Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He/She is a troll.  Don't waste your time.  

Be nice Produce Boy or I'm going to tell your manager that you've been posting during work hours when he gets out of his homeroom class later today.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is why I keep pounding the table when someone brings up Dallas and who they might or might not take before us.  Again, what does it matter what is going on in their home when our house is a wreck.  Until Lurie wakes up and sees the error of his ways, nothing will change.  The only way for that to happen is for the Eagles to hit rock bottom. And we aren't there yet.  Rock bottom is back to "normal" with full stadiums in most cities in the NFL and our home games are taken over by Giants and Redskins fans.  Or empty seats when they are allowed to be filled.   Yes I know.....the tickets are already sold.........waiting list, blah blah blah.    But Lurie does not like the visual of his stadium being over run by opposing fans.  And when this mess continues, that is what is going to happen.  And hopefully that will force that doofus to change course.  

I think the problem has been the short term success which he attributes to his and Roseman's contributions.  When Lurie had Banner and Reid he was much better.  I think Banner and Reid had Lurie's trust in a way that allowed them to exert a positive influence.  Roseman appears to lean towards being a sycophant rather than actually providing a guiding voice.  No one trusts him to look provide an honest opinion on anything.  For it to change, it will take either Sirianni to be some sort of apparent offensive/coaching genius to the point where he is better able to get Lurie's ear or they will have to look really bad for multiple seasons.  

2020 was a complete trend - a multi-year slide that cant be ignored. driven primarily by poor leadership and drafting. which places Howie as a prime driver of the decline

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Schwartz was the same. They were the right coaches in 2016, the wrong coaches once the team got old.

Howie tried to get them what they wanted (Schwartz loves him some DTs), now it's time to move on.

All I ask from Sirianni is help build a team, if he does so, he earns a couple years to try and win with the team he built.

So what's your economics background?

IB/PE front office. Calling literally every major bubble over the last 2 decades while the central bank clowns were doing their best Baghdad Bob impersonation. Literally having more foresight than Greenspan, Bernanke, etc.

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Eagles have been a successful franchise for two decades, they are entering the inevitable rebuild phase, if they still suck in 2025, the organization is dysfunctional, but coming off a SB and three playoff appearances, 2020 isn't exactly "a trend."

Going back to 2010, Dallas has made the POs 3 times in 11 seasons, and only 4 seasons with 9 or more wins. That's dysfunction!

Now come 2023, I expect this team to be competitive again, I can live with a 3 year total rebuild.

But I don't want to be the Giants, since their last SB, 2 winning seasons, 1 PO appearance in 9 seasons.

And let's not get started with the Washington "no names." 29 years since they won a SB, 7 PO appearances, (3) 10 win seasons in that stretch.

All true.  I'm looking at where each team is now however and the moves they are doing. 

IMO, the NYG and WFT seem to be on the right track.  They have made very strong hires and are building teams in accordance to their HC styles.  Rivera and Del Rio walked in to a great defensive situation.  Now let's see if they can find their quarterback and build off last years success.  Keeping that defense intact will be Snyder's biggest challenge.  

Judge and the NYG aren't great yet but I think he's going to be a great coach.  I don't think Daniel Jones is their answer.

Dallas has great players.  It's their coaching that is lacking right now.  McCarthy was the wrong guy.  I loved the CeeDee Lamb pick but they drafted 2 potential starting corners, DT and C last year.  

Again, I'm talking about what these teams are doing moving forward and I think they are making good moves.

What these stats also tell me is that all the Eagles had to do was win a weak NFCE over the last 20 years.  

10 minutes ago, austinfan said:

 

So what's your economics background?

the inevitable attempt to pull rank when shown to be wrong. you did the same with me. His economics experience is better than yours or mine.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I’m big on the analytics as anyone would know, but there has to be room for feel and game flow. And for anyone to complain about leaning on the ground game at Green Bay is an idiot. 

I honestly have no problem going over decision making and play calls after a win but the problem is that Pederson didn't trust the questioning.  

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I honestly have no problem going over decision making and play calls after a win but the problem is that Pederson didn't trust the questioning.  

well he rightly felt they didnt respect/trust him

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I honestly have no problem going over decision making and play calls after a win but the problem is that Pederson didn't trust the questioning.  

I would think it goes beyond trust. It has to wear anyone thin to be questioned by your boss on every little decision, even after obvious choices like running at will against GB in a win. 

12 minutes ago, TEW said:

Digital currencies by a central bank will still be fiat with a limitless supply. The only difference is they are going to try to implement further control on what you can buy and how you can transact. Hell, the idea of behavioral economics being applied at the individual level is already being floated. They literally want to assign individuals their own interest rate. Pure insanity.

BTC and other cryptos are finding such extraordinary prices precisely because they have rational monetary policy and are outside the direct control of governments.

