EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles got their NFC Championship rings today. Some players live streamed it on Instagram, Looks a lot like the SB rings just not as blingy. 

21 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

@Cochis_Calhoun

Turns out Rory McIlroy didn't come away totally empty-handed during the PGA players' meeting -- he was given some free advice:

Report: Rory McIlroy told to '[expletive] off' by golfer during contentious PGA Tour players meeting

We knew the PGA Tour players’ meeting in Toronto ahead of the RBC Canadian Open would be contentious.

And per a report, it did get heated between two players: Rory McIlroy and Grayson Murray.

Per the Golf Channel, a player said that when Murray yelled at PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan — something like, "We don’t trust you, Jay! You should resign right now! You lied to our face!” — McIlroy responded with a dig.

"Just play better, Grayson,” he reportedly said. That led to Murray telling McIlroy to “[expletive] off.”

If I didn't have a reason not to watch golf, I do now.

7 minutes ago, just relax said:

If I didn't have a reason not to watch golf, I do now.

Most of them are a bunch of entitled babies.  More than 100 PGA players made more than $1M in prize money last year; 58 of them made more than $2M --and that's just in tournament earnings.

One year they played the Canadian Open in British Columbia.  The players complained the course was 'too difficult' and they've never hosted there since.  The tournament they do in Palm Springs has a rotation of courses with half the field playing one course one day, then the other the next day.  They complained Silver Rock course was too difficult, so it was taken out of the rotation.  A lot of years during the US Open there are numerous complaints from players about 'unfair playing conditions' -- the rough is too long, the greens are too fast, the pin placements aren't fair, etc.  These are professional players.

Don't even get me started on why they're still using caddies.  I can measure distance, select and carry my own clubs -- but these morons need someone to carry their bag, choose which club to hit, and help line up their putts for them?  

Christian Ellis impressing and Nick Morrow skipping the final OTA's while none of his contract is guaranteed is the first step in him not being on the team.  Corey Nelson part 2.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Most of them are a bunch of entitled babies.  More than 100 PGA players made more than $1M in prize money last year; 58 of them made more than $2M --and that's just in tournament earnings.

One year they played the Canadian Open in British Columbia.  The players complained the course was 'too difficult' and they've never hosted there since.  The tournament they do in Palm Springs has a rotation of courses with half the field playing one course one day, then the other the next day.  They complained Silver Rock course was too difficult, so it was taken out of the rotation.  A lot of years during the US Open there are numerous complaints from players about 'unfair playing conditions' -- the rough is too long, the greens are too fast, the pin placements aren't fair, etc.  These are professional players.

Don't even get me started on why they're still using caddies.  I can measure distance, select and carry my own clubs -- but these morons need someone to carry their bag, choose which club to hit, and help line up their putts for them?  

And Casey Martin, who ended up having his leg amputated, was not allowed to play because he couldn't walk the course. All those god-like athletes, so much more fit than he. Gotta love 'em.

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Christian Elliss getting rave reviews. The next TJ Edwards?

Rave reviews from what sources?

I believe the Eagles LB position is "in flux".  Not sure I see Nicholas Morrow as a starter on a contending defense, so unless he or Eliss take an unforeseen leap I would suspect Howie will bring in a more established LB from the "clearance bin" of free agency as insurance 

28 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Rave reviews from what sources?

Reporters saying he looks good.

1 hour ago, just relax said:

And Casey Martin, who ended up having his leg amputated, was not allowed to play because he couldn't walk the course. All those god-like athletes, so much more fit than he. Gotta love 'em.

Golf is my sport…to play anyway.  I used to be quite good… Then I got married and had kids and my game hasn’t been the same since.  I used to really enjoy watching it on TV… the majors at least.  A lot of great history there.  It is definitely not the same anymore.  It’s sad…at least to golfers like me 

22 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Reporters saying he looks good.

What reporters?

3 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Caddies arent allowed to line up the putts

also carrying a tour bag is awful and would wear the players out. Plus its tradition

Just now, mattwill said:

What reporters?

Gowton, Kempski, Tolentino, Kerr, others.

1 hour ago, just relax said:

Should baseball players use aluminum bats?

7 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Eagles covet a RB staying healthy so he doesn't have everything.

There are two scenarios for Swift:

1)  He is unable to stay healthy as he has in his career and Eagles as a result don't invest a multi-year deal into him.

2) He stays healthy and has a very good year in this offense and then becomes more expensive than the Eagles are willing to pay.

You should have told them that 2 decades ago.

Sirianni was saying how impressed he was with Hurts today.  I realize he would not say anything else, but he did sound as if he was going to make yet another leap forward. I certainly did not anticipate how much he would improve last season, and I’m not expecting an equal leap this year.  It would actually be scary to see what that would look like… In a good way.

I’m trying to think of what he would need to improve on most… What does the blog think is his most needed area of improvement?

5 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Christian Elliss getting rave reviews. The next TJ Edwards?

For what exactly? Let's see about three weeks into the real training camp what he's doing. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I believe the Eagles LB position is "in flux".  Not sure I see Nicholas Morrow as a starter on a contending defense, so unless he or Eliss take an unforeseen leap I would suspect Howie will bring in a more established LB from the "clearance bin" of free agency as insurance 

Deion Jones is a very good player, a real shark in the water if you will. If his shoulder is ok I'd go that route. 

Archived