EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What's the hidden agenda? That Covey offers nothing to this team and represents the biggest weakness currently on the roster? 

Yeah, not even close to that. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not really a position of development.  He has shown no upside as a returner. It was the biggest whiff of the offseason to not being in a capable returner and a major miss to not pick up anyone or make a move after final roster cut downs. 

We have among the worst average starting field position in the elqgue in large part because we have dreadful kick and punt returners.

Kick returns have been neutered league wide

And a guy who breaks down ST @FranklinFldEBUpper gave pretty good explanations on the punt returns so far. But you choose to ignore that, for some reason

18 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Well people aren't "big" on him, they're just willing to give him time to see if he can develop into something. You should know all about that. 

Was just thinking that. Sure is a tight rope he walks. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

And a guy who breaks down ST @FranklinFldEBUpper gave pretty good explanations on the punt returns so far. But you choose to ignore that, for some reason

Quez Watkins ranks dead last in kick return average, am I racist for stating that fact ??

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Teams are actively kicking the ball down inside the 20 and not into the endzone as to force a return from us because Quez is so hesitant to catch the ball and go full speed into a kick coverage team coming at him.  It's an issue. 

Our special teams are bad.  We have no one at kick return or punt return that can give us anything.  We are among the worst in the league at kick and punt return. 

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

So instead you turn on an over 350-400 degrees in an already warm house. No thanks lol. 

Yes, we have a hot summer here. I think it was 40 days over 90 and the humidity is obnoxious. But I put my grills in shade. and go back inside. 4CF13B94-CB51-4369-820A-42795ABA1CB9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.17aebc3bb42df6b4c34bc98363338e7a.jpeg

No place to put a grill or smoker in the shade without screwing up the aesthetics of the garden design ... form over function.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He was getting reps early in camp and he was looking horrible in them so bad that the coaches eventually found more value in giving his reps to the backups instead. 

There is no huge conspiracy against Carson Strong.  He just flat out is not good enough. He got his chance as an undrafted free agent and flamed out terribly with it and is now out of the league entirely.  A league that is desperate for QBs. 

Who says he was looking horrible???

Like I said he looked fine to me in the video of practiced that was released.

He didn't get his chances, in fact he got very little chances, why not give him a quarter or a couple possessions In a pre season game???

Siri said that minshew needed reps? Why dues minshew need reps??? If minshew needs extended reps than wouldn't that also apply for hurts???

Why give Sinnett who actually proved on game the field In front of everybody that he sucks why give that dude multiple chances and reps but not guve Strong and pre season time.

If he sucks so bad and he's not getting practice reps or pre season reps why wait til final cuts to cut him why not just cut him right away???

Like I said you can Parrott all the things that the team has already said which isn't really anything at all or you can like most of us put two and two together and see that something doesnt add up 

Multiple beat reported wrote articles about strong after being cut, with titles like, the curious case of Carson strong and they were all just as miffed as the rest of us not named you.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Strong.

He had nothing but good things to say about the eagles after they released him.

He did say he believes he can still play, which to me would suggest teams think he cannot, not because of lack of talent but more than likely lack of knee stability and a bleak prognosis going forward.

Teams take multiple chances on qbs with worse arm talent than Strong all the time, what they dont take chances on are players with debilitating chronic Injuries.

I doubt another team gives him a chance unless some medical miracle comes by within the year that fixes his knee, good for him though he got paid pretty well for chucking a few passes in a red jersey and sitting on a bench during games.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Who says he was looking horrible???

Like I said he looked fine to me in the video of practiced that was released.

He didn't get his chances, in fact he got very little chances, why not give him a quarter or a couple possessions In a pre season game???

Siri said that minshew needed reps? Why dues minshew need reps??? If minshew needs extended reps than wouldn't that also apply for hurts???

Why give Sinnett who actually proved on game the field In front of everybody that he sucks why give that dude multiple chances and reps but not guve Strong and pre season time.

If he sucks so bad and he's not getting practice reps or pre season reps why wait til final cuts to cut him why not just cut him right away???

