EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Wrong

He's holding the mirror up to your face but you're refusing to look.  Drowning in the Ls of the your takes this year.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

My friend, you really don’t understand a Texas accent when speaking Spanish. Eckies and Akees really don’t sound much alike. 

17 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

The dopes in the hamptons were enough…

marthas vineyard must be insufferable

The wine area on the north side of Long Island across the bay from the.Hamptons is a bit expensive but some good wines.  Son’s quasi brother in law (girlfriend/now housemate’s of a dozen years brother in law) is from Riverhead area.  In that area, the secret is to hang with the locals.  

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I have found that the key is having the right corn meal.  We swear by Bob's Red Mill

https://www.bobsredmill.com/corn-grits-polenta-organic.html

Having the right cheese is important.  Fine line between grits and polenta if you don’t have great cheese.

And for the record, my grits have more than just butter, cheese and fresh peppers are a must.

This thread has devolved into a buncha meat smokers and bougie crap beer drinkers. 

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This thread has devolved into a buncha meat smokers and bougie crap beer drinkers. 

As much as some of us disagree, we have pretty universally favored smoking meats and drinking the beverage of choice since Tommy raised his first PBR, with nods to the cannabis users.  Are you a teetoling vegan PETA member?

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Having the right cheese is important.  Fine line between grits and polenta if you don’t have great cheese.

And for the record, my grits have more than just butter, cheese and fresh peppers are a must.

What type of peppers and how do you chop them for that? (not going to assume diced fine)

31 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

My beer is not crap i can assure you

pounding natty bo for the games these days?

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

My son lives in Brewer's Hill in Baltimore.  Two blocks from the old Natty Boh brewery.

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

My son lives in Brewer's Hill in Baltimore.  Two blocks from the old Natty Boh brewery.

I probably know him

Doug Pederson has the Jags leading the AFC South and is the 2nd Seed in the AFC if the Playoffs started today.  Yes it's still very early but what a turnaround thus far.  He's already tied Urban 2 game total and is the 5th Winning Coach in Jags history.  Great Job Doug.   I want a standing ovation just like Donovan and Andy got when they came back to the Linc.   This Sunday will be very emotional.   But sorry Doug, you stand in the way of going 4-0 so the Birds gotta do what they gotta do.  

Super Bowl LII Memory Lane Tour

Week 1: Duce  - W

Week 2: Jordan Hicks - W

Week 3: Carson - W

Week 4: Doug - ??

Week 5: Zach Ertz - ??

Week 10: Carson again - ??

Week 11: Frank Reich and Nick Foles - ??

4 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Doug Pederson has the Jags leading the AFC South and is the 2nd Seed in the AFC if the Playoffs started today.  Yes it's still very early but what a turnaround thus far.  He's already tied Urban 2 game total and is the 5th Winning Coach in Jags history.  Great Job Doug.   I want a standing ovation just like Donovan and Andy got when they came back to the Linc.   This Sunday will be very emotional.   But sorry Doug, you stand in the way of going 4-0 so the Birds gotta do what they gotta do.  

Super Bowl LII Memory Lane Tour

Week 1: Duce  - W

Week 3: Carson - W

Week 4: Doug - ??

Week 5: Zach Ertz - ??

Week 10: Carson again - ??

Week 11: Frank Reich and Nick Foles - ??

How you gonna disrespect Jordan Hicks with the week 2 snub?

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

How you gonna disrespect Jordan Hicks with the week 2 snub?

Oh snap, your right. Forgot he was on the Vikings.  I just fixed it.  

18 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Your son should go up to Towson and meet my son and have a great Thai meal at his wife's and his restaurant ... Spice and Dice.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

As much as some of us disagree, we have pretty universally favored smoking meats and drinking the beverage of choice since Tommy raised his first PBR, with nods to the cannabis users.  Are you a teetoling vegan PETA member?

Hell no. I just don’t cook, I go out and pay for someone else to…smoke my meat?

52 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

F no. I just prefer a nice 1792 or Basil Hayden on the rocks. Or if going cheaper, Crown and Coke. To be honest, it’s the IPA nuts that drive me crazy. That ish is pigeon sweat, to quote Ted Lasso. 

39 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

@Outlaw eats his meat well done and washes it down with a Mikes Hard Lemonade. 

:lol: Medium tops for me. And I’ve tried Mike’s but that ish is nasty. I did try a couple of the Orange Hard Soda’s on Sunday and they weren’t too bad but quickly went back to my 1792. 

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

F no. I just prefer a nice 1792 or Basil Hayden on the rocks. Or if going cheaper, Crown and Coke. 

Crown Royal is just engine fluid mixed with sugar.  You’d be much better off going with Gibson’s Finest

image.jpeg.4b2df1b589ffcee925d3aafe474a7f75.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

:lol: Medium tops for me. And I’ve tried Mike’s but that ish is nasty. I did try a couple of the Orange Hard Soda’s on Sunday and they weren’t too bad but quickly went back to my 1792. 

Whatever you say Kirk Cousins. I'm on to you. :nonono:

12 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Crown Royal is just engine fluid mixed with sugar.  You’d be much better off going with Gibson’s Finest

Gibson’s certainly ain’t bad. I’ve got two bottles of 1792 left, then a bottle of Basil, and a bottle of Colonel EH Taylor. But when I go cheap, it’s typically Crown and Coke, or an old fashioned with Bulleit Rye. 

On 9/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

They were an expansion team in the 90's and hired Coughlin who was there for a decade or so. Since then, they've had Del Rio, then Gus Bradley and now Pederson. Must be someone else I'm forgetting because that would be 4, but you get the idea.

Yea I knew that it was just still crazy to me lol

38 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Please don’t ever disrespect crown ever again 

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

What type of peppers and how do you chop them for that? (not going to assume diced fine)

Jalapeños in my grits.  Seeded and diced.  Looking for the flavor not so much the heat.  (Think jalapeño cornbread type flavoring.). Wife will use a little bell instead on occasion but being a true east Texas gal, shrimp and buttered grits is her favorite way to eat grits.  

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Hell no. I just don’t cook, I go out and pay for someone else to…smoke my meat?

F no. I just prefer a nice 1792 or Basil Hayden on the rocks. Or if going cheaper, Crown and Coke. To be honest, it’s the IPA nuts that drive me crazy. That ish is pigeon sweat, to quote Ted Lasso. 

Coke with booze?  What are you? 16?  :nonono:  I haven’t had coke with my booze since I was 16, a half a century ago.  Now 1792 is smooth.  Both are tasty bourbons so you get a pass on that.

IPA was invented to hide the skunk in beer as it was shipped from England to India.

Don’t just smoke meats.  I have some partially dehydrated jalapeños (sun ripened first)ready to go on the smoker tomorrow with pecan as my smoke of choice.  Also have some serranos that I will smoke and grind.  Paprikas aren’t quite ready, probably mid October. They will be smoked and ground.  

Archived