on the blog much last week as I was out and about.

Whose making ish up now.

If you make dinner for your family then why would you insult me for doing the same???

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I put in a bit of one.  Zucs, cucs, tomatoes, peppers and some butternut.  

You getting many zucs this year.  Mid August and I have had five from four plants.  Peppers are going wild.  Should have my first harvest the end of the week.  Heats been brutal on my cilantro this year.  Can’t keep it from flowering. 

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I have a great Chili Sauce recipe that can use up some of your "jungle" 

Are you growing any Sungolds?

Beefsteak, cherries, romas, a type of heirloom and a beefsteak hybrid. PM me the chili sauce recipe.  Tomatillos and tomatoes enjoying this summer’s heat and peppers thrive in it.  

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The heat hammered our garden this year.

Having said that what's the best way to dehydrate tomatoes?

Do you slice them up or peel them and put them in or just put them in whole?

Also do you pre season them with anything?

Cut them in half from what I have seen. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ve seen it all.  It’s now racist to do the "made you look” or 4:20 finger circle thing.  

When will white suburbanite housewives let us know what we CAN do?  

I haven’t seen this yet. It obviously has to to with weed. Am I racist for asking about it?  I don’t know the rules anymore. 

Archived