Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

The Eagles have been a top 10 franchise since Lurie bought the team.

In today's NFL, you win by passing the ball. His two most successful coaches (Reid & Lurie) over-relied on the pass, but it still worked out more than it didn't. He's 100% right about analytics, aggresion and passing. 

Lurie is a good owner. The problem is that he has a blindspot for Howie Roseman. Fire Roseman, hire another GM, profit.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

To the point where this team needs to be boycotted until crap changes. Total joke 

The only thing that will change them is continued failure.  

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Depressing article.

(5) really confirms why we picked Jalen Hurts and JJAW.  Those picks makes more sense if you have an owner who spent too much time watching college football games.  He's playing Madden in real life Jeff Lurie sounds like a Jerry Jones wannabe.  Except he's probably not as good at drafting people as Jerry Jones.  It may be a while before we start winning again.

This is exactly what I said earlier.  People constantly say at least we don't have Jerry Jones.  I think we are closer to having Jerry Jones or worse run this team....and the Cowboys know how to draft.

These buffoons don't have a clue when it comes to drafting. 

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Who are these 3-4 people?

Reuben Frank, Adam Caplan, John McMullen, Jeff McLane and now Kapadia/Berman/Wulf. Probably more I'm missing. They all said Lurie want's his team to be a pass first offense.

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Trouble with btc right now is , the whales own most of it , average person can’t afford it , glad I bought in early , but you can buy as little 25 dollars worth , so over time more and more will own it , very small % of Americans own it 

as far as mining , there is already 18 million of the 21 million in circulation , the last 3 million will happen over decades 

you figure Satoshi , the creator , is sitting on a million coins , since 2009 , and hasn’t moved 1of them

And you need the stomach for it , it will move up and down 20% in 36 hours

BTC is bull. First of all, it's not free, consumes a tremendous amount of energy which will only becomes more costly as carbon taxes and other measures take hold. Second, there's no intrinsic value, it's the ultimate it's "worth what we say it's worth" asset. Third, it will be hacked in some way at some point.

Blockchain has real value as an accounting tool, cybercurrency is a speculative fad.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Reuben Frank, Adam Caplan, John McMullen, Jeff McLane and now Kapadia/Berman/Wulf. Probably more I'm missing. They all said Lurie want's his team to be a pass first offense.

Joe banner went into detailed discussion about it on the inside the birds podcast. He explained Reid’s philosophy and how lurie bought into it years ago. 

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

2020 was a complete trend - a multi-year slide that cant be ignored. driven primarily by poor leadership and drafting. which places Howie as a prime driver of the decline

I thought this was about politics, and the economy until you mentioned the draft haha.

What do you think of the Biopharma industry and research /regulatory agency incestuous relationship in how it seems similar to the 2008 crisis subplot with the banks and ratings agencies?

also @TEW

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

BTC is bull. First of all, it's not free, consumes a tremendous amount of energy which will only becomes more costly as carbon taxes and other measures take hold. Second, there's no intrinsic value, it's the ultimate it's "worth what we say it's worth" asset. Third, it will be hacked in some way at some point.

Blockchain has real value as an accounting tool, cybercurrency is a speculative fad.

Never been hacked never will be , you don’t know enough about crypto and the blockchain to be making these statements  . 
 

it’s digital gold , it’s only beginning , you will see 100,000 per coin in a year or so , million per in 5 to 10 years 

it’s over a 2 trillion dollar fad , been around 12 years  no asset  has out performed it , it’s not going away 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The problem is... EVEN IF WE DRAFT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! we're still going to be in QB purgatory for the foreseeable future. 

I think if we just draft above average, surround Hurts with weapons and build a defense that Hurts can manage the offense enough to get us to the next level.  Having a top 3 QB is great but I think having a dynamic yet average QB could be enough.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The problem is... EVEN IF WE DRAFT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! we're still going to be in QB purgatory for the foreseeable future. 

Well we are 2 seconds into a full rebuild, this happens to every franchise. Just have to ride it out, it’s our turn.

The near future doesn't look good, but having 3 first rounders next year feels nice. If Hurts isn't the answer you have tons of ammo to get a good QB. And if 2021 is a disaster, there's a slim chance Howie doesn't even get to pick him. 

4 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

The near future doesn't look good, but having 3 first rounders next year feels nice. If Hurts isn't the answer you have tons of ammo to get a good QB. And if 2021 is a disaster, there's a slim chance Howie doesn't even get to pick him. 

Idk about that. 2021 would have to be worst team in the league bad and the selections made this year would also have to completely plummet. I tend to think howie is back for at least 2022 knowing we were finally starting a rebuild. If they aren’t trending in the right direction after 2022 then i think you see massive changes 

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think if we just draft above average, surround Hurts with weapons and build a defense that Hurts can manage the offense enough to get us to the next level.  Having a top 3 QB is great but I think having a dynamic yet average QB could be enough.

I don't think you need top 3 but you certainly need top 10 if you want to actually win it all. The league has evolved too much into a high octane offensive first game that you can't just be an average QB and rely on a defensive dynasty because they just don't exist anymore. 

