EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I go back and forth with The Sopranos ending, leaving it to your imagination was good, but the scene was just to dramatic.  Could have done without the music and the stupid Meadow unable to park her car.

My favorite show, Justified, had the best ending.

Chase came out last year I believe and said what most thought. Tony was killed that's why the screen went black. That was my first initial thought when I watched it. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the ending

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Oh how I was attacked by the hivemind for saying Hurts would be in the MVP conversation this year. 

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/mvp-odds/

True. 

I gotta say, I didn’t know crow tasted so damn delicious. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong in my entire life. 

After week one, seeing zero progression, I was ready to pack it in. 

But these last two weeks have shown me everything I need to see. And when I say "everything”, I don’t mean actual everything. There’s still a lot of room for improvement, but what the last two weeks have shown is that he’s capable of improvement in those areas, which is the number one thing I wanted to see this season. Sure, I could nitpick a bunch of stuff, but I was never looking for perfection. I was looking for development. His arm somehow looks a little stronger, his deep ball is better and he’s not afraid to throw it, he’s making plays from the pocket. He’s exceeded my expectations these last two games. To a point where I’m comfortable moving forward with him. All I wanted to see was that he CAN do it. Will he continue this trend the whole season? Who knows? But now I’ve seen what he’s capable of and that’s good enough. 

I hope I’m wrong more often 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Disagree. It LOOKED* Like only Hurts and his legs could win a game like that cause he couldnt read the blitz.

Lots of QB's(wentz and Cousins) have carved up the Lions because they can read a defense

Imagine still trying to act like Wentz and Cousins are better QBs than Hurts. 

The great Wentz and Cousins both out up less points and yards against the Lions. 

My favorite Hurts stat:

Rushing yards from weeks 1-3: 90 ->57 -> 20.

I may be wrong about Hurts, but I'm right about running QBs.  Hurts has not been a "running QB" in weeks 2&3.

1 minute ago, blindside said:

True. 

I gotta say, I didn’t know crow tasted so damn delicious. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong in my entire life. 

After week one, seeing zero progression, I was ready to pack it in. 

But these last two weeks have shown me everything I need to see. And when I say "everything”, I don’t mean actual everything. There’s still a lot of room for improvement, but what the last two weeks have shown is that he’s capable of improvement in those areas, which is the number one thing I wanted to see this season. Sure, I could nitpick a bunch of stuff, but I was never looking for perfection. I was looking for development. His arm somehow looks a little stronger, his deep ball is better and he’s not afraid to throw it, he’s making plays from the pocket. He’s exceeded my expectations these last two games. To a point where I’m comfortable moving forward with him. All I wanted to see was that he CAN do it. Will he continue this trend the whole season? Who knows? But now I’ve seen what he’s capable of and that’s good enough. 

I hope I’m wrong more often 

Well said. 

2 minutes ago, mattwill said:

That punt was very interesting in person.  I would agree with you if it were a standard spiraling punt or even an end-over-end punt, but it wasn't either of those ... it was a knuckler.  I watched all the punts closely through the game and that one, because it was a knuckler, did not haved a clean trajectory.  it clearly moved from Covey's right to his left ... substantially.  If I were to criticize him on that punt, I would say that he should have let it bounce (ideally drifting to his right away from the actual landing spot of the ball) and roll into the end zone.

JMO

Tress Way is a left footed punter. I wonder if that came into play.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No it was not, there were legitimate concerns about him, and so far he seems to have overcome some issues.  Lets see it continue, lets see it when playing from behind, lets see it when you have to go score for score in a game.

And when his biggest fluffers are clearly trolling, and even got banned from the previous board for hating on our Super Bowl winning QB, the push back will be strong.

I’m not arguing that there weren’t legitimate concerns. I’m saying some of the criticism in here went over the top in degree.

People literally were ripping him for how much he squatted down while in shotgun, that it was affecting how he saw the defense. It was laughable.

People repeatedly called him a running back.

People said he hadn’t improved at all since entering the league. 

People said he was only a one-read QB (which in a broad sense I could agree with, but again it was overstated and he was improving in that area).

It was a matter of degree. He was improving but people couldn’t even acknowledge that. I fully understand people not expecting this kind of leap. I’m one of those people.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can't stand how often elite gets thrown around nowadays. Everything is so elite now that nothing is. 