Did you just say Bitcoin has value because of its digital properties: "they have rational monetary policy"? 

I'm proud 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

IMO, the NYG and WFT seem to be on the right track.  They have made very strong hires and are building teams in accordance to their HC styles.  Rivera and Del Rio walked in to a great defensive situation.  Now let's see if they can find their quarterback and build off last years success.  Keeping that defense intact will be Snyder's biggest challenge.  

WFT is on the right track, but I still don't think they have the QB to lead them to the promised land.  

Fitzmagic is almost 40.  He may have a few good games in him, but I doubt he can keep it up for a whole season.  Heinecke is a journeyman QB with a noodle arm, he may be a "game" that's good for some good starts, but again I doubt he can keep it up for a whole season.  If Trey Lance starts falling and WFT can pull a trade off to get him, that will be a big problem.  They've got some decent talent at skill positions, a very young and up and coming defense, and you can combine that with a good young QB.  Sounds like the same model the Seahawks followed.

Trey Lance isn’t going to Cam Newton NFL players, this isn’t the mountain west conference.

With a new coaching staff that means we get an extra "mini camp" or early work correct?  Any idea what that means if it's a virtual off-season?

33 minutes ago, TEW said:

Digital currencies by a central bank will still be fiat with a limitless supply. The only difference is they are going to try to implement further control on what you can buy and how you can transact. Hell, the idea of behavioral economics being applied at the individual level is already being floated. They literally want to assign individuals their own interest rate. Pure insanity.

BTC and other cryptos are finding such extraordinary prices precisely because they have rational monetary policy and are outside the direct control of governments.

I won’t own government issued , I have btc with average share price of 2600 , and I own Zcash and monero

the way governments and companies like Facebook will be doing it , will be dollar for dollar , basically a crypto savings account 

only 21 million btc will ever be produced , not like stocks or fiat where they just print more , or have new stock offerings 

12 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

WFT is on the right track, but I still don't think they have the QB to lead them to the promised land.  

Fitzmagic is almost 40.  He may have a few good games in him, but I doubt he can keep it up for a whole season.  Heinecke is a journeyman QB with a noodle arm, he may be a "game" that's good for some good starts, but again I doubt he can keep it up for a whole season.  If Trey Lance starts falling and WFT can pull a trade off to get him, that will be a big problem.  They've got some decent talent at skill positions, a very young and up and coming defense, and you can combine that with a good young QB.  Sounds like the same model the Seahawks followed.

Not sure how far that 5th QB can fall, whether it’s Lance or Jones (not sold yet he’s the pick at #3).  It will be interesting to see if DEN makes a move or if they’re actually content giving Lock another season.  Either DAL or NYG are prime spots to trade up to #10 or 11 — but I doubt either would trade with WFT in the 1st round to let them get a franchise QB.  
 

Have to believe NE at #15, WFT at #19 and CHI at #20 are all interested in trading up; how high is the question.  CAR at #8 is in a really good spot to trade back with any of those teams 

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Not sure how far that 5th QB can fall, whether it’s Lance or Jones (not sold yet he’s the pick at #3).  It will be interesting to see if DEN makes a move or if they’re actually content giving Lock another season.  Either DAL or NYG are prime spots to trade up to #10 or 11 — but I doubt either would trade with WFT in the 1st round to let them get a franchise QB.  
 

Have to believe NE at #15, WFT at #19 and CHI at #20 are all interested in trading up; how high is the question.  CAR at #8 is in a really good spot to trade back with any of those teams 

I posted about this yesterday.  I don't think they need a top 5 qb in the draft.  A guy like Kellen Mond would be ideal for Rivera.  If they can get him in the 2nd look out.

Some team will take a shot on Newman ,  I personally like them 

Mills , Mond and Franks 

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I would think it goes beyond trust. It has to wear anyone thin to be questioned by your boss on every little decision, even after obvious choices like running at will against GB in a win. 

I think second guessing every decision is an issue.  

7 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Some team will take a shot on Newman ,  I personally like them 

Mills , Mond and Franks 

I think you can add Trask to that list.  Those 4 QBs are going to be good pros.

11 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Having more to lose should be an advantage.  
 

Wine pairing always helps. 

Hey. We agree!

Just now, bpac55 said:

I think you can add Trask to that list.  Those 4 QBs are going to be good pros.

Not a fan of Trask , supposedly WFT is though

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Not a fan of Trask , supposedly WFT is though

Mond and Mills are the 2 out of that list who I think are going to be pretty decent.  Trask and Franks low-end starter/high-end back up.

I need to watch this guy play. 

1 hour ago, Peppersmacks said:

Be nice Produce Boy or I'm going to tell your manager that you've been posting during work hours when he gets out of his homeroom class later today.

Not taking sides here but that’s funny. 😄

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.