EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

He wore 92? That’s an abomination.

Yep.  He got it in TC.  Lurie ultimately put a stop to that when he saw it.  It was the first thing Lurie did that made me take notice.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They are favorites for sure, it just wouldn't be a complete shock to me if they didn't. Something seems off down there. I get it, it's Tom Brady, but QB's don't just leave the team in the middle of camp for multiple weeks. 

Please don't tell me you're calling Tom Brady's integrity into question .... probably wants Bowles fired because he walked into a meeting. 

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

He wore 92? That’s an abomination.

He wore it until Lurie made them switch. I forget what number he eventually had. 

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He wore it until Lurie made them switch. I forget what number he eventually had. 

Two things.

1.  Josiah Scott is getting safety reps with the 1st team D...instead of Epps.  Not that I'm thrilled a 5-9 CB is getting starting safety reps but I'd be happier if it was over Harris and not Epps.  Not sure why the Eagles are so hell bent on Anthony Harris starting.

2.  With JJAW gone, my money is that Covey is wearing 19 tomorrow.  

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Two things.

1.  Josiah Scott is getting safety reps with the 1st team D...instead of Epps.  Not that I'm thrilled a 5-9 CB is getting starting safety reps but I'd be happier if it was over Harris and not Epps.  Not sure why the Eagles are so hell bent on Anthony Harris starting.

2. I'd prefer it if they gave 19 to Carson Strong. I hate that he's wearing the same number as our punter.

15 minutes ago, justrelax said:

If @FranklinFldEBUpper can’t remember his number and you can, well, I’m scared of you.

Do I get credit for remembering what numbers Reggie White, Keith Byars, and Brian Dawkins initially wore before switching to the ones we remember?

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

2. I'd prefer it if they gave 19 to Carson Strong. I hate that he's wearing the same number as our punter.

Do I get credit for remembering what numbers Reggie White, Keith Byars, and Brian Dawkins initially wore before switching to the ones we remember?

Unfortunately, unless the Eagles move on from Reagor, the only available numbers if Strong makes the team would be 19 and 13 assuming Sinnett would be gone.  They won't be giving out 9 for some time either.  

9 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

You got me with Dawkins, but I know the other 2.

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Hurts up there with the best of the best. 

Let's trade Hurts for Plitt, straight up!

Guest justrelax
12 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

You do. No one is scarier than you. When you gave the date when Vai Sikahema punched the goal post padding, you went into my hall of fame.

5 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You do. No one is scarier than you. When you gave the date when Vai Sikahema punched the goal post padding, you went into my hall of fame.

Yeah, like he couldn't have googled all that info

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Translation : My wife is the alpha and I like being a **** and will defend my gender neutral role.

Translation: I have a small pee pee and am threatened by strong women.

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

I like cooking as well. I’ve traded recipes on the blog for years. There are a number  of posters on here who have taught me quite a lot. 
Anyone who sneers at cooks is a fool.

Yup me too, I've learned quite a bit over the years from various posters about food.

51 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Two things.

I the year and a half that Anthony Harris has been here he's never made a play, heck last year no one knew he was even on the field because he was playing 40 yards back every snap, this year Gannon has him up closer like normal and still zero plays in camp 

I'm not sure why he starts???

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

I like cooking as well. I’ve traded recipes on the blog for years. There are a number  of posters on here who have taught me quite a lot. 
Anyone who sneers at cooks is a fool.

Well, I learned in here today that it is the start of NC barbecue season.   As a person that grew up in Texas and doesn’t let a little central PA snow slow me down, I stick to Texas season - starts March 1 and ends February 28 (every four years, we take a day off). I have discovered that smoking when it is below freezing is a bit too difficult but grilling is doable 365.  

I like to cook and can attest to your recipes as pretty dang good.  

Speaking of recipes, my tomato "jungle” is overproducing right now. I am contemplating sun dried tomatoes.  They are overpriced in the store and overloaded with salt.  Anyone tried this?  I suspect I could use my dehydrator but the idea of actually sun drying some has me intrigued.  I will be Googling for methods tomorrow but welcome anyone’s input.  

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Not sure if Gainwell is allowed to switch numbers at this point, but he wanted 19 last year. 

Don’t see why he couldn’t. I think buying out your number was a one time thing last year 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one is sneering at anyone cooking.  FFS.  The guy makes ish up and then runs with it.  I guarantee you I’ve cooked more than anyone in here.  It was my career for a large portion of my adult life.  

image.gif.b42e3ede09b9a99c90bdf9ab75525cdf.gif

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Well, I learned in here today that it is the start of NC barbecue season.   As a person that grew up in Texas and doesn’t let a little central PA snow slow me down, I stick to Texas season - starts March 1 and ends February 28 (every four years, we take a day off). I have discovered that smoking when it is below freezing is a bit too difficult but grilling is doable 365.  

I like to cook and can attest to your recipes as pretty dang good.  

Speaking of recipes, my tomato "jungle” is overproducing right now. I am contemplating sun dried tomatoes.  They are overpriced in the store and overloaded with salt.  Anyone tried this?  I suspect I could use my dehydrator but the idea of actually sun drying some has me intrigued.  I will be Googling for methods tomorrow but welcome anyone’s input.  

The way I see it, if you use a dehydrator, you can't call them sun dried tomatoes.  

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Two things.

1.  I didn’t see that he got all the reps, just some.  Suspect they want to give him some experience with the starting D.  I am convinced that Gannon is scheming for plays with a nickel/S hybrid but we won’t see that until the regular season. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don’t see why he couldn’t. I think buying out your number was a one time thing last year 

Players either have to submit for the following year or buy out any remaining stock that's out on the market.  Can't imagine there being TOO many Gainwell jerseys out there but I'm sure it would still add up. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can slow dry the tomatoes in the oven BTW. About 200 degrees and add some salt to dry then out.  Make sure you use parchment paper and spray the hell out of it with Pam.  They’ll be a crispier version than we are used too.  But great on salads and tossed in pasta.   Long time.  Like 4 hours.  

So I’ve heard.  

oven dried tomatoes?  

With JJAW, you really have to question the judgement of anyone that ever thought he could play.  

Sure, there have been "worse” picks and bigger busts.  As a comparison, take Andre Dillard.  He’s officially a first round bust.  But the guy is a highly athletic, smooth LT.  He was a great pass protector in college.  They needed a LT.  If you had a problem with that pick, then you saw something a lot of people understandably did not.

JJAW moved like a late career Jordan Matthews.  He had no explosion.  And for someone relegated to being a never open box out possession WR…he was far from an AJ Brown body type…more of a soft, non sculpted, not that strong 6’2” below average athlete.

It should have been obvious from day 1 that he couldn’t play.  

47 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Being to cerebral for one poster.  Franklin’s game memory is phenomenal. 

Archived