EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

On that Devonta catch, the only movement of the ball I saw was essentially him pulling the ball into his body

I dont even know what the rules are anymore for a catch, but at one point I thought it was established that pulling a catch to your body didn't equate to a "bobble" or loss of possession.

I think it was a legit catch and Id feel the same if that was Terry McLaurin

I was thinking the same thing at the time.   When the ball hit his hands he had both feet down.  It wasn’t until he hauled it in that his other foot left the ground and he wasn’t able to toe tap it before going out of bounds.  

It wasn’t enough evidence to "over turn” it imo.  And vice-versa if it was ruled an incompletion originally, imo. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

gotta see if Tua plays. If hes healthy thats an easy upset pick. 

But, maybe after they called it a back injury and sent him out out play with a concussion, hes not gonna be ready.

Nfl investigating that situation. It was definitely a head/concussion situation. I’m surprised he was able to come back in that game cause it looked bad. 

Shady McCoy has some interesting thoughts on Eric Bieniemy.   Says all he does is argue with players and knows nothing about passing or play calling.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Oh how I was attacked by the hivemind for saying Hurts would be in the MVP conversation this year. 

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/mvp-odds/

People disagreeing with you isn't a personal attack on you.  I think you said that he should already be in the conversation after the first or second game.   

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are you talking about the first long catch on the sideline by Smith?  That wasn't in bounds so not a legit catch, but it went our way.  Great throw by Hurts BTW.  But he didn't have that left foot in.  Just as he had possession that foot came up and never got back down.  Good catch on Saturdays, not in the pros.  But again, it went our way.  So F em all.  

Yes, but why would he need to get that same foot in again once he had it in initially? Both of his feet touched the ground in bounds with the ball in his hands. Two feet really shouldn't even be part of the discussion. Possession is the critical issue.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

People disagreeing with you isn't a personal attack on you.  I think you said that he should already be in the conversation after the first or second game.   

I said he will be in the conversation during the offseason when I put bets in him for MVP.  And I was attacked called an idiot and everything else the hivemind decided to throw my way.  

Sorry, the attempted revisionist history many of you are going to try to paint now regarding your attitudes and opinions that you all presented as indisputable facts about Hurts isn't going to fly. 

18 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I was thinking the same thing at the time.   When the ball hit his hands he had both feet down.  It wasn’t until he hauled it in that his other foot left the ground and he wasn’t able to toe tap it before going out of bounds.  

It wasn’t enough evidence to "over turn” it imo.  And vice-versa if it was ruled an incompletion originally, imo. 

I think it would've been overturned had it been reviewed. But I also thought Travis Kelce's 2-pt conversion catch should have been overturned, so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

I’m glad to see that many of Hurts’ harshest critics are at least open minded enough now to admit he has progressed both as a passer and a QB.   Hopefully these same critics won’t go back to "over the top” criticism if he has a few bad games here and there.   

At the same time, Hurts’ supporters should stay confident (but not arrogant) when it comes to Hurts’ success.  

At the end of the day, we’re all Eagles fans and hopefully we can come together and just start enjoying their success as fans, instead of constantly trying to "one up” each other, when it comes to opinions, etc.

:Eagle_smiley: 

13 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Shady McCoy has some interesting thoughts on Eric Bieniemy.   Says all he does is argue with players and knows nothing about passing or play calling.  

Patrick should leave KC and come here.

38 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

TIme to make plans for late Sunday.

I’m surprised the nfl didn’t put the ravens/bills game in the late afternoon slot to begin with. Curious to see how the bills attack and defend the ravens offense. I thought the loss of hyde hurt them at times yesterday against Miami. 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can't stand how often elite gets thrown around nowadays. Everything is so elite now that nothing is. 

elite is the new racist.

you racist.

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What?  He never had possession when his left foot was down.  Hence, he only got one foot in.  Pretty obvious on the replay.  I don't know what is so hard to understand.  

I don't think he got 2' feet down and I never watched the replay close enough but my question would be whether or not his entire lower leg was down in bounds. That would count. And seemed close. 

43 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

TIme to make plans for late Sunday.

I'm okay watching the Raiders go to 0-4

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What?  He never had possession when his left foot was down.  Hence, he only got one foot in.  Pretty obvious on the replay.  I don't know what is so hard to understand.  

No, you were attacked for being a troll for the past 3 years.  Also, for calling people racists.  

Excellent post

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

MVP shouldn't be discussed this early IMO but the talking heads need something to discuss and hype up

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Credit to Brian Johnson.  I said he'll be the best HC on this staff, when he gets his chance.  Could take a while, but I still believe that.  

Let's hope so, I want the draft picks.

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I said he will be in the conversation during the offseason when I put bets in him for MVP.  And I was attacked called an idiot and everything else the hivemind decided to throw my way.  

Sorry, the attempted revisionist history many of you are going to try to paint now regarding your attitudes and opinions that you all presented as indisputable facts about Hurts isn't going to fly. 

When you have a history of trolling, you are a troll.

Ruben Randle

Nick Foles

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Anyone see snap counts from yesterday yet?

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Are you talking about the first long catch on the sideline by Smith?  That wasn't in bounds so not a legit catch, but it went our way.  Great throw by Hurts BTW.  But he didn't have that left foot in.  Just as he had possession that foot came up and never got back down.  Good catch on Saturdays, not in the pros.  But again, it went our way.  So F em all.  

Yes I am.  I did think it was in bounds, though, technically.

Like right when the ball hit his hands, he had his foot in bounds.  He lifts that first foot up, the other foot taps in bounds and at that same time, what I saw was him pulling the ball to his body and not "re-establishing possession"

If he was truly bobbling it, I would agree it should have been incomplete.  But putting my lawyer hat on, Id argue he never truly lost possession and was essentially tucking the ball away.

Either way a hell of a play and that ball tracking is one reason I love Devonta

Just now, Mike030270 said:

MVP shouldn't be discussed this early IMO but the talking heads need something to discuss and hype up

If we are talking mvp at this point tua should also be in the mvp conversation. They are 3-0. He’s completing 71% of his passes and has 8 tds to 2 int ratio. He’s top 5 in every statistical passing category. Also the dolphins arguably have the two best wins in the league so far against the bills and ravens. I tend to think tua isn’t going to play at this level all year. I’m curious to see when he has to go to Buffalo, New England, niners and chargers late in the year. Although next 6 weeks he has a nice schedule of at cincy, at jets, vs. Minnesota, vs. Steelers, at lions and at Chicago. 

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Anyone see snap counts from yesterday yet?

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Who knew K'Vonn Wallace was still on the team?

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If we are talking mvp at this point tua should also be in the mvp conversation. They are 3-0. He’s completing 71% of his passes and has 8 tds to 2 int ratio. He’s top 5 in every statistical passing category. Also the dolphins arguably have the two best wins in the league so far against the bills and ravens. I tend to think tua isn’t going to play at this level all year. I’m curious to see when he has to go to Buffalo, New England, niners and chargers late in the year. Although next 6 weeks he has a nice schedule of at cincy, at jets, vs. Minnesota, vs. Steelers, at lions and at Chicago. 

If you don't wish to hand out the MVP after 3 weeks you're apparently being obtuse.

If you do, then Tua is the unanimous choice -- unless, again, you wish to be obtuse.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

If you don't wish to hand out the MVP after 3 weeks you're apparently being obtuse.

If you do, then Tua is the unanimous choice -- unless, again, you wish to be obtuse.

image.jpeg.5ddc54396030d24f0c55e34daea1a1b0.jpeg

Archived