EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts has had 3 good games. The Eagles don't beat the Lions week 1 without Jalen Hurts' performance in that game. 

Sure - he had a good game running the ball against the Lions.  He looked a lot like he has the last 2 seasons passing the ball although he had some nice throws.  I would like to see him continue to show improvement as a passer.  I would also like him to stop taking hits.  He did avoid big hits on Sunday save from a few when passing from the pocket.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts has had 3 good games. The Eagles don't beat the Lions week 1 without Jalen Hurts' performance in that game. 

He has had 1 good game and two good halfs.

Just now, downundermike said:

I would love to hear how PFF justifies actually fumbling the ball as not turnover worthy :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

image.png.d7f447b503c2d3d74353ea587763a433.png

I'm guessing because he didn't lose it?

17 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I almost felt bad for Wentz.  But then as soon as I started feeling bad I remember that he totally quit on the team and franchise like a child

You know there had to be a moment (maybe 9 moments) where he thought to himself "man I f'ed up, how did I wind up here?"

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Or the onside kick.  

That too. Eagles offense was outscored by the Lions offense. I know the humper will still say he's the reason we won tho

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

In fairness, you said Howie has work to do. I have been talking about the one year contracts and the free agency exposures this season.  It’s a Howie issue.  

IF the performance and the vibe (both for Hurts and for the team as a whole) continues as it has these first three weeks, the Eagles players who become free agents at the end of the season will more than likely have a significant bias toward staying here in Philadelphia.

Bradberry has a cap hit of $7.25 million this year.  OTC shows a Dead Cap number of $5 million if they don't resign him.
Epps has a cap hit of $965,000 this year. 
Gardner-Johnson has a cap hit of $2.5 million this year. 
Graham has a cap hit of $9.4 million this year.  OTC shows him as being still under contract in 2023 with a cap hit of $9.6 million or if cut a Dead cap of $18.3 million.
Hargrave has a cap hit of $17 million this year.  Any replacement cost for him will include both the replacement player's cap hit and $12 million Dead Cap from restructure costs.
Kelce has a cap hit of $8 million this year.  Any replacement cost for him will include both the replacement player's cap hit and any restructure costs from Kelce's current contract
White has a cap hit of only $1.8 million this year.  OTC shows a Dead Cap number of $1.1 million if they don't resign him.

All of that is actually quite manageable if Hurts stays on his Rookie contract number of $1.9 million.

After 2022
Unrestricted: James Bradberry, Andre Dillard, T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Brandon Graham, Javon Hargrave, Jason Kelce, Gardner Minshew II, Sua Opeta, Zach Pascal, Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Isaac Seumalo, Brett Toth, Kyzir White
Restricted: Tyree Jackson (ERFA)

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm pulling for a tie but I guess best case scenario would be Giants. They would be a complete pretend team at 3-0. I'd rather have that then Cowboys somehow float along with Dak out.

Been trying to figure this out. In the short term I'd like to see us being the only team in the NFCE at 3-0. But if I try and project out what the future will hold I don't see the Giants keeping pace with us and/or Dallas so dropping Dallas to 1-2 could very well be the better outcome in the long term. Hoping they just beat the crap out of each other and walk away with a tie.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I feel like thats an HBO thing. 

I cant think of one series ending, or how it ended I liked. 

People have their opinions but I'm one of the few that liked how The Sopranos ended. Btw, East Bound and Down was a good show too. Predictable ending

2 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Been trying to figure this out. In the short term I'd like to see us being the only team in the NFCE at 3-0. But if I try and project out what the future will hold I don't see the Giants keeping pace with us and/or Dallas so dropping Dallas to 1-2 could very well be the better outcome in the long term. Hoping they just beat the crap out of each other and walk away with a tie.

There's really nothing to think about. Root for the Giants. They're not going to last. It's the Cowboys who are much more of a long term threat. Plus they're the Cowboys, so rooting against them feels right anyway.

11 hours ago, Next_Up said:

He has thrown into tight windows. To his benefit, Smith and Brown are beasts in traffic. I don't think that pass D will get harder. Smith and Brown are a big part of the mojo -- trust your receivers to come down with the ball. 

Goedert is too.  Pascal is also.  The completion to Calcaterra was not in traffic, but it showed Calcaterra's promise as a receiver.

17 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 24

Jags 20

Bonus: Jalen Hurts takes out his phone at halftime to apologize to the EMB for terrible cheesesteaks he made during the offseason.

and the corn rows

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

The Hurts vitriol was so bad in here and completely over the top. His strongest supporters deserve to crow. 