On a somewhat related note, I also think the idea of a "franchise QB" in the likes of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers (basically any guy that will be the guy for the next decade plus) is coming to an end as well. There will be the exceptions like Mahomes, but I think their will be more fluidity to the position going forward.

So Lurie wants to pass more, but Lurie also wanted to draft JJAW and Hurts? 

I'd think anyone running an offense with Hurts and JJAW would want about a 1:99 pass/run ratio.

16 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The problem is... EVEN IF WE DRAFT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! we're still going to be in QB purgatory for the foreseeable future. 

The worst case scenario for the team is that Hurts looks like Tyrod Taylor and they trade up for a QB in 2022.  A 1st round QB in 2022 gives Howie at least 3 more seasons and probably another HC.  

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is exactly what I said earlier.  People constantly say at least we don't have Jerry Jones.  I think we are closer to having Jerry Jones or worse run this team....and the Cowboys know how to draft.

These buffoons don't have a clue when it comes to drafting. 

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it true. 

I thought Nova was bad with his raging hard on for KC....but your love affair with the Cowboys is really something else. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Not so fast.  Ever go to winebeserkers.com?  I never post there (this is the only message board I have time to waste time on)....but I go there to find some opinions.  The fights they get into over wine make politics and football look like child’s play.

I have not. I just now took a peek and it looks like fun. I can see that a lot of those guys are way out of my league.

What will crack me up is if Hurts turns out to be a top half QB and Reagor puts up a 1000 yards next season. Taylor, at #103 I'm happy if he's a solid nickel LB. That's good value at that point in the draft, same way Driscoll is good value if he's "merely" a #6/#7 OL who can fill in at four spots.

if Lurie is so pass crazy, why did they hire Sirianni, from the "Reich tree," who values run/pass balance?

I think Sirianni will have far fewer issues with analytics, same with Gannon, it's the older coaches who tend to be more rigid. Not all, but many.

The fact that Lowie let Sirianni choose his own coaches probably reflects the reason they hired him, I'll bet he has his own "binder," and had reasons behind every potential coach he suggested to them - some he worked with, others like Johnson he hired on their reputation.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

I have not. I just now took a peek and it looks like fun. I can see that a lot of those guys are way out of my league.

Wine is meant to be fun.  Arguing over it seems silly.  I find it helpful as a baseline or comparison from what I think I'm tasting.

Just now, austinfan said:

What will crack me up is if Hurts turns out to be a top half QB and Reagor puts up a 1000 yards next season. Taylor, at #103 I'm happy if he's a solid nickel LB. That's good value at that point in the draft, same way Driscoll is good value if he's "merely" a #6/#7 OL who can fill in at four spots.

The odds of both of these happening are low. That's why fans are down on the franchise.

19 minutes ago, austinfan said:

BTC is bull. First of all, it's not free, consumes a tremendous amount of energy which will only becomes more costly as carbon taxes and other measures take hold. Second, there's no intrinsic value, it's the ultimate it's "worth what we say it's worth" asset. Third, it will be hacked in some way at some point.

Blockchain has real value as an accounting tool, cybercurrency is a speculative fad.

Wow.  Um, I agree.

10 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

The near future doesn't look good, but having 3 first rounders next year feels nice. If Hurts isn't the answer you have tons of ammo to get a good QB. And if 2021 is a disaster, there's a slim chance Howie doesn't even get to pick him. 

I'd be surprised if Howie was fired

I'd be super happy though

Just now, eagle45 said:

Wow.  Um, I agree.

I took a screenshot. This may never happen again in our lifetimes. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

What would you like to wager 

We got waiver forms if it involves combat! 

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is exactly what I said earlier.  People constantly say at least we don't have Jerry Jones.  I think we are closer to having Jerry Jones or worse run this team....and the Cowboys know how to draft.

These buffoons don't have a clue when it comes to drafting. 

Sadly, I think the one who has the ultimate say in drafting is Jeff Lurie.  People here are blaming Howie for bad drafts.  What we don't know is that Howie is only the shadow GM.  The real GM is Jeff Lurie.  Can't fire the owner.  

26 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Eagles have been a top 10 franchise since Lurie bought the team.

In today's NFL, you win by passing the ball. His two most successful coaches (Reid & Lurie) over-relied on the pass, but it still worked out more than it didn't. He's 100% right about analytics, aggresion and passing. 

Lurie is a good owner. The problem is that he has a blindspot for Howie Roseman. Fire Roseman, hire another GM, profit.

See above.  If I'm right about Jeff Lurie being the one really in charge of drafting, player acquisition, etc. then firing Howie won't do a darn thing.  

Worse thought: Siri was a hire that came out of nowhere for most of us. He makes a lot more sense after hearing about this.   Siri is a person that is easy for Jeff to control.  Somebody that won't push back on Jeff's will too much.  Why didn't we pick Bienemy?  Well, maybe he would have been harder to control...

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.