This is an elite post by you

See the source image

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

See the source image

If you actually read my posts, instead of skimming and then formulating your attack response, you'd notice I constantly use qualifiers and rarely come to definitive conclusions.

Some people here just don't like it when their absolutest positions are challenged, on either side of arguments.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I liked BB the show, I thought the movie was terrible. Same with Soprano's that movie was god awful

Also love Succession. Righteous Gemstomes is dumb but funny. and I want to watch the Lakers show on HBO. 

Outside of HBO...

Mind Hunter on NEtflex, My GF likes Yellowstone and I like it for the most part, LOVED Peaky Blinders, Fargo, and Godfather of Harlem

As a Lakers fan, I'm hooked on Winning Times.

I've yet to watch El Camino. The Many Saints of Newark was a total bomb. I thought it was going to be about Tony as a kid and his upbringing in the mob. They barely showed any of that. That it was poorly put together 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Also for the crowd that decided to die on the hill that Lamar Jackson is awful this past offseason:

Look, man.. I gotta give you some credit on the Hurts thing. You were right, I was wrong. 

But let’s take it a little easy here.. 

We were basing on what we had seen, which was that Hurts was a running QB who struggled passing, and that Lamar was a better runner than Hurts and a far better passer. That was mainly the consensus in here. Lamar was a much more proficient passer throughout his college and NFL career. 

I don’t remember anyone (but the two or three Hurts hater trolls who were f-ing with you) say anything to the contrary. 

and let’s be fair, Hurts has only shown the world he’s a great passer for two weeks. He’s done a hell of a job, but let’s not act like it was an inevitability. 

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No it was not, there were legitimate concerns about him, and so far he seems to have overcome some issues.  Lets see it continue, lets see it when playing from behind, lets see it when you have to go score for score in a game.

And when his biggest fluffers are clearly trolling, and even got banned from the previous board for hating on our Super Bowl winning QB, the push back will be strong.

I think those on both sides could be accused of being over the top. But many weren't even willing to give him a chance. I for one had my doubts but always thought we needed to give him through this year before deciding to move on. Besides that we probably wouldn't have been able to make the other moves we made if we didn't give Hurts another year.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Also for the crowd that decided to die on the hill that Lamar Jackson is awful this past offseason:

Tua #1 in QBR, #2 in passer rating, second in passing yards, second in passing yards per game, 3rd in passing TD's, 4th in completion percentage.

Tua obviously the best QB in the NFL, as he is putting up these numbers for one of the only two undefeated teams.

13 minutes ago, mattwill said:

That punt was very interesting in person.  I would agree with you if it were a standard spiraling punt or even an end-over-end punt, but it wasn't either of those ... it was a knuckler.  I watched all the punts closely through the game and that one, because it was a knuckler, did not haved a clean trajectory.  it clearly moved from Covey's right to his left ... substantially.  If I were to criticize him on that punt, I would say that he should have let it bounce (ideally drifting to his right away from the actual landing spot of the ball) and roll into the end zone.

JMO

Umm...I wasn't actually being serious with that criticism.

30 minutes ago, Godfather said:

That's a ridiculous bonus -_-

It’s ridiculous that I have to make it a bonus but they can’t seem to put up 0 let alone 10

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

It’s ridiculous that I have to make it a bonus but they can’t seem to put up 0 let alone 10

Why did you choose 10? Factoring in a S or two?

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

I went with they score a td in the 2nd half. That's ridiculous they're having trouble doing that

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Why did you choose 10? Factoring in a S or two?

2 FG and 2 safeties

Dont make that my bet! Lol

4 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Another great half from Hurts and...another 2nd half performance from the team. Defense is getting the job done, but I still question this pass rush and look forward to see if they can actually continue this momentum vs the Jags. Trevor Lawrence was good at getting the ball out quick and dinked and dunked the ball down the field and Chargers couldnt get them off the field. I think this game will be their hardest game yet from start to finish. The Oline is going to need to have a nice game and give Hurts time. Devin Lloyd has looked pretty good so far. They can generate some pass rush with Walker and Allen. Also cant let Jags get going with their run game.

The Jags have competed in all of their games.  I suspect Doug will them well prepared for next Sunday.  

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yea he said he wanted it to be in his car going into the tunnel leaving the city, and it went black. 

I watched a couple episodes on my way to Hawaii a couple months back.

Top 3 show of all time

For sure

Archived