No it was not, there were legitimate concerns about him, and so far he seems to have overcome some issues.  Lets see it continue, lets see it when playing from behind, lets see it when you have to go score for score in a game.

And when his biggest fluffers are clearly trolling, and even got banned from the previous board for hating on our Super Bowl winning QB, the push back will be strong.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There's really nothing to think about. Root for the Giants. They're not going to last. It's the Cowboys who are much more of a long term threat. Plus they're the Cowboys, so rooting against them feels right anyway.

Aint that the truth!

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

The Sopranos ending was lackluster. 

I love a bunch of HBO stuff, true blood till it got weird. I think the Wire was the best show ever made. Loved East bound(ending sucked) Deadwood was good, bad ending. I hate how they drew out True Dective but I think series 1 was awesome`

I still liked it. Agreed on True Detective season 1. Board Walk Empire was good also.

Another great half from Hurts and...another 2nd half performance from the team. Defense is getting the job done, but I still question this pass rush and look forward to see if they can actually continue this momentum vs the Jags. Trevor Lawrence was good at getting the ball out quick and dinked and dunked the ball down the field and Chargers couldnt get them off the field. I think this game will be their hardest game yet from start to finish. The Oline is going to need to have a nice game and give Hurts time. Devin Lloyd has looked pretty good so far. They can generate some pass rush with Walker and Allen. Also cant let Jags get going with their run game.

GOT, Sopranos and Lost all had crap endings.  David Chase go way too artsy with the ending it kinda cut the legs out of the last season.  

The GOT final season was just lazy and all over the place.  Once the show was 90% dragons burning people and less about the different factions and vitriol in some of the acting, it went downhill.  

Better Call Saul ended nicely.  Breaking Bad was decent too.  

I go back and forth with The Sopranos ending, leaving it to your imagination was good, but the scene was just to dramatic.  Could have done without the music and the stupid Meadow unable to park her car.

My favorite show, Justified, had the best ending.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

GOT, Sopranos and Lost all had crap endings.  David Chase go way too artsy with the ending it kinda cut the legs out of the last season.  

The GOT final season was just lazy and all over the place.  Once the show was 90% dragons burning people and less about the different factions and vitriol in some of the acting, it went downhill.  

Never saw Lost. BB and BCS were amazing. The endings were awesome and perfect. I thought we were just talking about HBO shows but yes on those two

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm guessing it has already been noted but in case it hasn't, the Eagles were very fortunate to have that last second touchdown at the end of the first half count. There were eighteen seconds on the clock prior to the failed third down run. From the moment Kelce snapped the ball on third down until the moment he snapped the ball on fourth down, a little more than nineteen seconds (call it about 19.1) had elapsed. The Eagles really didn't get that ball off in time. 

The sequence was frustrating.  I did not like the first 3 playcalls.  I mean they should have run the ball first and then passed it.  Ultimately, they did score and the best part was Hurts on the last play.  

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's a message board....what are we doing here if not giving our own opinions? Instead, you sat on the fence, and now are trying to rub the noses of those who offered opinions in the dirt. Get bent. 

There's a difference between offering an opinion, and holding forth like your opinion was handed down on Mt. Sinai.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions, I'm still not sold on Hurts, I want to see progress throughout this season.

So those who are now patting themselves on the back should reconsider until more evidence is in, and those who were adamant that he could never progress should consider a large slice of humble pie.

The only things certain are death and taxes, and you can avoid the latter if you're rich enough to hire the right lawyers and lobbyists.

11 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I might need some work on this, but I'm going to give it a try.

I'm sure a lot of people are happy about today's game, but I'm not one of them. I'm furious about everything. Right now we're 3-0 but we should really be a lot better than that. Let me elaborate on all the things that ticked me off about today's game. These go to eleven.

1) Britain Covey fumbling a punt and looking like a doofus returning the ball. I'm sure anyone else could do better. 

That punt was very interesting in person.  I would agree with you if it were a standard spiraling punt or even an end-over-end punt, but it wasn't either of those ... it was a knuckler.  I watched all the punts closely through the game and that one, because it was a knuckler, did not haved a clean trajectory.  it clearly moved from Covey's right to his left ... substantially.  If I were to criticize him on that punt, I would say that he should have let it bounce (ideally drifting to his right away from the actual landing spot of the ball) and roll into the end zone.

JMO

I agree with BB and BCS. There are a lot of Limited Series shows that also were great all the way through. Most recently Chernoybl and Mare of Easttown come to mind. Band of Brothers before that. Basically anything that starts that has a designed end point vs shows that have a good premise but no idea how to land it. 

Archived