EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nfc is pretty wild right now. Frankly i came away more impressed that the Bucs were able to nearly come back and tie that game against GB than Green Bay winning it. The Bucs down their 3 top receivers and multiple lineman and still nearly pulled it off. Feels like Green Bay won the battle but once the Bucs get healthier they are going to win that war if they played again. 

thought the rams looked like crap most of the day against AZ. They got up 13-0 then just looked lost until they decided to give Akers the ball. Even then he fumbled at the 1. Something just seems off with the rams this year.

bears currently own the last playoff spot at 2-1 cause they’ve beaten the niners in a monsoon and houston. Giants are one of the worst 2-0 teams I’ve seen. Vikings are fortunate the lions went full lions kicking a fg instead of punting it and pinning the Vikings inside deep in their own territory with no timeouts left and would’ve been around 1 min needing to score a td. 

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m not arguing that there weren’t legitimate concerns. I’m saying some of the criticism in here went over the top in degree. 

People literally were ripping him for how much he squatted down while in shotgun, that it was affecting how he saw the defense. It was laughable. It was a problem. He stopped doing it this year.

People repeatedly called him a running back. He was. The first game this year attests to that (more runs than any of our RBs). The last two games, he changed that.

People said he hadn’t improved at all since entering the league. By the end of last year, he had regressed again. And the playoff loss was the icing on the cake. 

People said he was only a one-read QB (which in a broad sense I could agree with, but again it was overstated and he was improving in that area). He was. 

It was a matter of degree. He was improving but people couldn’t even acknowledge that. I fully understand people not expecting this kind of leap. I’m one of those people.

8 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

A cursed franchise.

Damn. Have Herbert in two leagues. Time to shop them Dillard, along with Tennessee with Lewan out for the year too.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The nfc is pretty wild right now. Frankly i came away more impressed that the Bucs were able to nearly come back and tie that game against GB than Green Bay winning it. The Bucs down their 3 top receivers and multiple lineman and still nearly pulled it off. Feels like Green Bay won the battle but once the Bucs get healthier they are going to win that war if they played again. 

thought the rams looked like crap most of the day against AZ. They got up 13-0 then just looked lost until Akers decided to give Akers the ball. Even then he fumbled at the 1. Something just seems off with the rams this year.

bears currently own the last playoff spot at 2-1 cause they’ve beaten the niners in a monsoon and houston. Giants are one of the worst 2-0 teams I’ve seen. Vikings are fortunate the lions went full lions kicking a fg instead of punting it and pinning the Vikings inside deep in their own territory with no timeouts left and would’ve been around 1 min needing to score a td. 

SB hangover.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

There's a difference between offering an opinion, and holding forth like your opinion was handed down on Mt. Sinai.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions, I'm still not sold on Hurts, I want to see progress throughout this season.

So those who are now patting themselves on the back should reconsider until more evidence is in, and those who were adamant that he could never progress should consider a large slice of humble pie.

The only things certain are death and taxes, and you can avoid the latter if you're rich enough to hire the right lawyers and lobbyists.

Oh this is rich, coming from you of all people. 

I had an opinion, and was strong in my conviction. I've been proven wrong, and freely admit it.

When the day comes that you are able to say even one negative thing about this franchise, well...the end times will be here. Shove it. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He will have a lot of opportunities post career. It wouldn't surprise me if he went the media route, it wouldn't surprise me if he joined the coaching staff/front office, and it wouldn't surprise me if he just disappeared and lived the dad life. 

I can’t see him being a coach in the league. Coaches can’t do a bunch of other things and have to be dialed in. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go the media route

23 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Also were fortunate that Rivera was super slow on throwing the challenge flag on Smith's long reception.  I don't think he was in bounds.

BUT... that's how that goes.   The end of the first half was gross to watch.  The 3rd down play call was brutal all things considered, and the fact that they got a TD to Smith doesn't change their process.   That needs to be fixed.

I'm not sure that call would get overturned. If you watch the replay closely, you'll see that Smith (barely) has his one foot in bounds at the moment the ball hits his hands and then clearly gets his other foot in. It could be argued, I think somewhat convincingly, that he got both feet in. The question then becomes whether there was a bobble (I don't think so) or whether the ball moved (it maybe kind of did) while he was coming down with it. But the ball moving doesn't automatically constitute an incompletion as we saw in the Super Bowl with Corey Clement's touchdown catch.

That could easily have been a "call stands" verdict. At any rate, I don't think it's the clear cut obvious overturn that everyone seems to assume.

One great thing I haven't seen mentioned is that we escaped that horrible field without any serious injuries. And I'm glad we played them now, early in the year, before the field conditions get even worse. Too many significant injuries on that field over the years. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

I can’t see him being a coach in the league. Coaches can’t do a bunch of other things and have to be dialed in. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go the media route

I meant more of the Jason Avant, Connor Barwin, Brent Celek, Darren Sproles, Brian Dawkins role. Not jump straight into a full time O-line coach or OC. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I meant more of the Jason Avant, Connor Barwin, Brent Celek, Darren Sproles, Brian Dawkins role. Not jump straight into a full time O-line coach or OC. 

We know what you meant, racist! 

