EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Winston is 13-13 with 51 TDs and 38 picks and an 86.9 rating over the same period.

We must have different definitions of worse.

I have no idea why people have this infatuation with Dalton. He is a terrible QB.

Winston with a broken back is probably worse with Dalton.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I have this as a let down game situation.  Every year the Eagles seem to drop one that they have no business losing.  Could this be the one this year?  I have a feeling it is.  And what better spot to drop the ball than against an AFC Opponent where it impacts tie breakers the least - if at all?   Eagles have a game on the road next week against one of last year's playoff teams, followed by a show down against the 'boys right before the bye.  Does Doug coming back to town do anything to motivate this group to play harder to beat their old coach?   I just don't see that as a major motivating factor.  How does the weather impact the game?  

We may lose, but this is not a let down spot. Too many Eagles played for Doug to mentally check out.

Now, at Arizona next week? Prime letdown spot if we win this week.

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jags are coming off a big win in LA over San Diego (yeah, I know what I said!).  Dougie P is returning to the location of his greatest triumph and also his greatest hardship.   Does the team bow up and show to the Eagles' brass that he's a good coach and play out of their minds for him?  

Eagles coming off another big emotional win against a division rival.  Lots of things in the press about them being a Super Bowl participant favorite now.  Do the Eagles start to read their own press?  

I have this as a let down game situation.  Every year the Eagles seem to drop one that they have no business losing.  Could this be the one this year?  I have a feeling it is.  And what better spot to drop the ball than against an AFC Opponent where it impacts tie breakers the least - if at all?   Eagles have a game on the road next week against one of last year's playoff teams, followed by a show down against the 'boys right before the bye.  Does Doug coming back to town do anything to motivate this group to play harder to beat their old coach?   I just don't see that as a major motivating factor.  How does the weather impact the game?  

I am concerned.  The ball isn't round.  The refs are human.

But I really think we have a better roster, especially the lines.  We've held on to the football.  It seems that the coaches have the team prepared.

It may look more like the Detroit game than the past two, but I believe we'll win this one.

40 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Beer can chicken is a no go for my family.  Wife hates the taste of beer and every time I try to slip it in (like my chili) she catches me and tells me how bad it is.  So, we just don't do that anymore.  

Sadly, I was planning on something on the smoker this weekend, but it will be a washout thanks to Ian.   Could be worse and I could be staring it down as a Cat 4/5.  I'll just get lots of rain, but it means no outside cooking this weekend.

No need for beer in the can.  Some recipes call for coke.  I probably will use some stock in a can on this one. 

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

We may lose, but this is not a let down spot. Too many Eagles played for Doug to mentally check out.

Plus you got the me factor in that game. The eagles have lost the last 4 games I’ve been to out here in Arizona. If you add them with the Phillies and 76ers games I’ve gone too it’s an impressive 17 winless streak. 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

I was thinking more along the lines of... its the Jags, they are always terrible.   Who'd have thought the Eagles would lay the egg they did against the Giants last year?  Division opponent, etc.  It happens.  

You might be right, there's a fair number of guys from Doug's tenure left.  I hope I'm wrong.  I hate when they have that brain fart game.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Plus you got the me factor in that game. The eagles have lost the last 4 games I’ve been to out here in Arizona. If you add them with the Phillies and 76ers games I’ve gone too it’s an impressive 17 winless streak. 

jesus man no more games for you lol

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

jesus man no more games for you lol

This is basically me every time i go to a Phillies dbacks game B1C3477A-FD9E-4857-960E-7974D4C66AEE.thumb.jpeg.e5a8b4a11519096e6c58d06d0f70ad81.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

giphy.gif

The amazing part is I’ve gone to La, San Diego and Philly and watched them. They’ve won when I’ve gone there. Only in Arizona all the Philly teams come and just lose when i go. This year i saw the Phillies get destroyed 12-3. Next day i was like nope I’m not going. They won 18-2

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The amazing part is I’ve gone to La, San Diego and Philly. They’ve won when I’ve gone there. Only in Arizona all the Philly teams come and just lose. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n5w223jlpk3jbs1f3q

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Third week in a row we have a Player of the Week.

