EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

White wine is disgusting

Every single IPA ever created is disgusting

And Gannons side of the ball is loaded with talent and somehow our defense gets carved up and hands out 10 play drives like theyre candy

I have no palate for beer, so it's not fair for me to criticize.  I love wine, any hard liquor neat, cocktails, etc.  To me, all beer is disgusting.  From Guinness to Bud to Corona to light beer to IPAs, I'd rather drink soapy water.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Slay's performance is something to watch very carefully.  He was in the discussion for the NFL's top CB for the first 3 months of the season and was outstanding.  He has been consistently toasted for the last few weeks...feels wrong to say it, but we could even call him a liability.

Much like Gannon, let's see how he looks in the playoffs.  I feel uncomfortable having a pair of CBs that are both expensive and over 30, especially when that duo was arguably the biggest strength of the entire team.  Our defense is really built around elite CB play right now and has suffered with Slay falling off.  

DB/OL are the biggest needs on the team.  We all wanted a stud edge rusher in the draft, but that's not necessarily where Howie will be forced to look.

I’ve been on the "We need to keep on eye on Slay as he gets north of 30” train the past couple of seasons. To his credit he was fantastic the first half of the season, especially against Jefferson in the Minnesota game. But it’s something to monitor going forward because that cliff is coming and you don’t want to be stuck holding the bag there. I think they should draft a corner pretty high in the draft this offseason. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I have no palate for beer, so it's not fair for me to criticize.  I love wine, any hard liquor neat, cocktails, etc.  To me, all beer is disgusting.  From Guinness to Bud to Corona to light beer to IPAs, I'd rather drink soapy water.

I can tolerate Guinness, but I agree with this for the most part. I’ve never been a "sit down and have a six pack of beers” guy. Would rather have a bottle of red wine or some bourbon. 

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I’ve been on the "We need to keep on eye on Slay as he gets north of 30” train the past couple of seasons. To his credit he was fantastic the first half of the season, especially against Jefferson in the Minnesota game. But it’s something to monitor going forward because that cliff is coming and you don’t want to be stuck holding the bag there. I think they should draft a corner pretty high in the draft this offseason. 

Much like our need to draft a RG that projects as a RT to bump out on a moment's notice to replace Lane....we need a nickel CB who projects as a great outside CB to be ready for that cliff.

Within reason, the Eagles should still be looking BPA, but the real goal should be a top notch OL prospect and a top notch CB prospect.

Considering Howie's genius with trades, lack of genius with the draft, and tendency to trade picks for proven studs...if we were to let Bradberry walk, it may be interesting to see if there is an opportunity to trade and sign some 2-3 year veteran stud CB on a dysfunctional team.  We do better with that than drafting players.

9 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

White wine is disgusting

Every single IPA ever created is disgusting

And Gannons side of the ball is loaded with talent and somehow our defense gets carved up and hands out 10 play drives like theyre candy

I'm a big beer guy but even I don't like IPAs that much. They're all generally the same hop bombs. I'll gravitate towards Double/Triple IPAs since they're generally more interesting and not so hop abrasive.

Guinness here in Ireland and particularly in Dublin is mostly superb, with the only variable being a bar person who hasn’t a Fing clue how to pour a proper pint of it, and you get bubbles in or some other war crime. 

the best beer I’ve ever had was in Germany and the Czech Republic.

I thought Slay was bad watching live Sunday, but it seems like maybe it was more breakdowns in communication with switches or late safety help. The TD he gave up to Pringle was just a brain fart. I don’t think we’re seeing any sort of physical decline. 

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I can tolerate Guinness, but I agree with this for the most part. I’ve never been a "sit down and have a six pack of beers” guy. Would rather have a bottle of red wine or some bourbon. 

I don't criticize beer, as I've always just accepted it as a "it's not you, it's me" thing.  I also despise soda.  Something about my taste buds just rejects them.

I hated it so much that I couldn't share beers with people in college.  I had to go straight for the hard stuff.  Although, for the younger board members...bringing a girl to your dorm room and opening a bottle of wine is a nice, classy change of pace.  

39 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I can answer that- NO, it wont. Now maybe Gannon played a vanilla zone Defense because we didn't need to win the game and chances are we will see them in the playoffs. SO it's possible he was saving all the good stuff for the next game we have with them? 

So it's possible- but is it likely thats what happened? 

