Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

So we learned today who in the blog are bad at math.

Yeah, you.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

With a new coaching staff that means we get an extra "mini camp" or early work correct?  Any idea what that means if it's a virtual off-season?

It means the new coaching staff doesn’t get the opportunity to see how s____y our Wide Receivers are in person. 

8 minutes ago, dukebowden said:

Other revelations from The Athletic article:

1. Before the 2017 season Lurie had a very long interview with Jim Schwartz that was interpreted by some internally that Lurie was already looking to replace Doug or that he was on a short leash. I think this matches up with the Mike Lombardi Doug-bashing articles around that time that were widely believed to have emanated from Schwartz's camp.

2. Lurie puts a lot of stock in the analysis of Warren Sharp (an analyst who constantly preaches that the formula for football success involves passing to get the lead and running as a situational component of protecting the lead) and hired him as a consultant. 

Maybe he should invest in some Wide Receivers who can play?

6 minutes ago, TEW said:

The energy issues aren’t really issues. You can run the miners off of waste energy from traditional energy production which will actually help to offset any carbon taxes.

To the hacking, there are two issues. First, China has close to or over 50% of the miners. If they nationalized them all they could potentially mess with it. This is a real threat.

The second is quantum computers which are a long way out. That’s not an issue until it’s an issue. In any case they aren’t likely to be commercially viable for decades, so it’s really just state actors (like China or Russia) that pose risk.

In any case, I think BTC is a real asset at this point. Too many institutions are involved at this point to not take it seriously. Is it a good investment? Well, historically it’s the best performing asset in history on a risk adjusted basis. But then again past performance doesn’t guarantee future results. At this point having a small allocation is probably prudent if for no other reason than it’s lack of correlation with other assets.

Institutions are just getting in , they have a long way to go before they are considered majority holders , individuals own it mainly , and companies like PayPal and square and micro strategy , Elon has tipped his ties in , and bought a billion dollars worth

a cpl funds gbtc , Cathy wood of ark funds has some in her arkk etf

it will really take off once sec approves a few Bitcoin ETFs

Canada already has

long way to go though , still in infant stage

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Institutions are just getting in , they have a long way to go before they are considered majority holders , individuals own it mainly , and companies like PayPal and square and micro strategy , Elon has tipped his ties in , and bought a billion dollars worth

a cpl funds gbtc , Cathy wood of ark funds has some in her arkk etf

it will really take off once sec approves a few Bitcoin ETFs

Canada already has

long way to go though , still in infant stage

It's still the greatest asymmetrical bet of our lifetimes at this price

Just now, Casey @ Bat said:

Maybe he should invest in some Wide Receivers who can play?

From the article this would have some issues with just asking analytics people to give grades 

Frustration mounted on the scouting side as well. Rather than being presented with reasons for where certain draft-eligible players were rated by Halaby’s department, the scouting staff would simply be given a list of players the analytics department liked. According to one source, a top personnel official was upset to find out Halaby was grading players on his own despite never having been trained in the scouting department’s methodology.

 

2 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

It's still the greatest asymmetrical bet of our lifetimes at this price

I have a good amount in it , but as I said earlier , average cost of 2600 per coin

don’t get me wrong I still keep most of my investments at fidelity , cpl ETFs , VTI , FDN , FXAIX mutual fund , and cash  , obviously the interest rates are brutal 

there are over a thousand coins , most are scams IMO , other than BTC , monero and zcash , only 3 I own .

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

BTC is bull. First of all, it's not free, consumes a tremendous amount of energy which will only becomes more costly as carbon taxes and other measures take hold. Second, there's no intrinsic value, it's the ultimate it's "worth what we say it's worth" asset. Third, it will be hacked in some way at some point.

Blockchain has real value as an accounting tool, cybercurrency is a speculative fad.

How would you characterize fiat currency?

I once thought similarly about BTC before realizing I was very wrong.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

 

Sitting at about 81% no right now.  Glad to see Eagles fans outside of this board are waking up.

 
 
 
Bill Belichick has made a total of 82 draft day trades since becoming the Patriots head coach in 2000. The next closest team is the Eagles, with 61 in that timeframe. New England currently owns 10 picks in the draft, starting with 15th overall
5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How about Linebackers, D Line, Secondary?  QB's.  RB other than Miles Sanders..........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITS THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM

 

 

 

 

 

Damn why is this fan base so obsessed with WR?

Because they believe in the whole "it's a passing league" BS.

You still need to run the ball.  You still need an O-line.  You still need defense to stop the other team.

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I have a good amount in it , but as I said earlier , average cost of 2600 per coin

don’t get me wrong I still keep most of my investments at fidelity , cpl ETFs , VTI , FDN , FXAIX mutual fund , and cash  , obviously the interest rates are brutal 

there are over a thousand coins , most are scams IMO , other than BTC , monero and zcash , only 3 I own .

I got in even much cheaper than that 🙂

That said, I'm still buying even now

2 minutes ago, John_C said:

How would you characterize fiat currency?

I once thought similarly about BTC before realizing I was very wrong.

Not worth the paper it’s printed on

the whole reason btc was created .

you have countries buying btc now

2 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

I got in even much cheaper than that 🙂

That said, I'm still buying even now

Well if you put a 100  dollars in it in 2010 , you would have about 75 million  now

okung aske to be paid in btc last year , he made out real well

Jim Cramer asked to be paid in btc 

40 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False. 

Last years top 10 teams in run percentage had a combined record of 99-61, and 6 of those 10 teams went to the playoffs.

Last years bottom 10 teams in run percentage had a combined record of 72-88, and 5 of those 10 went to the playoffs.

 

But two of those 5 playoff teams in the bottom 10 went to the Super Bowl. 

 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How about Linebackers, D Line, Secondary?  QB's.  RB other than Miles Sanders..........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITS THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM

 

 

 

 

 

Damn why is this fan base so obsessed with WR?

He pointed out Lurie believes in throwing the ball to take the lead. Then running it once you do.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

Good 

46 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Just saw that body cam footage of the killing of Daunte Wright.  Who in the hell was that officer thinking?  Says she is going to taser and then fires her pistol point blank. Did she not know the difference between the taser and a sidearm???

 

The story is she pulled the wrong weapon. Depends what you want to believe I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But two of those 5 playoff teams in the bottom 10 went to the Super Bowl. 

What was the run pass ratio of the winner of that game vs the loser ??

What was the run pass ratio of the winner of the conference championship games of the winner vs the loser ??

Also, the last 5 years, I will let you guess which season the Eagles had the highest run percentage ??

And these cops wonder why they get shot at , the incompetence of so many officers is inexcusable.

Thoughts?  I forced trade with Jax as it would be picks 33 and 65 for 37, 70, and Ertz... The point differential is those picks is roughly 75 points which is equivalent to a top 5 pick in the 4th round

 

image.thumb.png.a43de4b75380f080aaebaea5d28ac62a.png

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What was the run pass ratio of the winner of that game vs the loser ??

What was the run pass ratio of the winner of the conference championship games of the winner vs the loser ??

Also, the last 5 years, I will let you guess which season the Eagles had the highest run percentage ??

I think "why was the run pass ratio of the last super bowl winner or conference championship games what it was vs the loser" is the more important question than just what was it. 

Also "Why was 2017 the highest Eagles run percentage"?

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The story is she pulled the wrong weapon. Depends what you want to believe I suppose. 

She had it pulled for several seconds before she fired the shot.  Personally, I think is was a mistake but a completely inexcusable mistake.  If you don't know the difference between your sidearm and a taser, then you shouldn't be a police officer.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.