EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

I was on the Strong Bandwagon for sure and why wouldn't I be, the dude had great college stats, had a big arm and many had him being drafted, some in the first round.

He was considered a huge get by many as a UDFA, so what happened???

Nobody including you knows, it's a mystery, eagles gave him limited practice snaps and a couple meaningless garbage time pre season snaps.

After he was cut a video emerges of him in a practice throwing darts all over the field🤷‍♂️

Rumors persist that maybe he had a bad attitude, his response to the eagles after being cut suggest otherwise.

He's currently a free agent, so how does a guy with really good college production really good arm talent, stay a FA.

One could say well it's obvious he sucks, yet seeing as we haven't seen him play in a real game how can we know he sucks, I've seen qbs with far worse talent and college productio get snaps in pre season and do far worse and get signed by other teams.

So what gives with Strong??? Most likely explanation is his knee.

Teams don't want to put resources, time, money,  Into a player with a degenerative knee that will force him out of the league in a couple years.

That's really the most likely explanation that makes a reasonable amount of sense.

If that's not the case then I'd sure like to hear from the eagles why they gave him a huge signing bonus then never let him play then cut him with...🤷‍♂️

All the reports were he was absolutely terrible in camp and very clearly the worst QB out there in camp.  Reports coming out of draft were that he had really bad interviews with teams as well.  

Good stats against awful competition in college doesn't mean much for the NFL. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Again you resort to racism, but are too cowardly to say it proper. You're a real piece of ish.

Covey had ONE drop so far, on a punt that was knuckling away from him, kicked by arguably the best punter in the league. That ish happens. Nice attempt at a false narrative though, racist

You're on a fast track to going on ignore.  Develop some maturity. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Again you resort to racism, but are too cowardly to say it proper. You're a real piece of ish.

Covey had ONE drop so far, on a punt that was knuckling away from him, kicked by arguably the best punter in the league. That ish happens. Nice attempt at a false narrative though, racist

I didn't know until now RTK works as a parking lot attendant at the Linc.  No wonder Covey had to park with the tailgaters.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile Covey can't be depended to catch it when he attempts which opens up to very costly turnovers. 

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is. 

Covey had one muff. One. He also has only played in three games. Three. His sample size is not close to Ward’s. Ward had a plenty big enough sample size to show a lack of confidence in just catching the ball. Can’t muff it if you’re too scared to be anywhere near the ball while in flight. 

Your obvious hidden agenda fails once again. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're on a fast track to going on ignore.  Develop some maturity. 

Why's that? Because I call you out on your cowardly racism, racist? 

1 hour ago, Know Life said:

Thank you. I survived, but had a few close calls with broken tree limbs and flying debris. Thankful it wasn’t worse.  I hope all is well with you, man. 🙏

Glad to hear you are OK.  It looked pretty bad on the news.  

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Covey had one muff. One. He also has only played in three games. Three. His sample size is not close to Ward’s. Ward had a plenty big enough sample size to show a lack of confidence in just catching the ball. Can’t muff it if you’re too scared to be anywhere near the ball while in flight. 

Your obvious hidden agenda fails once again. 

What's the hidden agenda? That Covey offers nothing to this team and represents the biggest weakness currently on the roster? 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I know you’re not far from Venice. Any idea how bad it was hit there?

I don't have a lot of info on Venice, but when Ian shifted further south, they avoided a direct hit, too. However, they got it a little worse than we did. The winds topped out at close to 90 here, so it would’ve been worse for Venice, I assume.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

What's the hidden agenda? That Covey offers nothing to this team and represents the biggest weakness currently on the roster? 

Spell it out clearly for us, like a mature adult would. Why do you think people are "defending" Covey? 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Why's that? Because I call you out on your cowardly racism, racist? 

You lack any hints of maturity and just like the people you're desperately trying to impress and get the affection of you're incapable of just discussing football and instead get obsessive over me. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

You lack any hints of maturity and just like the people you're desperately trying to impress and get the affection of you're incapable of just discussing football and instead get obsessive over me. 

Wrong

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile Covey can't be depended to catch it when he attempts which opens up to very costly turnovers. 

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is

I like him for the same reason I like Cooper Kupp, Adam Thielen, Hunter Renfrow, Kyle Phillips, Dax Milne, David Sills, Andy Isabella, Scotty Miller, Cole Beasley, Braxton Berrios, Jake Kumerow, and Alec Pierce.

They're just so damn dreamy... :wub:

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is. 

