Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Just noticed Syracuse is playing Virginia. Syracuse RB Sean Tucker is worth a watch. Looks like Virginia has limited him pretty well so far with just 60 total yards. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

@downundermike Im thinking about this apple TV thing again, and Im wondering how much of a difference faster internet might make for me. Im not sure what is TV load time based on hardware, or what is internet load time based on internet speed.

I think I pay for 100mbps which should be plenty fast enough to stream multiple. I think we get anywhere from about 45-80 mbps in reality. And it does stream fine without buffering. But I wonder if there would be faster load times of the apps if internet was faster as well.

We are going to be switching to gigabit fiber internet soon. We could be getting speeds increasing from 45mbps to 1000 mbps. Im curious to see if that changes anything.

I just timed it, from the time I hit the power button on the Apple TV remote until I was watching a show on YouTube TV was nine seconds

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

From memory, I’d probably say it was 40/40/20 in a Siri/Gainwell/Hurts distribution.

I thought Steichen was the play caller now.  How was Siri to blame for the play call if he's not calling plays?  :blink:

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I thought Steichen was the play caller now.  How was Siri to blame for the play call if he's not calling plays?  :blink:

True, replace Siri with play caller.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I just timed it, from the time I hit the power button on the Apple TV remote until I was watching a show on YouTube TV was nine seconds

what kind of internet speeds are you working with? Im sure TV processors contribute, but again, Im wondering if my internet upgrade might be a game changer as well.

Just saw on ESPN bottom line, Bills will be missing 4 defensive starters vs Dolphins. 

Possible upset there.

Of course, Buffalo still has its offense so.. could be anyones game in a shootout.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

True, replace Siri with play caller.

That was more directed at Siri for claiming responsibility for that.  It makes no sense.

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

2nd day in a row.  Week 3.  After barely playing in the preseason and very limited practices.   

What in the world? These guys didn’t even practice all week??

8 minutes ago, Thrive said:

They all practiced today except Dickerson. That's what FP means

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thrive said:

The only one who missed practice was Dickerson. Everyone else was a full practice. The "rest” was just to explain why they previously sat out practice. 

• Like 2

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 38 WFT (can't even write the other name) 23.

Wentz 2 fumbles (gets one back and loses one) and 1 pick.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My first concert. 

Halftime show is incapable of having people who can play instruments or any kind of rock music.  Either pop country girls music or cRap

And when they do, like Red Hot Chili Peppers, they fake play their instruments 

5 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

image.thumb.jpeg.de8bc12c6f2b41edf30130963eb40243.jpeg

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I like 

My favorite of the new alternate helmets this year 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My favorite of the new alternate helmets this year 

I like them, but they’d better not be dumb enough to wear them with the orange or black uniforms.  It would look better white helmet on white jersey, with a tinge of black or orange

image.jpeg.c49a906a8d38e7c039d74e37b469777d.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

what kind of internet speeds are you working with? Im sure TV processors contribute, but again, Im wondering if my internet upgrade might be a game changer as well.

The AppleTV CPU is what’s doing it more than a speed upgrade. If you’re getting close to 50mbps or so over WiFi, upgrading won’t factor in nearly as much for just streaming. 

There’s a reason it cost like 2x the next most expensive streaming option. 

• Like 1

Have to wonder if Dickerson can't go if they'll slide Jurgens in.

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I like them, but they’d better not be dumb enough to wear them with the orange or black uniforms.  It would look better white helmet on white jersey, with a tinge of black or orange

image.jpeg.c49a906a8d38e7c039d74e37b469777d.jpeg

Was thinking the same thing.  

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Have to wonder if Dickerson can't go if they'll slide Jurgens in.

That's what I would expect. I tho they'll want to get him reps at time an interior OL is injured.  He's the best back OL we have anyway.  No one should play before him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamiller said:

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 38 WFT (can't even write the other name) 23.

Wentz 2 fumbles (gets one back and loses one) and 1 pick.     

Commanders 

45 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Commanders 

I think it’s Commode Doors. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think it’s Commode Doors. 

I like Commies. Perfect for a DC team. Oh wait no politics…

@ToastJenkins

I’m taking the family up to Indy to take my son to his first Eagles game. We’re for sure hitting the children’s museum. Any other fun stops we should make with an 8-year-old and 3-year-old?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

That's what I would expect. I tho they'll want to get him reps at time an interior OL is injured.  He's the best back OL we have anyway.  No one should play before him. 

I don't like him at OG.  I think he'll be overmatched there.  

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

@ToastJenkins

I’m taking the family up to Indy to take my son to his first Eagles game. We’re for sure hitting the children’s museum. Any other fun stops we should make with an 8-year-old and

https://lnk.bio/ponyindy