EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being LeanMean and living through a direct hit of Hurricane Ian and seeing all of you tagging him today.  You have until Sunday FFS.  

Whether we tag him today or Sunday it won't make a difference unless he is actively checking the site lol

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Power is in and out. Internet down but cell towers still on. Worst is yet to come unfortunately, but thanks. Hope all known Florida Eagle fans like @Know Life and @Captain F are doing good. 

Thank you. I survived, but had a few close calls with broken tree limbs and flying debris. Thankful it wasn’t worse.  I hope all is well with you, man. 🙏

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Whether we tag him today or Sunday it won't make a difference unless he is actively checking the site lol

If he is smart, he put a generator and his laptop on a kayak and he is floating somewhere checking for score predictions.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If he is smart, he put a generator and his laptop on a kayak and he is floating somewhere checking for score predictions.

Pretty sure this is him.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No...really.  I'd wait.  

Where are you in florida?

Sarasota. Early on, Ian’s path was showing a direct it here, but thankfully for me (yet sadly, worse for others), it shifted south. 

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ward is not explosive. Never was. Covey hasnt been explosive in the NFL yet, but is fast and has had explosive plays in college which was only just last season for him.

Give him a little time, more than 3 games in his career. Ward on the other hand, had a lot of time. Didnt develop, and never really had any upside to expect development. 

They are obviously different players. Not really comparable.

Covey is quick, 4.09 shuttle and a 6.73 three cone.  But 4.5 forty suggests pretty average speed in the NFL, certainly below average for a player of his size. 

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine being LeanMean and living through a direct hit of Hurricane Ian and seeing all of you tagging him today.  You have until Sunday FFS.  

He gets notifications whenever he logs on. Doesn't really make a difference now vs later, he can always check em later on.  Nor do I think anyone would really care if he never gets around to it.  

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We have him.  Twice over.  

I was wondering what was going to happen that Sanibel and Captiva.  

They took it straight on. It destroyed the Causeway in a few places so they are screwed and I can't imagine what the islands themselves look like. A local channel said it was a geographical changer.

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

He gets notifications whenever he logs on. Doesn't really make a difference now vs later, he can always check em later on.  Nor do I think anyone would really care if he never gets around to it.  

We might care a little bit. That likely means he died.

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Would only care as it means something more serious could be going on.

In terms of getting my prediction logged, I agree with you there.

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I go to a little Amish grocery store in Centerville.  They sell it for pennies compared to retail.  Just as an example... Granulated Garlic is about $1.75 for a 1/4 lb.  By comparison, 3 oz of McCormick Garlic is over $4 at the local grocery store.  There's another a little further east (Hillside) I go to sometimes that has a garden center attached.  Great bedding plants, much better than the local nurseries... both in health and doubly in price.

The lantern flies were bad here a couple years ago, now they are in very low numbers.   And it turns out that some of the local predators finally started to recognize them as food.  My wife watched one day as a cardinal swooped down and grabbed one to eat it, and then immediately fly up to grab a second.  All within about 30 seconds.  Those things are terrible flyers, honestly.  So, don't get too down about them.  The ecosystem, at least here, seems to have been able to absorb them after the initial rush of them, and now they are just another bug for the most part.   

Good news on the lantern flies.  My cats are deadly to them. But this fall I have noticed the hornets and wasps feasting on them. So there is hope.  

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We might care a little bit. That likely means he died.

Damn I was thinking more along the lines of "no power or Internet". Or just "more pressing crap to take care of"

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We’ll be the only undefeated team after tonight.  Looking forward to this game.  

Not sure what to think of this game, Dolphins have 6 sacks through 3 games, and Burrow has been sacked 15 times in 3 games. Seems if you have any type of pass rush you can get to Burrow, and the Dolphins have a good enough secondary to match up with the Bengals WR's.

I am picking the Bengals, but not feeling very confident in that pick.

3 hours ago, purplefiggy said:

If I haven’t sent you this before, I love this little place for the variety of pepper and tomato plants they have. 

it has been a few years but it used to be a spring ritual every year taking a beautiful drive and picking up my plants. My brother used to have them shipped to FL. 

https://www.chileplants.com

I use Sandia for a lot of my peppers.  They have a nice variety of Hatch peppers. 

21 hours ago, Doc S. said:

Looks like some pretty good rain expected in the Philly area for gametime...

Just checked Accuweather's site. It looks like rain Saturday and Saturday night - maybe 1/2" or so. Sunday is forecast to be dry.

Amendment, sorry. It now looks like Sunday could include some rain, they're calling for 3 hours of precipitation and about 1/4". It always concerns me a little when the forecast trend is for worse weather than what was forecast earlier.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not sure what to think of this game, Dolphins have 6 sacks through 3 games, and Burrow has been sacked 15 times in 3 games. Seems if you have any type of pass rush you can get to Burrow, and the Dolphins have a good enough secondary to match up with the Bengals WR's.

I am picking the Bengals, but not feeling very confident in that pick.

I think this game will be an indication of what type of season the Bengals are going to have. If that Oline has not corrected itself by week 4 then this is probably just who they are and its going to be an uphill battle to even make the playoffs especially if they lose this game. Bengals need this game though and this is their opportunity to showcase that they are back on track.

24 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Damn I was thinking more along the lines of "no power or Internet". Or just "more pressing crap to take care of"

Id say if he isnt back in here by about 6pm tonight, we form a search party. 

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Facts. Your move, @RememberTheKoy

He actually had a great punt return for a TD in Tampa Bay but it was called back in a really weak block in the back that wasn't at all near his return. 

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

image.jpeg.17a26a66dca50bf82671bd4554fe15e1.jpeg

No he couldn’t. That was one of the biggest complaints with Ward. He often times let the ball roll past, costing us many yards in FP. The safety Wentz took in Cleveland was a direct result of Ward not bothering to catch the ball. 

Meanwhile Covey can't be depended to catch it when he attempts which opens up to very costly turnovers. 

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is. 

48 minutes ago, Know Life said:

Sarasota. Early on, Ian’s path was showing a direct it here, but thankfully for me (yet sadly, worse for others), it shifted south. 

I know you’re not far from Venice. Any idea how bad it was hit there?

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile Covey can't be depended to catch it when he attempts which opens up to very costly turnovers. 

So bizarre to see people here be such big supporters of a player as useless as Covey.  Wonder why that is. 

Again you resort to racism, but are too cowardly to say it proper. You're a real piece of ish.

Covey had ONE drop so far, on a punt that was knuckling away from him, kicked by arguably the best punter in the league. That ish happens. Nice attempt at a false narrative though, racist

Archived