EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Really cooking down that fat is huge.  Ever make duck confit?  Extremely healthy process.   

I have not yet. Going to France next week, I will try it there I think!

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles have open roster spot and an open PS spot with Clark getting claimed.  Were there any noteworthy Tuesday workouts?

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Eagles have open roster spot and an open PS spot with Clark getting claimed.  Were there any noteworthy Tuesday workouts?

They could put Covey on the roster, as they can no longer elevate him.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Then he’s going to ask, why use beer and not water.  He wants to bake it in the oven.  Help him out chef.  Tell him to boil a pot of water first.  

It’s cooked in fat.  It’s amazing.  Have fun in France you Fing hippee.  Send pics of hairy armpits.  (Females). 

Southern France for a week. Paris for 4 days, then Prague for 3. 

And no weed the whole time. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

They could put Covey on the roster, as they can no longer elevate him.

Still 2 players they can add to the team in some capacity.  Don't think Covey is going to get claimed.

19 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Of course it is. However, science.

The internal temperature of the chicken at 'done' reaches 165 degrees.  The air around the chicken is far higher than that.  The air inside the cavity is also higher, though a little less due to the water in the can.  Once the water in the can reaches 212 F, it starts to boil, and maintains that temperature until the water leaves.  The alcohol in beer chicken boils off at a lower temperature and is gone into vapor sooner.   

The article posted misses some key elements.   

1 - the can sits directly on the grates.  Metal transfers heat extremely well.  The metal grates are touching the metal can and actually transfers heat to the beer can FASTER than the air does to the chicken (air is a very poor conductor of heat, which is why you can place your arm into a hot oven and won't get burned... but touching the metal racks causes an instant burn).   That's also why you get "charred" grill marks where the grates touch the meat, but no such marks on the areas that don't touch the grates.

2 - The lower almost half of the can is outside the chicken, meaning that it is exposed to the hotter air temps OUTSIDE the chicken versus just the inside temp of the chicken.  And once again, the metal can takes the heat very quickly.   It is slowed in getting hotter by the beer (mostly water) inside the can, because water has an exceedingly high heat capacity (amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of the water by 1 degree), but it does get in there faster than it does the chicken, as the chicken's interior is insulated by fat, whereas the beer can actually has an avenue for the heat to enter faster, not slower.

There are others.

I don't know who the expert is that is sited in this article, but there's some missing pieces to the science being introduced.  

The fissures in the locker room are starting to emerge.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Picked up a journeyman OT for the PS.  Good measurables coming out but has bounced around for years.  Clark clone.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The internal temperature of the chicken at 'done' reaches 165 degrees.  The air around the chicken is far higher than that.  The air inside the cavity is also higher, though a little less due to the water in the can.  Once the water in the can reaches 212 F, it starts to boil, and maintains that temperature until the water leaves.  The alcohol in beer chicken boils off at a lower temperature and is gone into vapor sooner.   

1 - the can sits directly on the grates.  Metal transfers heat extremely well.  The metal grates are touching the metal can and actually transfers heat to the beer can FASTER than the air does to the chicken (air is a very poor conductor of heat, which is why you can place your arm into a hot oven and won't get burned... but touching the metal racks causes an instant burn).   That's also why you get "charred" grill marks where the grates touch the meat, but no such marks on the areas that don't touch the grates.

2 - The lower almost half of the can is outside the chicken, meaning that it is exposed to the hotter air temps OUTSIDE the chicken versus just the inside temp of the chicken.  And once again, the metal can takes the heat very quickly.   It is slowed in getting hotter by the beer (mostly water) inside the can, because water has an exceedingly high heat capacity (amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of the water by 1 degree), but it does get in there faster than it does the chicken, as the chicken's interior is insulated by fat, whereas the beer can actually has an avenue for the heat to enter faster, not slower.

I don't know who the expert is that is sited in this article, but there's some missing pieces to the science being introduced.  

Look at Bill Nye over here!

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

It's an interesting point you make. If you want to flavor your chicken with beer (which makes me shudder) why not pour it into the pan the chicken bakes in? That'll get a lot hotter than the internal temperature of the chicken.

Far far better to pour madeira into the pan, along with some aromatics.

Both seem acceptable to me. 

and now im hungry

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wind isn’t the main concern.  Naples Fl is already started to get under water.  

Ah, so this might be more accurate?

Drowning GIFs | Tenor

Guest justrelax
23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I know, right.  But "baking” ….meh. 

86812DB6-133F-4BBB-838F-8CBABF8F59CD.jpeg

I hate to tell you this, but if you want to moisten or flavor what you're cooking with vapor, it has to be in a confined space. This is the WHOLE PRINCIPLE behind a smoker. Whaat you show here may be tasty but it's not what we've been talking about.

1 hour ago, RLC said:

No one should be booing Doug on Sunday.

Agreed. I blame Carson far more for the collapse than Doug.

55 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That guy has balls of steel.

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I thought about this the other day.  Someone like Mailata or Dickerson is going to end up dressing up as Batman in a costume that is much too small for them.   You know it’s coming.  

Whenever the convo of "what celebrity would you want to hang out with/barhop with/whatever" my answer is always Jason Kelce.

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There are others.

Holy hell, take this ish to another forum, Galloping Gour-ghey. :lol:

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lee County, between Ft Myers and Naples. The Eye is right off our coast now. 

@LeanMeanGM

LeanMeanGM 1 Ian 0

Bold prediction: Lots of rain

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hate to tell you, but no ish it’s not what we were talking about.  @TorontoEagle brought up "Spatchcock” cooking method in the oven and I responded with this what I did last spring.  

This pic has nothing to do with the beer can chicken conversation and your little vapor obsession.  Again…..yikes.  

So you threw it into the beer can convo, why?

Guest justrelax
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

OMG.  @TorontoEagle brought up Spatchcock chicken as a side topic.  Holy F. Go back and read.  People are allowed to have off-shoot conversations that don't stick to one topic.  You know that, right?  

Arachnid logic.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Olsilverpubes wife threw him through the one side and hpenis somehow lit the floor on fire when he stuck a candle in his ass so hard to tell 

What scent candle???

@LeanMeanGM

Hope you and your family stay safe!

Tough watching those live cams with the surge pouring in to Fort Meyers and Sanibel. That area was always fun to visit growing up.

Archived