EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

I haven't used the nfl app since last season I think. Man they ruined it. What app are you guys using to get stats? No idea why the actual nfl app would remove it. It's full of articles now

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Be safe. Maybe Ron can put you on a plane to Martha’s Vineyard. How’s your Spanish?

Too funny.

French colloquialisms are actually the go-to language, Drop a phrase, get a Movie Contract.

Semi  :offtopic: 🤒

I've been there during High Summer season (2015). Nice vacation, almost. Coupled in with a great trip thru Maine's Coast looking at serious boatbuilding Shops and Marinas dedicated to Preservation of Old World Sailing Vessels. Joel White's facility was mind-blowing...Wooden Boat School In Camden is Awesome. That's another story.

On the Island, Spent some time with the Hoi Poloi... They barely tolerate you. Bar scenes are exclusionary. Forgot my Ascot.

Got yelled at for walking on Carly's grass. It was dirt, mostly.

Don't dare try to look at Meryl's digs, instant arrest.

You can ferry in, eat, walk around,  and then you must leave on the next ferry.

Spend some bucks but leave right afterwards, No Thanks for coming, Thanks for leaving...

What a sweet lil Island....

"Mexican" Caretakers/Landscapers/Cleaning Crews ride in/out on each ferry.

Don't want them hanging around or living there, clean our sh!t and split!

Lovely little piece of Heaven.

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Probably a sacrilege to say, but I have to say... I'm not a fan of drinking wine.  Wine for cooking... sure, but when it comes time to drink it, I just don't like it.   Give me a nice malty beer instead.  Hmmm.... Bourbon barrel ale would have been another nice pairing.   Although, maybe I'd like a bourbon barrel red wine.

My sister-in-law brought me this beer for Sunday's Korean BBQ I made.   Did a bulgogi sauce for flanken ribs.  Very nice stout.  

These things are personal. No apologies, keep experimenting.

Meal sounds terrific...

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I haven't used the nfl app since last season I think. Man they ruined it. What app are you guys using to get stats? No idea why the actual nfl app would remove it. It's full of articles now

ESPN App doesn't suck for stats, most everything else tho...Open game review...

7 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Yup, even near the goal line we didn't have a quick option for him. I guess the thinking is that he can create time with his legs, so sending everyone out on routes creates a favorable matchup even with the defense sending pressure.

Seems counter productive and counter intuitive not not have hot routes and just expect hurts to beat the blitz with his legs.

History of the league has shown that's not a sustainable way to play, that to win in the playoffs and win Superbowls one needs to be able to win from the pocket, the coaches not even giving him hot route option in my opinion is just setting him up to fail.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

There is criticism, and there's also realism.  I tend not to sway so quickly and not get caught up in the sports radio/instant gratification business that is so prevalent in the current climate.  I was one of the few who was still thinking a wildcard was still in play last year, even when the team was 3-6.  The back half of the schedule last season was a cupcake.  That's what the first half of this season's schedule is.  

Hurts has done a very good job this season so far.  I thought he wasn't particularly good against DET, and has been really good/excellent against MIN and WAS.  I'm approaching this season in 6-game segments so as to not get too high or too low.  He's halfway through the first segment of the schedule and all is trending upward -- 3-0 record, showing prowess with his arm as much or more than his legs.  All good stuff -- but it's been against the 24th, 25th, and 31st ranked defenses of the past season.

As luck would have it the 6th game this season will be hosting DAL; a team with a strong defense who has bested Hurts twice already.  The first step in being a contender is winning the division.  The Eagles need to beat Dallas, also Hurts needs to play well against them.  I have high hopes we can see 300+ pass yards and a win against the Turds in Week 6.   

Criticism of Hurts skills and or limitations is fair.

It was the silly statements about him being selfish and mocking statements about his work ethic that came across as a parody if I didn’t know who the posters were. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Probably a sacrilege to say, but I have to say... I'm not a fan of drinking wine.  Wine for cooking... sure, but when it comes time to drink it, I just don't like it.   Give me a nice malty beer instead.  Hmmm.... Bourbon barrel ale would have been another nice pairing.   Although, maybe I'd like a bourbon barrel red wine.

My sister-in-law brought me this beer for Sunday's Korean BBQ I made.   Did a bulgogi sauce for flanken ribs.  Very nice stout.  

Damn, send some of that bulgogi my way.    

