EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is Docs

image.thumb.jpeg.0971a46924d360564d2bdb272b4187ab.jpeg

Storm surge went all the way up to Master Bait & Tackle. (Yes that’s the real name) 

That's crazy. Has the worst of the surge passed them? Some rumors are floating around that the Sanibel Lighthouse took a big hit.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of you in Florida stay safe. Also don’t try watching the Phillies they’ll make the situation worse. 

I guess there’s a chance there could be a lot of rain on Sunday? I think still tbd. Interesting to see how the Eagles game plan if there is,

On the practice squad we've lost OL Le'Raven Clark to the Titans and are working out OL Roderick Johnson to possibly replace Clark.

On the 53-man squad, we still have a vacancy. Question remains do we promote Covey to the 53 or do we elevate Devon Allen from the practice squad and see what he's got this week... (Doubt we're looking elsewhere for punt returns)

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not sure we should elevate Covey.  I’m not trying to downplay the PR spot.  But it’s not worth holding up a roster spot for a guy like Covey who has shown nothing.  I certainly don’t want us to trade for one.  

Yeah agree on all fronts. Hoping Allen gets his chance personally.

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Well there's the double posting @Doc S. was talking about lol

Thanks for that. Seems to have settled out.

Board quirky? Curious no one else experienced the issue at the time, or reported it anyway. That's why I asked originally.

@VaBeach_Eagle yo Brother, get off your recliner and hold some obscure sumb@tch accountable....:whistle:

Seriously tho, Laughing here, for a Publicly ( Us)  funded private Platform, it runs very well, little glitches are expected. 

Those doubles reset after a bit. Most interesting. 

55 minutes ago, Eagz said:

On the practice squad we've lost OL Le'Raven Clark to the Titans and are working out OL Roderick Johnson to possibly replace Clark.

On the 53-man squad, we still have a vacancy. Question remains do we promote Covey to the 53 or do we elevate Devon Allen from the practice squad and see what he's got this week... (Doubt we're looking elsewhere for punt returns)

We don’t run a 53 man squad anymore. The extra player is dead weight apparently.

3 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

I live in Central Florida - been down here for the better part of the past 19 years.   The worst Hurricane to hit this area since I’ve lived here was Charlie in 2004.  Completely devastated the area.  Two 60-70 foot oak trees fell over my place at the time and most people in the region lost power for several days…and if you’ve ever lost power for more than a day or two - then you would understand - it gets nasty.   Food goes stale, no air conditioning in 90+ degree ultra humid weather, you typically shouldn’t drink the tap water - no TV, no internet, no way to charge your phones etc etc etc.  It was a nightmare.

That was Charlie - very fast moving Hurricane that did most of its damage through wind.

Ian seems to have a combination of both wind damage (on the coasts) and a ton of rain 12-18 inches predicted in Central Florida.  The rain could end up causing more damage than the wind because of the flooding etc. 

Empathize.

Sandy kicked our doors in. Prep was in place in my world tho.... others nearby, not so much.

Generator, water stored, etc.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I guess there’s a chance there could be a lot of rain on Sunday? I think still tbd. Interesting to see how the Eagles game plan if there is,

Run the ball + throw to our big receivers (Brown, Goedert, Pascal).

16 minutes ago, devpool said:

Was mostly referring to sanders injury

That's fair.  I will say it seems as if we're very quick to give players rest so it's hard to read too much into the severity of anything on here yet though. 

8 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Pardon my nerding but you get vapor at even ambient temp. Especially from alcohol with has a lower vapor pressure and carries many soluble flavors. It doesnt need to boil to get to gas

smell an open beer. Can you smell it? Vapors and gas phase. 

Not sure why people feel the need to respond to facts with Laughing emojis...

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Looks like some pretty good rain expected in the Philly area for gametime...

:offtopic:

Had my smoker (antique Mr. Meat) out today to finally get the jalapeños (now chipotle) and some serranos done.  Pecan, of course.  As I was finishing up, I got to thinking about what I was going to do with the bone in pork chops I grabbed on sale at Giant this week.  A few weeks ago, I grabbed (on sale) these new salt free McCormick spice mixes.  Grabbed the Garlic and Herbs and used it like a rub, put the chops on the top rack of the smoker and stuck in my meat thermometer.  Started off with pecan. Flipped at thirty minutes. Finished with apple. Monitored the temperature like a hawk watching a mouse because it is so easy to dry out a thin chop.  I have grilled chops many times but this was the first time I tried smoking.  Anyone ever try smoking chops?  They tasted even better than they smelled.  BTW, the salt free herbs mix added a nice spice undertone to the smoke. 

7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

That's fair.  I will say it seems as if we're very quick to give players rest so it's hard to read too much into the severity of anything on here yet though. 

Definitely.

It's worth bypassing tomorrow's injury report and just waiting for Friday's. We've got six linemen on rest designation as it is so I expect the overall injury report to look sensible come weekend.

The three players I'll keep a closer eye on are Slay, Smith and Williams.

1 hour ago, Eagz said:

I think you leave that 53rd spot empty for now and elevate Devon Allen as returner for a few week trial like Covey got. When both are through with their trials, elevate one to the 53rd spot, or trade for someone better if neither of them earns it.

I also wouldnt mind seeing Allen run some go routes since Hurts is suddenly willing to throw down field and has been pretty accurate with it. 

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Only rookies smoke before eating. 

Vets know you smoke directly after to both enjoy the high and settle everything down. Getting high and the munchies and then eating just kills the high. 

War hero’s (like me) smoke before and after, of course

Never smoked, I only ever did gummies during chemo so I would get the munchies 

Helped tremendously!

8 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Definitely.

It's worth bypassing tomorrow's injury report and just waiting for Friday's. We've got six linemen on rest designation as it is so I expect the overall injury report to look sensible come weekend.

The three players I'll keep a closer eye on are Slay, Smith and Williams.

Dickerson has an injury history so I'm always a bit wary when he's on there.  

But overall the philosophy of this team seems to err heavily on the side of rest when it comes to maintaining their players through the season so far.

1 hour ago, Eagz said:

Yeah agree on all fronts. Hoping Allen gets his chance personally.

I don't think Allen has enough wiggle to be a punt returner. I wouldn't mind seeing it though. He'd probably be a better kick returner. Our special teams is no bueno.. the coverage unit is just yikes

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

Had my smoker (antique Mr. Meat) out today to finally get the jalapeños (now chipotle) and some serranos done.  Pecan, of course.  As I was finishing up, I got to thinking about what I was going to do with the bone in pork chops I grabbed on sale at Giant this week.  A few weeks ago, I grabbed (on sale) these new salt free McCormick spice mixes.  Grabbed the Garlic and Herbs and used it like a rub, put the chops on the top rack of the smoker and stuck in my meat thermometer.  Started off with pecan. Flipped at thirty minutes. Finished with apple. Monitored the temperature like a hawk watching a mouse because it is so easy to dry out a thin chop.  I have grilled chops many times but this was the first time I tried smoking.  Anyone ever try smoking chops?  They tasted even better than they smelled.  BTW, the salt free herbs mix added a nice spice undertone to the smoke. 

Bolded are key.

I enjoy McCormack's various blends. Still experimenting with various home-mixed dry rubs but McCormacks always seems to figure in somewhere. Like their offerings as a base or an additive to what I'm doing with nice Beef cuts.

Experimenting with citrus, surely been done before, but Fresh squeezed OJ and Lemon to add a little acid to the marinade, coupled with the spice package yields a nice overnight soak. Finding my way with amounts/ratios...

Archived