Like I said you can Parrott all the things that the team has already said which isn't really anything at all or you can like most of us put two and two together and see that something doesnt add up 

Multiple beat reported wrote articles about strong after being cut, with titles like, the curious case of Carson strong and they were all just as miffed as the rest of us not named you.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy against Strong.

He had nothing but good things to say about the eagles after they released him.

He did say he believes he can still play, which to me would suggest teams think he cannot, not because of lack of talent but more than likely lack of knee stability and a bleak prognosis going forward.

Teams take multiple chances on qbs with worse arm talent than Strong all the time, what they dont take chances on are players with debilitating chronic Injuries.

I doubt another team gives him a chance unless some medical miracle comes by within the year that fixes his knee, good for him though he got paid pretty well for chucking a few passes in a red jersey and sitting on a bench during games.

All of the best writers throughout camp were saying that Carson Strong was clearly the worst QB on the roster and was not looking good. 

Minshew needed reps because he's the primary backup and would actually play this season if Hurts got injured.  He also struggled in camp so preseason play would gave him more opportunity to right the ship and get back to his usual standard of play. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  He interviewed very poorly with teams and went undrafted as a result along with his glass knee.  At the end of the day if he was seen as worthwhile then some team would have him on their practice squad but he isn't. He just isn't good enough to play at this level.

2 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I had it confused. Washington gained 390 against jax, we gave up 240 to them. 

And of the 240 the last 67 was Washington's garbage time drive.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being LeanMean and living through a direct hit of Hurricane Ian and seeing all of you tagging him today.  You have until Sunday FFS.  

The tags just sit quietly doing nothing until he decides to look at them.  You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Teams are actively kicking the ball down inside the 20 and not into the endzone as to force a return from us because Quez is so hesitant to catch the ball and go full speed into a kick coverage team coming at him.  It's an issue. 

Our special teams are bad.  We have no one at kick return or punt return that can give us anything.  We are among the worst in the league at kick and punt return. 

Yes special " teams" are bad, key word teams.

Covey is currently 21st out of 24 PR with a 6.1 ave  oddly reagor is 20th at 6.4.

Covey has a long of 12 and one muff he was able to recover.

Having said that the PR unit as a whole has been atrocious, most Long PRs arent due to a PR breaking 10 tackles and making a bunch of guys miss, a lot of it comes to good blocking.

Covey has zero blocking against Wash.

Having said that it's easy to whine about how back the PR has been without coming up with any solutions.

Your two solutions have been Greg ward, who was awful at PR and Desean Jackson who another poster showed has averaged about 5 yards/return over the last decade, which if Im matching correctly is actually lower than 6.😒

Covey other than the one muff where the wind got ahold of it has been fine, he made a great fair catch where his own guy ran into him has judged when ti field it and when to let it bounce, until you or anyonf else offers Anybody else that could do better, covey is it for now.

As for Watkins at KR, that's on the coaches, there is zero reason Watkins should be back there returning kicks, not to mention the return team as a whole has been pretty bad.

NFL needs to adopt the way the XFL was doing kick  offs and returns, as KR as of now in the NFL is just a formality.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

If people are too dumb to follow the rules and tag @LeanMeanGM they should miss out.

Go sit in the corner and suck moldy toenail clippings ... 😇

45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

How could he have been horrible in camp if he never got any reps???

The video that was released after he was cut he looked fine to me and plenty of others said as much.

As for reports that he didn't interview well, it's all conjecture.

As for stats against awful competition.?

Plenty of NFL qbs from small colleges have done well in nfl where as plenty of qbs from so called big colleges have flamed out in the pros.

The whole situation was and is super bizarre.

Why not give the dude a chance in pre season. To prove he sucks, eagles didn't even give him that.

Like I said the whole thing was bizarre and sans some weird conspiracy theory that he slept with Siris wife or something of the sort the most likely explanation that makes the most sense is that his knee is shredded and not getting better.

Maybe try to put aside your hurts slurping for just a minute and consider that what ever happened with Strong was definitely out of the norm and is mysteriously unexplained.

I think the reports were mixed on him and the concern was really his knee.  The Eagles gave him a sizeable UDFA bonus.  I am sure they would have kept him if they thought he had more potential.  

