Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

44 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Why don’t we just draft a LB and stop trying to convert to safeties and DEs. 

Nah we’re gonna draft a QB to play LB

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He mustered 17 points against an atrocious Cowboys defense.  A defense that gave up 24.6 points a game.  A defense that gave up 26.3 PPG in the games they won.  Only 1 team scored less points against the Cowboys, the Bengals without Burrow and Mixon.  They gave up 30+ points 8 times, 40+ points twice.

 

Rookie throwing the ball as much as he was while he was clearly struggling.  Yet you blame him in his 3rd start and not the Lurie/Howie/Pederson pass happy initiative. 

Give Hurts a chance.  He's playing with a lesser deck than Wentz. 

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

El Diablo!?😈  So, the Eagles have to engage with dark forces to fix the LB issue?

All depends on what Alec Halaby's analytics say about doing business with Beelzebub. 

38 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Take it how ever you want.  He put it all on Doug... I don't buy that, not even a little bit.

Exactly right, Jerry Jones doesn’t have short meetings with his head coach after every game followed by a meeting every Tuesday morning where he questions play calls. That has to suck for guy (Doug) that played in the league, is your SB winning HC, and yet he has Howie and Jeff busting his balls every Tuesday.   Seriously, imagine winning in GB, only to be told that you didn’t pass enough, and that basically you’re an idiot.

 It makes you wonder why they hired Siriani, because they would never hire Reich to be a HC, he believes in running the ball.  
 

10 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

All depends on what Alec Halaby's analytics say about doing business with Beelzebub. 

Stratomatic football on Excel spreadsheets.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Stratomatic football on Excel spreadsheets.

From the grid iron to the grid lines, Eagles football 2021

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

From the grid iron to the grid lines, Eagles football 2021

They are studying the analytics of Jake Elliott's short field goals and extra points.

th?id=OIP.2t0FFZkvCS2ttYSCQK-UYwHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=220&h=166

19 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Stratomatic football on Excel spreadsheets.

I actually played this game way back, it was fun about 28 years ago 

577A6FE6-A255-4486-8E5B-F2A2EDE870C8.jpeg

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

 

577A6FE6-A255-4486-8E5B-F2A2EDE870C8.jpeg

I used to have that game. That's how old I am.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I used to have that game. That's how old I am.

I liked it, it was fun back then 

great video on Horn

 

Fine with Horn

Would be elated with Horn at 12.

Would be content with Surtain at 12.

47 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Exactly right, Jerry Jones doesn’t have short meetings with his head coach after every game followed by a meeting every Tuesday morning where he questions play calls. That has to suck for guy (Doug) that played in the league, is your SB winning HC, and yet he has Howie and Jeff busting his balls every Tuesday.   Seriously, imagine winning in GB, only to be told that you didn’t pass enough, and that basically you’re an idiot.

 It makes you wonder why they hired Siriani, because they would never hire Reich to be a HC, he believes in running the ball.  
 

Sorry, I dont believe that at all.  I dont think even Howie and Lurie are that stupid. 

Horn = CB1.

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

Horn = CB1.

I haven't looked into him much... but I do like blood lines. 

Horn in Round 1, Davis in Round 2.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I haven't looked into him much... but I do like blood lines. 

Horn in Round 1, Davis in Round 2.  

That would be sweet and make me happy. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

If we are looking DT, I expect the eagle to love Osa Odigizuwa from UCLA. He reminds me of Hargrave. Hes kinda small but yet can play NT. And though he can play NT, hes a very good pass rusher. He is introduced in this video at about 7:35

3rd round target I've read.

42 minutes ago, RLC said:

Horn = CB1.

Correct.

If the draft breaks this way, how far would you be willing to trade back for a non-overpay?

I thought maybe pick 15 would look enticing, with the Pats moving up for Jones, but I would be worried about Horn and Smith going in the next two picks. That would leave us in no-man’s land. I don’t love the next tier of guys. In fact, I think my favorite player isn’t even in the page. I really like JOK, but it would be disappointing for him to be our top pick after starting at 6. Phillips is the best defensive player in the draft, but the red flags are too scary.

E84C92DD-93FA-4E46-8455-9DA6D18A6EF5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If the draft breaks this way, how far would you be willing to trade back for a non-overpay?

I thought maybe pick 15 would look enticing, with the Pats moving up for Jones, but I would be worried about Horn and Smith going in the next two picks. That would leave us in no-man’s land. I don’t love the next tier of guys. In fact, I think my favorite player isn’t even in the page. I really like JOK, but it would be disappointing for him to be our top pick after starting at 6. Phillips is the best defensive player in the draft, but the red flags are too scary.

E84C92DD-93FA-4E46-8455-9DA6D18A6EF5.jpeg

No Brainer...............Mac Jones added to the Qb factory. Then we can trade Hurts for a Conditional 5th rounder. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If the draft breaks this way, how far would you be willing to trade back for a non-overpay?

I thought maybe pick 15 would look enticing, with the Pats moving up for Jones, but I would be worried about Horn and Smith going in the next two picks. That would leave us in no-man’s land. I don’t love the next tier of guys. In fact, I think my favorite player isn’t even in the page. I really like JOK, but it would be disappointing for him to be our top pick after starting at 6. Phillips is the best defensive player in the draft, but the red flags are too scary.

I risk trading down given that the major needs for the Chargers and Vikings are OL and DL. Worst-case, would gladly take JOK at 15. He's such a special athlete. Other than Sewell/Pitts, he's probably the most "unicorn" player in RD1.

I can already hear Howie trying to sell the Barmore pick to us.  We've always believed to build the team from the inside out and we view Barmore as a young Fletcher Cox.  He's going to come in here, be able to learn from Fletcher and not be pressured to make an immediate impact.

DT is a need no doubt.  We have no young up and coming DTs on the roster.  However, we have decent players at DT while the rest of the team is littered with holes.  Holes that can be filled with a number of players who will be available at 12.  If Barmore is the pick I can't begin to talk about how depressing that will be as an Eagles fan.

WIth that being said, I can really see him being the guy.

I’m sure this has been discussed ad neusuem on the blog already but I watching that Carson Wentz video was surreal. On one hand, I felt good for him being in a place that made him happy but on the other hand, it was pretty obvious that he couldn’t wait to get out of Philly. I noticed that he seemed checked out during the season and this seemed to verify it for me.

We had a head coach and starting quarterback basically go through an entire season not really caring whether they remained with the team or left.

12 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Stalin was the coolest of the bolsheviks? 

My point exactly was just to call Howie Rasputin.  Making  @austinfan a rightist and you a communist was just a bonus.  Also, probably influenced by listening to a podcast on the Russian revolution. 

Which Russian revolution, the first or the Bolshevik one?

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If the draft breaks this way, how far would you be willing to trade back for a non-overpay?

I'd stick with Horn, he's the top of my board at that point and who is our CB2 these days?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.