Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Those are DBs. Jalen Hurts is bigger/stronger/thicker than the guys who is tackling him. There's a reason why Hurts dragged them into the end zone.

There is a tremendous difference between getting tackled by DL or LB compared to DBs.

Like I said... if it was Harrison Smith or Andrew Sendejo, it could have been different.   They weren't just DBs, they were CBs.   That said... CBs can lay hits on the QB... and a kidney shot while his back is turned is the concern.  A well placed hit is more dangerous than just a hard one.  I don't want my QB lowering his shoulder and running over anyone at the goal line.   He did it twice in this past game.  He lowered his shoulder running up the middle against DLs and LBs as well.   

I'm not going to change my stance on this.  The QB trying to run over defenders... any defenders... is a dangerous game, and its one that I've never seen a QB ultimately win.  Eventually... the QB will lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Those are DBs. Jalen Hurts is bigger/stronger/thicker than the guys who is tackling him. There's a reason why Hurts dragged them into the end zone.

There is a tremendous difference between getting tackled by DL or LB compared to DBs.

lol just made me think of what a guy like Brian Dawkins would do to someone like Jalen Hurts on the football field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

meh....thats more of that apple propaganda that isnt cool to anyone but apple freaks.

Thats like logging in to amazon prime or Netflix on the TV and you have to pick which profile you are logging in with. Thats an extra step which takes more clicking, and more load time.

I only use 3 apps. YoutubeTV, Netflix, and very rarely Amazon but now I guess I will have to use it weekly during the football season.

I dont need separate profiles for that. We would all be using the same apps.

You don't have to.  Join me in my protest against TNF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Here's a cute variation on the Power. We run it because of Kelce. The Power is a simple pull by one of the guards across behind the center. He turns up at the first opening he sees and the RB follows him. This is a gap run rather than a zone run. In this variation, it is the center who pulls around the guard. Minnesota is in a soft front, a 4-2 with the edge guys standing up.

2022-09-23.thumb.png.c1707577ba711d68a12a943838078fab.png

Kelce pulls behind Dickerson, who is one-on-one against the DT. Mailata is one-on-one against the DE.

2022-09-23 (1).png

Dickerson has the DT well in hand. Mailata is turning the DE out. Kelce is turning up the B gap and Sanders is following. The safety (#39) is coming up in run support but here comes Zach Pascal (#26) Quez Watkins (#16).

394581725_2022-09-23(2).thumb.png.93a3eefa073c744fef7dfebb72dfcaea.png

Pascal Watkins takes out the safety so Kelce continues up the alley with Sanders right behind him.

1380819296_2022-09-23(3).thumb.png.e5edca09bb45923710f4f181acb64094.png

Kelce cleans out the LB (#54). The free safety (#24) comes across to make the tackle...

2022-09-23 (4).png

...but Sanders gives him the hip and takes it away. You can just see Brown at the edge of the screen.

1154464972_2022-09-23(5).thumb.png.23174a6e01fc0c7f06ba22a175948d60.png

Brown has no angle on the CB. If he had the angle this play would have gone the distance. As it was, it was a 12-yard gain and a first down.

1835986444_2022-09-23(6).thumb.png.663529b0e8372ba4be1cb5c25a646c0b.png

 

 

Watkins block was very good.  I was surprised.  Good effort play all around by the team.  Clearly they are tired of hearing how much harder Jalen Hurts works than them.   

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, hputenis said:

We're gonna watch the new Netflix series, Dahmer and get some new ideas.  You want in?  

I’ll bring the popcorn and lube

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

His own staff are trying to get him fired?   Do they not realize that they will likely be fired with him?    Dopes.   And they could just ask out of their contracts and go work somewhere else if they don't like working for him.   

This is disgusting and cowardly.  I have zero respect for any of them.

And now they probably blackballed themselves from ever joining another program. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And now they probably blackballed themselves from ever joining another program. 

I wouldn't want to hire them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

lol just made me think of what a guy like Brian Dawkins would do to someone like Jalen Hurts on the football field.

It's a different game. Dawkins is getting flagged for that Crumpler hit in the 2004 NFCCG.

DBs are getting smaller to handle WRs, so bigger players are going to have an easier time breaking tackles. That's what makes AJ Brown so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's a different game. Dawkins is getting flagged for that Crumpler hit in the 2004 NFCCG.

DBs are getting smaller to handle WRs, so bigger players are going to have an easier time breaking tackles. That's what makes AJ Brown so good.

No he's not.  That was clean, even in today's game.   Shoulder to chest hit.  Not a defenseless player, not to the head, not leading with his helmet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

His own staff are trying to get him fired?   Do they not realize that they will likely be fired with him?    Dopes.   And they could just ask out of their contracts and go work somewhere else if they don't like working for him.   

This is disgusting and cowardly.  I have zero respect for any of them.

There was a person on staff  at Wake Forest that was doing the same thing a couple of years ago.  It's just crazy and what is worse is the teams and coaches that were using the information.  There's no integrity in using that information either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCiggles said:

There was a person on staff  at Wake Forest that was doing the same thing a couple of years ago.  It's just crazy and what is worse is the teams and coaches that were using the information.  There's no integrity in using that information either. 

Nope.  In fact, if I got that information, I'd call the HC and AD at the school leaking it and let them know who the rat is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

No he's not.  That was clean, even in today's game.   Shoulder to chest hit.  Not a defenseless player, not to the head, not leading with his helmet.

He is 100% getting flagged - the hope would be that they would get together after and discuss and eventually pick it up, but anytime a receiver gets laid the F out the automatic reaction is to throw a flag.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

He is 100% getting flagged - the hope would be that they would get together after and discuss and eventually pick it up, but anytime a receiver gets laid the F out the automatic reaction is to throw a flag.  

If they pick it up... then there's no flag.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Agreed after seeing it a couple times. Plus, the ball was coming down way faster on OBJ's catch. Pickens' was more of a quick lob.

And OBJ's was in the rain adding another level of difficulty to it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’ll bring the popcorn and lube

Who is bringing the tarp and shovels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

Keyboards?

I am typing up my waiver now for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’ll bring the popcorn and lube

I’ll bring the poodle.  @Godfather will bring the mustard.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LeanMeanGM

Commanders 12

Eagles 10

Wentz leads the Redskins on 2 drives that end with turnovers in the red zone when he is stripped sacked by surprise signing and call up Alshon Jeffrey who plays DE.   Eagles don't score a TD but get 5 safeties.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No he's not.  That was clean, even in today's game.   Shoulder to chest hit.  Not a defenseless player, not to the head, not leading with his helmet.

He's getting flagged.  Half of the time they throw the flag, it's based on crowd reaction or just because a hit looks too forceful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

image.png.385be88bfe55b991eec812426335aed7.png

Gold. 🤣

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’ll bring the poodle.  @Godfather will bring the mustard.  

Poodle? Bacarty already wishes death upon it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...