Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - We can't hit for crap

Featured Replies

Why the F is no One warming up with shugart throwing nothing but balls consistently

  • Replies 35k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why the F is no One warming up with shugart throwing nothing but balls consistently

Yep. I was dumbfounded. They should have had someone at the ready just in case. He should have been pulled after the 3rd batter. Hope to see DFA next to his name tomorrow.

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Yep. I was dumbfounded. They should have had someone at the ready just in case. He should have been pulled after the 3rd batter. Hope to see DFA next to his name tomorrow.

I’d rather see what mcfarlane can do. He’s been great at double A. Tbh he should’ve been up at triple A already to see what he looked like there. I’ve seen Johnson before at the mlb level

Garcia might have blown out his shoulder

32 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Luzardo once again imploded. Dude was given a 6-0 lead with a low pitch count, so silly me was thinking he could easily get through 7. Nope.

So for our starters, Sanchez and Wheeler I can count on going 7÷. Luzardo 5-6. Nola 4-5. (For what Luzardo and Nola are being paid, not nearly good enough). Painter 3-4. Lots of bullpen work for our 3-5 starters.

So this lends itself to the multi million $$$ question for the trade deadline. Tarik Skubal would be the pipe dream of pipe dreams, but the Phillies simply lack the prospects, forget protecting anyone, to seal that deal. Granted, he's a rental. So while that makes him feel attainable, they still need to outbid other teams and I don't think they have the assets.

Outside of an ace, how "worth it" is getting a more stable mid or back rotation starter just to eat innings? They don't really have any prospects worth protecting, but do you really feel like trading a top (well, for this system) prospect for an innings eater?

An ace trumps all, but outside of that, I'd cobble together what resources they have for a bat.

Saying it’s garcia’s tricep. Might have blown it with the throw. Which if JT catches it where he should’ve have it’s an out

Nick Castellanos' RBI double

Ready for the call

Why does it feel like the 9th inning is going to be agony

Durán for 3rd consecutive night cause we can’t hold a 7-1 lead

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

So this lends itself to the multi million $$$ question for the trade deadline. Tarik Skubal would be the pipe dream of pipe dreams, but the Phillies simply lack the prospects, forget protecting anyone, to seal that deal. Granted, he's a rental. So while that makes him feel attainable, they still need to outbid other teams and I don't think they have the assets.

Outside of an ace, how "worth it" is getting a more stable mid or back rotation starter just to eat innings? They don't really have any prospects worth protecting, but do you really feel like trading a top (well, for this system) prospect for an innings eater?

An ace trumps all, but outside of that, I'd cobble together what resources they have for a bat.

Yeah, I'm thinking of a Joe Blanton type who can give you 5-6 innings of 3 or 4 run ball. Enough to keep you in the game and not blowout your bullpen.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why does it feel like the 9th inning is going to be agony

Durán for 3rd consecutive night cause we can’t hold a 7-1 lead

Alright reverse jinx 

Anyone think Duran pitches 3 consecutive games under Thomson? I dont.

7 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of a Joe Blanton type who can give you 5-6 innings of 3 or 4 run ball. Enough to keep you in the game and not blowout your bullpen.

That was what they needed in ‘08. But in ‘08 the lineup and the pen were ready to roll and they needed the rotation help.

This lineup isn’t ‘08 that’s for sure. Joe Blanton would be a huge regular season pressure release valve for this team…but is he as helpful in October as a marginal improvement in the back of the rotation? He’s still the guy you need to score runs to bolster in hopes of stealing a playoff game you should lose.

But if they are going to make that move…why wait for the deadline? Get those innings eaten now.

39 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of a Joe Blanton type who can give you 5-6 innings of 3 or 4 run ball. Enough to keep you in the game and not blowout your bullpen.

I mentioned a couple weeks back reid detmer of the angels makes sense. He has some controllable years left. He’s a 3-4 starter with upside. His stuff is good. I think cotham could elevate him.  Angels willing to deal. 

I’d be surprised if it was rincones. He’s played just 11 triple A games and he’s a lefty. I’m guessing it’s Reyes

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d be surprised if it was rincones. He’s played just 11 triple A games and he’s a lefty. I’m guessing it’s Reyes

Great job building that farm system

Garcia was awful at the plate but very good defensively so likely to be a downgrade while he's out.

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Great job building that farm system

If those names don’t excite you they could add Dylan Carlson to the 40 man roster and go him…

Season saved!

lol

Actually like werth. I don’t blame him for chasing the cash either from the Nats.

Well García is done for the year

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Well García is done for the year

Good

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Welp this is a loss, unless they go on one of their crazy scoring sprees

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.