EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, but he's basing it on how it's exactly used in the screenshot. It's not used as an OK, or the trick to make you look. I'm Black, and I think it was used in a derogatory way and so did the network. I don't get why we have to come up with all these hypotheticals to justify the act.  Let's just leave it at that and get back to football talk and celebrating JJAW being gone 😄

In all honesty, can I ask why you think it was used in a derogatory way?  I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just trying to see your point of view.  We know absolutely nothing about the guy let alone his intent.  Like you said, it's a screenshot.  Just like we don't know if he was playing the OK game, how can you tell he's being racist?

If he's part of that NZ skinhead group, he deserves the ban and all of the criticism in the world.  But do we have any proof, like .001% proof that this guy is linked to a group?

The network/Cubs claimed it was derogatory to save face in case it was used in that manner, nothing else to it.  

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The problem with your argument is that the sign has multiple uses, as we've established. So if someone flashes it, people are making assumptions for which it was used. 99.9% of the population uses that sign as an ok symbol. An infinitesimal minority uses it as a racist symbol. And if I remember those stories correctly, it was social panic from the army and police departments during social unrest where everything everywhere was racist and some guy got fired for cracking his knuckles outside of his work truck's window because it was misconstrued as that symbol, and companies were removing Uncle Ben's face from rice "bc racism." People were not acting rationally during that time period, it was a bunch of cowards acquiescing to moral panic and a vocal minority of activists.

Yes as such we can also reasonably assume he was making a white power symbol.

99%??? Link😉

While 99% may use that as the ok symbol 99% don't use it like the guy in the pic is. Generally when one uses ok the fingers are pointing up like this👌 not down like in the pic.

Some posters have suggested maybe he was playing the circle game, to which has been stated ones hand needs to below the waist in the circle game.

The sign is also used In yoga as a sign of centering and peace though this guy dies t look like he could skell yoga 

Just by process of simple elimination one could reasonably assume that the reasons he's making that sign is as a white power symbol, whether he's racist or not or is just a drunk idiot is beside the point ss the other possibilities of making that sign have reasonably been eliminated.

This is so much more fun than rehashing hurts over and over again right?😁

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Totally not Howie's burner account guys

Ah... the butterfly effect defense.  Sucking at drafting WRs for years led to trading for Brown, therefore great job with the drafting to lead up to there.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

That's what you get for thinking when you are not used to it :ph34r:

Sheez, aren't you a pleasant one. 

Guest justrelax
46 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Im guessing this pic is from last year?

The nose is Hargrave with the two 4i being cox and sweat.

The two ILB singleton and Edwards with Barnett in the wrakside as a stand up rusher and then not sure who 58 was last year but he's way out there in a wide 9 almost.

In your estimation who would be in this alignment with current personnel.

Davis at Nose Cox and Hargrave at 4i sweat and Reddick at the Edge and Edwards and white/Dean in the middle???

It is from last year. They ran the 4i a couple of times against the Jets but with two ILBs, not one. Like this. The Jets had a heavy package here, with two TEs.

2022-08-15.thumb.png.8b151149447a43bcd1f0485615fb2534.png

Mostly Gannon ran a wide-9, with stacked LBs.

1645496619_2022-08-15(1).thumb.png.c927bc4c6bdb335d672b200bebcf6e6d.png

In the 5-man front I think Davis at NT, of course, and they can rotate the DTs. They might even drop Graham inside. He rushed from the DT position several times over the last few years. Reddick at one DE/LB and rotate Sweat and Barnett at the other end. Possibly drop White in there as well, with Dean at MLB. Basically what you suggested. 

5 minutes ago, MF POON said:

edit.

Yeah, but he's basing it on how it's exactly used in the screenshot. It's not used as an OK, or the trick to make you look. I'm Black, and I think it was used in a derogatory way and so did the network. I'm not bent out of shape about it because racists exist and that's not gonna change. I don't get why we have to come up with all these hypotheticals to justify the act.  Let's just leave it at that and get back to football talk and celebrating JJAW being gone 😄

I'm saying that I don't know why he used it, and as you've just admitted, neither do you. You think you do. And I'm saying that banning people and punishing people for "we think" sets a bad precedent. Maybe he was doing it to be a racist dick. I have no idea. I don't believe in punishing people based off of thinking they did something wrong. That's a good way to screw over a lot of people for no reason in the long run. It leads to families suing Disney World for millions of dollars because "they think" a character in costume ignored their kid because of their skin color. Saw a video the other day where a bunch of kids completely trashed a convenience store because the clerk asked them if they needed any help with anything and "they thought" he was pestering them because of their skin color. Once you start going down the road of "we punish because we think" it leads nowhere good.

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Please.  He/Him/They will go away soon.  I am sure dinner needs to be made.  

