EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Was there ever an explanation as to why Smith was back there for the 2nd punt?  Did Covey get dinged?  Seemed very random.  I'm "fine" with him too unless there is a clear upgrade available or if someone else on the roster could be groomed such as Boston Scott.

Covey was getting the snot knocked out him all day, so being dinged wouldn’t have been surprising. That being said - let’s avoid putting Smitty out there for kamikaze duty.

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Covey was getting the snot knocked out him all day, so being dinged wouldn’t have been surprising. That being said - let’s avoid putting Smitty out there for kamikaze duty.

Agreed.  I don't think Covey even has snot to get knocked out.  It was comical the way he was getting hit and tossed around.

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Was there ever an explanation as to why Smith was back there for the 2nd punt?  Did Covey get dinged?  Seemed very random.  I'm "fine" with him too unless there is a clear upgrade available or if someone else on the roster could be groomed such as Boston Scott.

I assumed they were looking for a big play return since WAS was pinned back on their goalline punting. 

Benefit of the doubt, maybe Covey just has some adjusting to do with the speed of the NFL.  He does have make you miss moves, he's just getting absolutely pummeled back there.  He might just have to learn that he needs 5 yards of cushion to return rather than 2 that he had at Utah. 

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They wanted a spark. They were pinned pretty deep so Smith had a good shot at a return. It made sense to me.

Anyone watched the Monday night game with the Manning's? Thinking about doing that one tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Anyone watched the Monday night game with the Manning's? Thinking about doing that one tonight. 

It’s meh. I think they’re a couple of pretentious hicks 

Just now, Khani1 said:

Lawrence Taylor = Eddie Winslow

That bangs 15 yo hookers 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I would love to have them in an traditional broadcast booth.  It would instantly become the best broadcasting team with whatever play by play to stick them with.  But I hate the format of what they do on ESPN for MNF games.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I would love to have them in an traditional broadcast booth.  It would instantly become the best broadcasting team with whatever play by play to stick them with.  But I hate the format of what they do on ESPN for MNF games.  

What is it? I assumed it was just them calling the game from home and you couldn't tell the difference. 

4 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

It's a cool city. Lots of art museums and Aztec ruins. Plus the food is wildly good. Had 50 peso street tacos today that would blow your boobs off. Eating at a top-10ish restaurant in the world tonight. 

Plus at least 3 Eagles fans.

Subjective.  Don't get to excited. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

What is it? I assumed it was just them calling the game from home and you couldn't tell the difference. 

They are like sitting around in a living room or on their separate webcams just talking with each other and other guests they bring on throughout the night as the game is shown in like a corner of the screen with no sound.  

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

It's basically that. Only difference is it's more laid back and not as professional sounding as a real games call.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting to see this as routes and not pass attempts. That’s the first I’ve seen something like this. 

Reminds me of Hurts when asked about throwing over the middle last year saying something to the effect that he follows the playcall. That kinda backs it up as we couldn’t trust many of our WRs last year over the middle. Smith is tough but frail, Reagor was worthless, Quez isn’t a threat over the middle. That left basically Goedert. 

My one worry with the Giants if they keep winning is maybe they become that 2011 49ers team in Harbaugh's first year.  Team that was just bad for so long, new coach comes in and they start piling up some slim grind it out wins but then by the end of the year they have turned themselves into a great team.  

2 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

i can’t pull for dallas. f them

This. Plus I think regardless of the current record of the Giants Dallas is our biggest competitor. I want them dead and buried. 

Archived