EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

At this point, lots of 30 something fans, myself included, should be young enough to see the Giants as the most hated rival for the Eagles.

The Giants have had more success and have done more to hurt the Eagles in my recent memory than the Cowboys have.

As a 30 something fan, this is a true statement BUT for whatever reason I just can't get behind the sentiment. I hated watching those Giant SB wins, but they really weren't that hateable of a team as I wanted them to be IMO. Eli is a doofus who pulled a Foles in the SB against the evil empire, and their defense won with overly aggressive pass rush. Take away the division rivalry and that just a fun storyline. Coughin was a bit of a **** I suppose though. 

4 minutes ago, metal said:

Giants o-line is trash.

everyone in the nfc east has a bad or mediocre oline besides us. 

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

At this point, lots of 30 something fans, myself included, should be young enough to see the Giants as the most hated rival for the Eagles.

The Giants have had more success and have done more to hurt the Eagles in my recent memory than the Cowboys have.

I'm in my 30s and I say F the cowboys. I'll root for anyone over them.. Their annoying ass bandwagon fanbase bragging about rings from the last millennium pushes it over the top for me. 

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Giants have had more success...over 10 years ago, but the Eagles have owned the Giants the past 20 years.

2 minutes ago, metal said:

Jason Peters is in for Dallas

🤢

This should knock him out of the running for the Hall of Fame.,  (It won't, obviously, but it should.)

I hate to admit it but man I love when the Cowboys wear their blue uniforms.  Hate the organization but navy  blue/silver is such a great combo.

9 hours ago, NCiggles said:

If the universe is infinite, what is it expanding into? If the universe is finite, what is outside of the universe? 

8 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Great questions.  Both answers have implications.

Using the United States and the Louisiana Purchase as examples of the second question ... the universe as we know it is expanding into that that we don't currently know.  The limit is only our knowledge.

The first question is similarly bounded by our knowledge.  if the universe is truly infinite, our minds are incapable of knowing the universe, so the portion of the infinite universe that we know is expanding into the portion of the universe that we don't know.  Further, parts of the universe are not expanding, but rather contracting.

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm in my 30s and I say F the cowboys. I'll root for anyone over them.. Their annoying ass bandwagon fanbase bragging about rings from the last millennium pushes it over the top for me. 

Yup. The "Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers fan" crowd can all suck it. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude.  You should have kept that to yourself.  I think it looks like bloody puke.  

I know it's one of the most controversial things I've posted but again, I'm a uniform nut.  A good uniform combo is a good uniform combo.  Happy to admit that whatever the hell Washington is wearing now is by far one of the worst uniforms ever created.

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

This game sucks. I knew it would yet I’m still watching 

ScaryEnlightenedBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup. The "Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers fan" crowd can all suck it. 

Guy in my office is a Cowboys, Yankees, Sixers, Oregon fan.

8 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Thanks.  I agree with the block on the Goedert TD.  It may be my uneducated perspective, but I saw a few snaps where Allen or Payne were driving him into the backfield.  It may not be a failed rep, but compared to the stonewalling everywhere else on the line, it stands out.

It is worth noting that Seumalo was executing the "noise management" assignment, so he started almost every snap with his body turned over 90 degrees from front.

As nice as it'd be to see the NYG knocked back in the standings, I am utterly incapable of wanting Dallas to win.  I just can't do it.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I hate to admit it but man I love when the Cowboys wear their blue uniforms.  Hate the organization but navy  blue/silver is such a great combo.

The only great Dallas uniform is worn by their cheerleaders.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  No he’s not.  He’s the expert on Taco Bell.  Big difference.  I’ll make some Mexican this weekend, if it doesn’t rain all weekend.  

I was just busting balls, I know he's the taco bell guy. 

Went on a food tour around a couple of the markets here earlier today. Had a milk/lard/spice braised pork belly/cheek combo taco with house made salsa and tortillas that I'd kill a man for again. Between that and the mezcal I may leave here 30 pounds heavier. 

Archived