Should have been DeVonta 

Saints' injury report will be interesting, because that's a lot of talent not playing. I hope they play injured Winston over healthy Dalton against that conservative Vikings D.

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jags are coming off a big win in LA over San Diego (yeah, I know what I said!).  Dougie P is returning to the location of his greatest triumph and also his greatest hardship.   Does the team bow up and show to the Eagles' brass that he's a good coach and play out of their minds for him?  

Eagles coming off another big emotional win against a division rival.  Lots of things in the press about them being a Super Bowl participant favorite now.  Do the Eagles start to read their own press?  

The jags are a different team without urban meyer, pederson has really brought a some fun back to that team.

Having said that I don't think they have as much fun this week.

While the chargers are good they were really banged up, the eagles are relatively healthy and playing really well so different challenge for the jags.

I don't think they take this jags team lightly, if the eagles some how lose I don't think it's because they over looked the jags.

Any team can win any week in the NFL and I think the eagles know that and will pay like they know that.

Lawrence will be the most athletic QB they've played to this point 

Goff and cousins are virtual statues and  Carson while still athletic has horrible pocket awareness. Lawrence can get out of the pocket and make things happen so will be a bit of a different challenge than they've faced in the last few weeks.

I don't see this as a let down game but agree if it is, being against an AFC opponent isnt the worst thing.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Should have been DeVonta 

I mean I guess he did have that pass break up on the over route that hurts threw behind him but one pass break up in my opinion isn't really worthy of defensive player of the week😉

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

The jags are a different team without urban meyer, pederson has really brought a some fun back to that team.

Having said that I don't think they have as much fun this week.

While the chargers are good they were really banged up, the eagles are relatively healthy and playing really well so different challenge for the jags.

I don't think they take this jags team lightly, if the eagles some how lose I don't think it's because they over looked the jags.

Any team can win any week in the NFL and I think the eagles know that and will pay like they know that.

Lawrence will be the most athletic QB they've played to this point 

Goff and cousins are virtual statues and  Carson while still athletic has horrible pocket awareness. Lawrence can get out of the pocket and make things happen so will be a bit of a different challenge than they've faced in the last few weeks.

I don't see this as a let down game but agree if it is, being against an AFC opponent isnt the worst thing.

not that it’s a big disadvantage but i think the jags traveling from Jacksonville to La to Jacksonville to Philly over the span of 10 days also doesn’t help them. That’s a lot of traveling 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s not your friend, guy

He’s not your guy, buddy 

Guest justrelax
24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I tend to agree. The Jags do two things really well: they're tough to run on and they protect the QB. We destroyed the Commode Doors with pressure up the middle, the biggest reason being that they didn't have guards or a center who could pass block. The Jags do, particularly with Brandon Scherff. He's up there with Zach Martin and Quentin Nelson. Two sacks allowed in three games is pretty damn good.

Very tough game.

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 21

Jags 20

Hurts runs for >70 yards.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

No one should be booing Doug on Sunday.

No reason to boo Doug.  Feb. 4, 2018... everyone associated with that should always get a Standing Ovation... even... *cough* Howie.   

interesting position change for Wilson. I don’t think it’s gonna workout well

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

not that it’s a big disadvantage but i think the jags traveling from Jacksonville to La to Jacksonville to Philly over the span of 10 days also doesn’t help them. That’s a lot of traveling 

Yup, jet lag is a thing.

Players often talk about how sleeping in their own beds is a plus 

It may not make a huge difference but it helps.

I expect the Philly crowd to be pretty raucous.

Dougie P is well liked in Philly of course after bringing home the trophy but in Sunday he's the enemy 

This game isn't pederson against Siri or Hurts against Lawrence it's Eagles vs Jags and I think Eagles have a better roster and are the better team.

Hopefully they come out and play like the better team, not to say Jags are trash because they've played well and have some good young pieces on O and D but I think eagles handle business on Sunday.

Archived