52 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

The DL had 6 sacks but somehow Dak was like 20/20 against zone. It was like part of the defense was trying to win while the backend was just playing vanilla. Allowing an opposing team to repeatedly attack a weakness without much of an adjustment is partly on the coach, right?  Yeah, the Gannon has been fine overall - but will it hold up in the playoffs…?

I wouldn't be completely shocked if they risked losing the game (and they obviously did lose it) just to show Dak a completely different look than they'll give him in the playoffs.  That's absolutely something you'd see from the Lowie brain trust.

Now, Dak typically slaughters our defense, so there may be not much else to it.  But I wouldn't be surprised...

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don't criticize beer, as I've always just accepted it as a "it's not you, it's me" thing.  I also despise soda.  Something about my taste buds just rejects them.

I hated it so much that I couldn't share beers with people in college.  I had to go straight for the hard stuff.  Although, for the younger board members...bringing a girl to your dorm room and opening a bottle of wine is a nice, classy change of pace.  

Boonesfarm?

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I wouldn't be completely shocked if they risked losing the game (and they obviously did lose it) just to show Dak a completely different look than they'll give him in the playoffs.  That's absolutely something you'd see from the Lowie brain trust.

Now, Dak typically slaughters our defense, so there may be not much else to it.  But I wouldn't be surprised...

Now that explains why Gannon called such a stupid coverage on third and 30!

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Back in the day, I was never a "sit down and have a six pack" guy.  I'd drink at least 12.  I used to hammer back at least 12 up at the sports bar in MD back in the day for both the 1 and 4 pm games.  I love red wine....the dryer...the better.    

As far as beers now?  I can drink maybe 4-6 lite beers before I feel bloated and full.  Regular beers, 2 max.  I typically just have a few stellas or dos equis on the weekend before I make my vodka drink.  But even that is far and few between anymore.  My wife stopped drinking over a year ago and I have slowed down dramatically.  It's for the best. I was drinking too much and too often.  I should elevate my tastes to bourbon, now that I smoke cigars.  Just never got into it.

Yep.  Don't do IPA's.  Hipster beard guy and Hipster IPA guy is virtually the same guy.  Not my thing.  

To me IPAs and the descriptions are like those people who come up with bizarre names for paint. I mean red paint is red paint regardless of what fancy name you put on it.

29 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Much like our need to draft a RG that projects as a RT to bump out on a moment's notice to replace Lane....we need a nickel CB who projects as a great outside CB to be ready for that cliff.

Within reason, the Eagles should still be looking BPA, but the real goal should be a top notch OL prospect and a top notch CB prospect.

Considering Howie's genius with trades, lack of genius with the draft, and tendency to trade picks for proven studs...if we were to let Bradberry walk, it may be interesting to see if there is an opportunity to trade and sign some 2-3 year veteran stud CB on a dysfunctional team.  We do better with that than drafting players.

I can't take seriously any suggestion that the defensive line isn't the team's number one draft priority. Just look at the current roster and envision what that unit looks like two years from now. And unlike you, I'm not on the "Jordan Davis is a bust" train.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

A lot of talk about wine drinking this morning.  I had no idea there were so many women in the Blog.

don't assume they identify as women. 

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I can't take seriously any suggestion that the defensive line isn't the team's number one draft priority. Just look at the current roster and envision what that unit looks like two years from now. And unlike you, I'm not on the "Jordan Davis is a bust" train.

Yup, we can't keep relying on Graham to continue his output at 35 years old. I'm assuming he comes back for 1 more year and Cox is probably gone this off-season. You're looking at only Sweat/Reddick at DE and Davis/Hargrave/Williams at DT in the future. We need to fill out the DL with talent or at least a blue chip prospect would go a long way.

29 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm not on the Jordan Davis is a bust train.  I'm on the "call it like it is and say that he had a lousy rookie year" train.  Plenty of opportunity to change course, but no need to lie to ourselves about it.

2 games from now, our OL and secondary will likely be liabilities.  2 years from now, we have no one under contract in the entire secondary.  Isn't that worse than the DL situation?

33 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

A lot of talk about wine drinking this morning.  I had no idea there were so many women in the Blog.

Wine>Beer

Fight me (just watch the hair)

42 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Really?  It's pretty obvious by the content

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I thought Slay was bad watching live Sunday, but it seems like maybe it was more breakdowns in communication with switches or late safety help. The TD he gave up to Pringle was just a brain fart. I don’t think we’re seeing any sort of physical decline. 

Yep

Archived