I have not heard anything other than the return game needs to get better.  The question is whether some of it is due to blocking vs. Covey.  Covey has shown some shiftiness but I don't think it looks like he is going to break a return anytime soon.   He only has 5 of the 7 habits to make him effective.  He did have one muff but I feel better about him than I did about Reagor.  He reminds me of Reno Mahe but with a smaller build.  

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Spell it out clearly for us, like a mature adult would. Why do you think people are "defending" Covey? 

I have no idea, that's why I said I wonder why people here are so big on such a terrible ineffective player who hasn't flashed anything in preseason or regular season.  It's very perplexing. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I have no idea, that's why I said I wonder why people here are so big on such a terrible ineffective player who hasn't flashed anything in preseason or regular season.  It's very perplexing. 

Well people aren't "big" on him, they're just willing to give him time to see if he can develop into something. You should know all about that. 

16 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I know you’re not far from Venice. Any idea how bad it was hit there?

It’s looked better…

83C6A6C5-68D2-4C1D-AF29-0C11AB2A13E5.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I like him for the same reason I like Cooper Kupp, Adam Thielen, Hunter Renfrow, Kyle Phillips, Dax Milne, David Sills, Andy Isabella, Scotty Miller, Cole Beasley, Braxton Berrios, Jake Kumerow, and Alec Pierce.

They're just so damn dreamy... :wub:

Alec got like 60 yards last weekend. Dameon Pierce did well too.  Franklin Pierce is a bust.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I know we have football Sunday, but my first thought was Phillies in Washinton Friday(cold and raining) saturday (cold and rainiy) Sunday, Cold and rainy 

Those OK fighting conditions? 

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

All the reports were he was absolutely terrible in camp and very clearly the worst QB out there in camp.  Reports coming out of draft were that he had really bad interviews with teams as well.  

Good stats against awful competition in college doesn't mean much for the NFL. 

How could he have been horrible in camp if he never got any reps???

The video that was released after he was cut he looked fine to me and plenty of others said as much.

As for reports that he didn't interview well, it's all conjecture.

As for stats against awful competition.?

Plenty of NFL qbs from small colleges have done well in nfl where as plenty of qbs from so called big colleges have flamed out in the pros.

The whole situation was and is super bizarre.

Why not give the dude a chance in pre season. To prove he sucks, eagles didn't even give him that.

Like I said the whole thing was bizarre and sans some weird conspiracy theory that he slept with Siris wife or something of the sort the most likely explanation that makes the most sense is that his knee is shredded and not getting better.

Maybe try to put aside your hurts slurping for just a minute and consider that what ever happened with Strong was definitely out of the norm and is mysteriously unexplained.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Well people aren't "big" on him, they're just willing to give him time to see if he can develop into something. You should know all about that. 

Not really a position of development.  He has shown no upside as a returner. It was the biggest whiff of the offseason to not being in a capable returner and a major miss to not pick up anyone or make a move after final roster cut downs. 

We have among the worst average starting field position in the elqgue in large part because we have dreadful kick and punt returners.

29 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Gets called out for race baiting, says he does not race bait, proceeds to continue race baiting.

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

RTK hates white people confirmed??

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

How could he have been horrible in camp if he never got any reps???

The video that was released after he was cut he looked fine to me and plenty of others said as much.

As for reports that he didn't interview well, it's all conjecture.

As for stats against awful competition.?

Plenty of NFL qbs from small colleges have done well in nfl where as plenty of qbs from so called big colleges have flamed out in the pros.

The whole situation was and is super bizarre.

Why not give the dude a chance in pre season. To prove he sucks, eagles didn't even give him that.

Like I said the whole thing was bizarre and sans some weird conspiracy theory that he slept with Siris wife or something of the sort the most likely explanation that makes the most sense is that his knee is shredded and not getting better.

Maybe try to put aside your hurts slurping for just a minute and consider that what ever happened with Strong was definitely out of the norm and is mysteriously unexplained.

He was getting reps early in camp and he was looking horrible in them so bad that the coaches eventually found more value in giving his reps to the backups instead. 

There is no huge conspiracy against Carson Strong.  He just flat out is not good enough. He got his chance as an undrafted free agent and flamed out terribly with it and is now out of the league entirely.  A league that is desperate for QBs. 

13 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

It’s looked better…

83C6A6C5-68D2-4C1D-AF29-0C11AB2A13E5.jpeg

Damn. I know exactly where that is. Less than a mile as the crow flies from my mom’s place. 

Archived