Beer is much different from when I was young.  We didn’t have craft breweries. It was Pearl on cheap beer night, Lone Star so you could hold the neck while two stepping and not get the beer hot, Shiner because it was cheap.  Imports were Heineken and Carlsburg.  Mexican piss, Corona, high class Mexican when out for Mexican food, Dos Equis (pronounced Eckies by Texans).  Stout was well skunked Guinness that my girlfriend, whose father worked for What is now British Airways, drank.  

19 minutes ago, 2x2x2x said:

Criticism of Hurts skills and or limitations is fair.

It was the silly statements about him being selfish and mocking statements about his work ethic that came across as a parody if I didn’t know who the posters were. 

You don’t understand anything about it

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Damn, send some of that bulgogi my way.    

Beer is much different from when I was young.  We didn’t have craft breweries. It was Pearl on cheap beer night, Lone Star so you could hold the neck while two stepping and not get the beer hot, Shiner because it was cheap.  Imports were Heineken and Carlsburg.  Mexican piss, Corona, high class Mexican when out for Mexican food, Dos Equis (pronounced Eckies by Texans).  Stout was well skunked Guinness that my girlfriend, whose father worked for What is now British Airways, drank.  

I didn't actually start drinking beer until I was in my late 20s.  That's when I was introduced to the craft beers.  I found that I hate hops.  I enjoy the malty flavors.  I haven't dipped my toe into the bourbon scene yet, but I really enjoy bourbon barrel ales.  So, maybe I'd really enjoy bourbon as well.

13 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You don’t understand anything about it

Sounds like he understands perfectly.  

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don’t know if they have an app but pro football reference has everything you need without annoying videos or other ads that slow up everything to a screeching halt. NFL is worse than Walterfootball 

23 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I didn't actually start drinking beer until I was in my late 20s.  That's when I was introduced to the craft beers.  I found that I hate hops.  I enjoy the malty flavors.  I haven't dipped my toe into the bourbon scene yet, but I really enjoy bourbon barrel ales.  So, maybe I'd really enjoy bourbon as well.

We have so much to teach you…

you would probably like real German oktoberfest marzens

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

We have so much to teach you…

you would probably like real German oktoberfest marzens

I do enjoy the German beers.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t know if they have an app but pro football reference has everything you need without annoying videos or other ads that slow up everything to a screeching halt. NFL is worse than Walterfootball 

Pro football reference is amazing and it’s free, which is amazing too

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I do enjoy the German beers.  

German beers have so so many lovely types. They are real master brewers. Last time i was at a brewery in Germany none of my credit cards would work so the bartender and i wandered the town looking for an atm to get some euros to pay my tab. Man we got so hammered at the local bars by the time we found one…

Guest justrelax

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:offtopic:

I made Italian braised short ribs and polenta for dinner tonight.   First time I ever made it...

I will be making this a regular part of the meal rotation.   :drool:

Tell me about the polenta.Seriously. I make a great risotto but my polenta sucks.

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Too funny.

French colloquialisms are actually the go-to language, Drop a phrase, get a Movie Contract.

Semi  :offtopic: 🤒

I've been there during High Summer season (2015). Nice vacation, almost. Coupled in with a great trip thru Maine's Coast looking at serious boatbuilding Shops and Marinas dedicated to Preservation of Old World Sailing Vessels. Joel White's facility was mind-blowing...Wooden Boat School In Camden is Awesome. That's another story.

On the Island, Spent some time with the Hoi Poloi... They barely tolerate you. Bar scenes are exclusionary. Forgot my Ascot.

Got yelled at for walking on Carly's grass. It was dirt, mostly.

Don't dare try to look at Meryl's digs, instant arrest.

You can ferry in, eat, walk around,  and then you must leave on the next ferry.

Spend some bucks but leave right afterwards, No Thanks for coming, Thanks for leaving...

What a sweet lil Island....

"Mexican" Caretakers/Landscapers/Cleaning Crews ride in/out on each ferry.

Don't want them hanging around or living there, clean our sh!t and split!

Lovely little piece of Heaven.

Damn, and the wife wants to go there.

Just now, BigEFly said:

Damn, and the wife wants to go there.

The dopes in the hamptons were enough…

marthas vineyard must be insufferable

32 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Pretty sure that is how it is pronounced by Mexicans as well. 

My friend, you really don’t understand a Texas accent when speaking Spanish. Eckies and Akees really don’t sound much alike. 

Archived