Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

29 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Where would one procure such pills?

Asking for a friend...

Zach Berman told me about Roman. 

• Like 2

Not a backbreaker but for a team with SB aspirations health is gonna be huge. 

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

what kind of internet speeds are you working with? Im sure TV processors contribute, but again, Im wondering if my internet upgrade might be a game changer as well.

75 Mbps 

7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Not a backbreaker but for a team with SB aspirations health is gonna be huge. 

That’s a massive loss considering the passing offenses they will face in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

If he throws 1 TD pass it will double his production for the year.  What's wrong with wanting your QB to throw TDs?  

The best part is when Hurts gets injured on a running TD, it will be everyone else’s fault.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

It isn't meaningless when you're QB is looking to get PAID.  Do you pay for wins, stats or both?  If Hurts ends up with 20 passing TDs and 10 rushing TDs and the Eagles are a Wild Card team, are you going to pay him $40 million?  Is that a top QB?

Go back to day 1 for so many of us who question if Hurts is the answer and it all falls back to the passing game and improving as a throwing QB.  Part of that equation is passing TDs, not just yardage.  He looked great last game but again, as good as he looked, improvement is still needed.  Part of that is getting his expensive weapons the ball in the endzone.  

Wanting a player to do more is not hate but I'm sorry you see it as that.  You can ignore the fact that most of us who doubt Hurts have given him credit this year despite wanting more.  

Also, let's not act like 24 points against the Vikings (0 in the 2nd half) is lighting the world on fire.

He doesn't need a new contract until 2024.  

It's beyond ridiculous your hate.  You're complaining about fantasy football stats.  Jalen is a winning QB and he is leading the #1 offense in the league.  You people would be much better served getting into Gymnastics or Ice Skating where the results are based on style points awarded by judges.  You people are so beyond pathetic with the lengths you will go to try to nitpick and find some irrelevant points to solely focus on as the most important stat points ever.  

Jalen Hurts shredded the Vikings with his arm.  This team is not suffering from some issue where they are moving the ball but failing to get it in the endzone.  That isn't occurring.  Unless that starts occurring then complaining about the end result of these drives being rushing touchdowns instead of passing touchdowns is so ridiculously irrelevant.  

Birds 31  Wash 20

Wentz sacked five times

All time series

Wash over Birds 88-82-6

We are closing in having inched closer and closer now over the last 30 years...

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s a massive loss considering the passing offenses they will face in the playoffs. 

It's also week 3. Who knows who else they'll lose by the time the playoffs start.

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's beyond ridiculous your hate.  You're complaining about fantasy football stats.  Jalen is a winning QB and he is leading the #1 offense in the league.  You people would be much better served getting into Gymnastics or Ice Skating where the results are based on style points awarded by judges.  You people are so beyond pathetic with the lengths you will go to try to nitpick and find some irrelevant points to solely focus on as the most important stat points ever.  

Jalen Hurts shredded the Vikings with his arm.  This team is not suffering from some issue where they are moving the ball but failing to get it in the endzone.  That isn't occurring.  Unless that starts occurring then complaining about the end result of these drives being rushing touchdowns instead of passing touchdowns is so ridiculously irrelevant.  

Bahahhahaah

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I've engaged with you a lot and tried to stay civil in conversations.  This response leads me to believe that you are 100% a troll just trying to start arguments.  

• Like 2

Terps are beating Michigan. Kent state is within two of Georgia. Another crazy day brewing? 

Also, the Maryland kicker will be playing on Sunday one day soon. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've engaged with you a lot and tried to stay civil in conversations.  This response leads me to believe that you are 100% a troll just trying to start arguments.  

I'm not trolling, I'm just calling out how ridiculous some of you people are to try and find ways to hate on Hurts as he continues to prove you wrong.  You do understand that you current complaints are completely irrelevant due to the fact that the Eagles are not only moving the ball but scoring, right?  You understand that they aren't moving the ball only to get stuck in the redzone and settle for field goals, right?  Because rushing touchdowns = the same amount of points as rushing touchdowns.  Some of you are so detached from reality that you consider anyone a troll that doesn't go along with your hivemind off the wall opinions.  

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

The best part is when Hurts gets injured on a running TD, it will be everyone else’s fault.

QBs almost always get hurt in the pocket or trying to throw when moving behind the line.

Randall was in the pocket both times.

Foles got crushed often in the pocket. (collarbone x2, JD Clowney cheap shot, cheap shot vs DC)

Brady in the pocket.

Rodgers rolling to his right as a passer looking to pass.

Brees in the pocket.

Dak once running and once in the pocket.

Wentz is not really a running QB but he gets hurt when running.

The most dangerous place in the NFL is behind the line of scrimmage. You have pass rushers, blitzers, and lineman falling on you.

Everywhere else they are tying to tackle you and stop you from gaining yards. Behind the line they want to hurt you.

Tuas little bro can play. 

12 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Terps are beating Michigan. Kent state is within two of Georgia. Another crazy day brewing? 

Also, the Maryland kicker will be playing on Sunday one day soon. 

That was not a pick for Michigan.  Clearly a trap with the ground.

• Like 1

I love when the clowns think getting a 15 yard penalty after they break your leg is some kind of bubble wrap deterrent from QBs taking hits in the pocket.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That was not a pick for Michigan.  Clearly a trap with the ground.

Yeah. Teams can't challenge in college?

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Tuas little bro can play. 

Yeah.  I said it since I saw him last year,  I think he is better than his brother. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

How has your Jalen Hurts voodoo doll been working out this year?

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

QBs almost always get hurt in the pocket or trying to throw when moving behind the line.

Randall was in the pocket both times.  No.  HIs ankle was broken on a scramble - 1994.

Foles got crushed often in the pocket. (collarbone x2, JD Clowney cheap shot, cheap shot vs DC)

Brady in the pocket.

Rodgers rolling to his right as a passer looking to pass.

Brees in the pocket.

Dak once running and once in the pocket.

Wentz is not really a running QB but he gets hurt when running.

The most dangerous place in the NFL is behind the line of scrimmage. You have pass rushers, blitzers, and lineman falling on you.

Everywhere else they are tying to tackle you and stop you from gaining yards. Behind the line they want to hurt you.

Shall we discuss when QBs got hurt running?  Vick in 2003 preseason.  RGIII, knee bends the wrong direction.  Alex Smith - gross injury.   Lots of others.... 

Long story short, there are protections in place for QBs in the pocket.   There are far far less protections for QBs who are running, and we've seen it with Hurts just this season.  How many times was he landed on when he was sliding?   As for the 'behind the line they want to hurt you'.   Nope.  That's an individual thing with the defenders in question.  A lot of defenders don't like it when the QBs run on them and try to embarrass them with the run, so they will take a shot, because it's there to be taken.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Yeah. Teams can't challenge in college?

And they let McCarthy get away with a grounding call that was blatant.  

Maybe not quite Barry Sanders but Darren Sproles level?

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah.  I said it since I saw him last year,  I think he is better than his brother. 

Only reason he didn't suit up for Saban is Bryce Young came. Was surprised he went to Maryland though. Happy though. Like the terps. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And they let McCarthy get away with a grounding call that was blatant.  

Big ten doesn't want to screw up one of their playoff contenders. 

@Iggles_Phan

Randall was dropping back to pass and stepping up to avoid the rush. He throws the ball on the play.

Either way it was not a designed run or a take off and run play.