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

So instead you turn on an over 350-400 degrees in an already warm house. No thanks lol. 

Yes, we have a hot summer here. I think it was 40 days over 90 and the humidity is obnoxious. But I put my grills in shade. and go back inside. 

The house is 25 degrees cooler than the outside.

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes special " teams" are bad, key word teams.

Covey is currently 21st out of 24 PR with a 6.1 ave  oddly reagor is 20th at 6.4.

Covey has a long of 12 and one muff he was able to recover.

Having said that the PR unit as a whole has been atrocious, most Long PRs arent due to a PR breaking 10 tackles and making a bunch of guys miss, a lot of it comes to good blocking.

Covey has zero blocking against Wash.

Having said that it's easy to whine about how back the PR has been without coming up with any solutions.

Your two solutions have been Greg ward, who was awful at PR and Desean Jackson who another poster showed has averaged about 5 yards/return over the last decade, which if Im matching correctly is actually lower than 6.😒

Covey other than the one muff where the wind got ahold of it has been fine, he made a great fair catch where his own guy ran into him has judged when ti field it and when to let it bounce, until you or anyonf else offers Anybody else that could do better, covey is it for now.

As for Watkins at KR, that's on the coaches, there is zero reason Watkins should be back there returning kicks, not to mention the return team as a whole has been pretty bad.

NFL needs to adopt the way the XFL was doing kick  offs and returns, as KR as of now in the NFL is just a formality.

Covey hasn't been fine.  He's been among the worst in the league.  It's the biggest failure for Roseman this offseason is not bringing in anyone who can be a decent kick/punt returner. 

Just now, mattwill said:

The house is 25 degrees cooler than the outside.

Bacarty has shown he doesn't really understand how temperature works. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Covey hasn't been fine.  He's been among the worst in the league.  It's the biggest failure for Roseman this offseason is not bringing in anyone who can be a decent kick/punt returner. 

Quez Watkins is dead last in kick returns, but that is OK because........................................

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Bacarty has shown he doesn't really understand how temperature works. 

Kind of like @jsb235 doesn't know how math works?

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

All of the best writers throughout camp were saying that Carson Strong was clearly the worst QB on the roster and was not looking good. 

Minshew needed reps because he's the primary backup and would actually play this season if Hurts got injured.  He also struggled in camp so preseason play would gave him more opportunity to right the ship and get back to his usual standard of play. 

There is no league wide conspiracy against Strong.  He interviewed very poorly with teams and went undrafted as a result along with his glass knee.  At the end of the day if he was seen as worthwhile then some team would have him on their practice squad but he isn't. He just isn't good enough to play at this level.

Yes and every single one of those same beat writes that you keep mentioning to try and make your case also wrote that the handling of Carson strong was bizarre.

Hurts struggled in camp as well why not give him more reps???

If minshew needed the reps because he struggled In camo than couldn't the same be said for strong who also struggled in camp???

What's your excuse for sinnett sucking and getting reps over string.

Sinnett was atrocious, why not chuck strong in and give him some reps and at least see if he can play in a game setting.

More than likely because the eagles didn't want to risk his glass knee exploding on the field then having to have an injury settlement on top of his already guaranteed money.

Whats weird is how Carson Strong is no longer on the team even in the NFL is clearly zero threat to your boy toy hurts yet you still feel the need to bring Strong down a peg and ignore the oddity of the Strong situation to prop up hurts.

I don't know what happened with Strong, and unless you are Howie or another eagle employee close to the situation either do you.

The majority would agree that the situation was handled poorly and was very bizarre.

The one thing we do know is that Strong has a chronic knee condition that  dropped him out of the draft all together and most likely led to him not being in the NFL.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Pray tell, what is he supposed to do when the defenders are within 2 yards every other time he catches the ball? He's only muffed one, on a fantastic punt. He's caught every other one cleanly despite even getting bumped a couple of times during the catch.

He can definitely improve but he isn't the sole reason the return game sucks. It's also only been 3 games. God forbid anyone else is allowed 3 seasons to develop into something 

Archived