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm not sure that call would get overturned. If you watch the replay closely, you'll see that Smith (barely) has his one foot in bounds at the moment the ball hits his hands and then clearly gets his other foot in. It could be argued, I think somewhat convincingly, that he got both feet in. The question then becomes whether there was a bobble (I don't think so) or whether the ball moved (it maybe kind of did) while he was coming down with it. But the ball moving doesn't automatically constitute an incompletion as we saw in the Super Bowl with Corey Clement's touchdown catch.

That could easily have been a "call stands" verdict. At any rate, I don't think it's the clear cut obvious overturn that everyone seems to assume.

I haven't watched a replay since the game yesterday but it looked like the feet were in. I think the only question is did he have control.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Vikings only needed a field goal to tie. If the Lions make the field goal, then the Vikings would need a touchdown. So there was some logic to the decision.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Damn. Have Herbert in two leagues. Time to shop them Dillard, along with Tennessee with Lewan out for the year too.

SB hangover.

I think it is some of that. Their defense has actually looked fine. The atlanta game looks like the defense played poorly but a blocked punt was returned for a td (2 point conversion) and gave up a safety. So that’s 10 points not on the defense so they gave up 17. Bills they didn’t look great but the bulls are gonna do that to a lot of teams. Also Stafford’s last 2 picks gave the hills excellent field position which didn’t help matters. 

I think on offense it’s more their oline is not very good. Last year it was pretty good. This year they are dealing with injuries and losing their LT to retirement.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This is a championship contending year.  Gotta hold onto Dillard. 

I a...

I agr...

I agree.

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Not me, I have friends who aren't coaches 

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

But Kelce is "well-spoken".

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Unless Chargers are super desperate, I dont see them offering a great trade for Dillard just because he wouldnt be in their long term plans at LT. Tennessee however is a different story. They would be the ones to watch for.

16 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The Vikings only needed a field goal to tie. If the Lions make the field goal, then the Vikings would need a touchdown. So there was some logic to the decision.

I much rather make the Vikings have to go 60+ yards to get into field goal range with no timeouts and have to make the field goal. Also the lions kicker missed a 48 yard field goal earlier in the game that wasn’t very close. And their kicker for his career was 2-6 from 50+ and 17-24 from 40-49. Their kicker isnt that accurate from 40+ in his career.

The miss on 54 yard field goal gave them the ball at the 44. Meaning for the Vikings really only needed about 18-20 yards in the dome to get into field goal range. add Joseph had missed two field goals earlier in the game for the Vikings. So i think the Vikings preferred going for a td and the short field allowed for that as they likely didn’t trust Joseph. 

to me the momentum swung on that kick. you gave the Vikings a short field to potentially win the game and the lions were down their best safety in walker. I feel like the worst thing that could’ve happened to the Lions if they punted and pinned as Minnesota had no timeouts left was they get into field goal range and tie it sending it to overtime. I don’t think the Vikings had enough time to go 90+ yards and score a td with no timeouts in about 60 seconds. 

If the lions had a good kicker I’d be more for it. But they really don’t. His numbers don’t give me confidence he’d make that especially when he missed 48 yards earlier in the game. 

TIme to make plans for late Sunday.

On that Devonta catch, the only movement of the ball I saw was essentially him pulling the ball into his body

I dont even know what the rules are anymore for a catch, but at one point I thought it was established that pulling a catch to your body didn't equate to a "bobble" or loss of possession.

I think it was a legit catch and Id feel the same if that was Terry McLaurin

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Projection winner of Week 3 is @MillerTime who came closest with a prediction of 30-10 Eagles. There were a few other close ones but Miller believed the most in Gannons D which ended up giving him the Win. 

Bonus Winners:

@B3 Smith and Brown TD's

@bbabraham AJ Brown Batman Celebration (I don't know what exactly he did on the field but the cape on the bench immediately afterwards swayed my decision)

@BigEFly Wentz fumbles

@Casey @ Bat Brown gets a score or two

@Connecticut Eagle Davis has a highlight worthy play (and was ELITE)

@DrPhilly Wentz sacked 5 times

@FranklinFldEBUpper Wentz throw 0 interceptions

@Godfather Brown TD

@Iggles_Phan More passing TD's than Rushing

@Iggles25 Hurts 2+ passing TD's

@MillerTime Eagles get 5+ sacks

@Next_Up Hurts 3 passing TD's

@Outlaw Reddick first sack of the season

@RememberTheKoy AJ Brown TD

@Shalodeep Wentz gets strip sacked

@Swoop Hurts 3 passing TD's

@Texas Eagle Smith and Brown TD's

I'm going to do my best for this next week, but with not really knowing exactly what Hurricane Ian is going to bring to me yet, there might be some hiccups. Just remember to tag me.

2 weeks in a row!!

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Dolphins are getting 3 points thursday night against the Bengals....

Short week with travel and Dolphins coming off an emotional win against a division rival i could see Cincinnati winning that game. 

plus apparently the nfl is investigating Miami’s concussion situation with tua. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Dolphins are getting 3 points thursday night against the Bengals....

gotta see if Tua plays. If hes healthy thats an easy upset pick. 

But, maybe after they called it a back injury and sent him out out play with a concussion, hes not gonna be ready.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

gotta see if Tua plays. If hes healthy thats an easy upset pick. 

But, maybe after they called it a back injury and sent him out out play with a concussion, hes not gonna be ready.

Would think the league/nfl pa would ask for an independent neurological exam today

Archived