Why do you think it's funny or necessary to use ,he/him/they in a derogatory way towards other posters, this is at least the 3rd time I remember you doing this towards me or another poster. For that matter how is me making dinner for my family some kind of slight on me?

I really like cooking, I was in culinary school before I had my twin girls, are you implying  that people that cook are somehow less than?

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ve seen it all.  It’s now racist to do the "made you look” or 4:20 finger circle thing.  

When will white suburbanite housewives let us know what we CAN do?  

Ask you wife...

4 minutes ago, justrelax said:

It is from last year. They ran the 4i a couple of times against the Jets but with two ILBs, not one. Like this. The Jets had a heavy package here, with two TEs.

2022-08-15.thumb.png.8b151149447a43bcd1f0485615fb2534.png

Mostly Gannon ran a wide-9, with stacked LBs.

1645496619_2022-08-15(1).thumb.png.c927bc4c6bdb335d672b200bebcf6e6d.png

In the 5-man front I think Davis at NT, of course, and they can rotate the DTs. They might even drop Graham inside. He rushed from the DT position several times over the last few years. Reddick at one DE/LB and rotate Sweat and Barnett at the other end. Possibly drop White in there as well, with Dean at MLB. Basically what you suggested. 

Cool, im excited to see how it all shakes out 

I remember you posting about 4i last year and I knew almost nothing about it except for what you posted.

When it was floated that gannin wanted to run more 4i I thought Davis would be the perfect fit since he played it in college.

Was ecstatic when they drafted Davis.

I think like you said Howie and Gannon have done a good job not just drafting players but players with a specific set of skills/ traits that for what Gannon wants to do in D.

Hopefully it translates to better defense than last year 

BREAKING NEWS.  Kyler Murray traded to the Falcons

Nope, just the Cardinals original black helmet. 

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a culinary degree you triggered little flower 

😂

Yeah I know you do, I've asked you about food before, specifically I think smoking meat, but I stopped because you act like a D 99% of the time on here and it's really not worth it to me.

Why would I be triggered?

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes as such we can also reasonably assume he was making a white power symbol.

99%??? Link😉

While 99% may use that as the ok symbol 99% don't use it like the guy in the pic is. Generally when one uses ok the fingers are pointing up like this👌 not down like in the pic.

Some posters have suggested maybe he was playing the circle game, to which has been stated ones hand needs to below the waist in the circle game.

The sign is also used In yoga as a sign of centering and peace though this guy dies t look like he could skell yoga 

Just by process of simple elimination one could reasonably assume that the reasons he's making that sign is as a white power symbol, whether he's racist or not or is just a drunk idiot is beside the point ss the other possibilities of making that sign have reasonably been eliminated.

This is so much more fun than rehashing hurts over and over again right?😁

Disagree with the reasonable to assume. I'd be willing to bet most people don't even know that symbol has a white supremacist connotation. That's an online thing that gained traction because of social media, and most everyday Americans probably never even heard of it being connected with racism. So while in the situation it was used is a bad look, I believe the odds also favor it being innocent considering how few use it that way and how few know it's used that way. Regardless though, as I've been saying, making assumptions is not something I like to do. I prefer to irrefutably prove things before I push for punishments. The onus should always be on the accuser.

12 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Sheez, aren't you a pleasant one. 

OMG man, take a joke.

But seriously, he was a safety in college and for the Hawks.

17 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Sensible GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

BREAKING NEWS.  Kyler Murray traded to the Falcons

Nope, just the Cardinals original black helmet. 

I swear black everything is an Arizona thing. Literally any time there’s a jersey or helmet and it’s changing it black it wins with like 80-85% of the vote out here. Had season tickets to the AHL team out here. They had a awesome katchina red jersey. Everyone voted for the black that looked awful due to the logo being black with the black but people still voted for it  

maybe I’m racist towards black jerseys idk.  

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Disagree with the reasonable to assume. I'd be willing to bet people don't even know that symbol has a white supremacist connotation. That's an online thing that gained traction because of social media, and most everyday Americans probably never even heard of it being connected with racism. So while in the situation it was used is a bad look, I believe the odds also favor it being innocent considering how few use it that way and how few use it that way. Regardless though, as I've been saying, making assumptions is not something I like to do. I prefer to irrefutably prove things before I push for punishments.

Those odds decrease when one flashes the symbol the way he is 

Having said that whose pushing for punishments other than the cubs ?

They're a private organization they want to ban a fan or reprimand him to the public that's their prerogative.

Enough people know about it for a whole organization to get involved, they have an image to keep and a drunk white guy making that gesture behind their black employee is bad optics.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt most the time, in this case with the limited info I have from pic I'm going to go with the assumption that I find most reasonable, which is flawed In itself as it's an assumption.

But so is the assumption that it's not a white power sign.

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

We better put Afan on suicide watch.

He is busy typing up his thesis on how this was such a great move, and how the new guy will have a major impact for the Eagles.

Archived