Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, RLC said:

I risk trading down given that the major needs for the Chargers and Vikings are OL and DL. Worst-case, would gladly take JOK at 15. He's such a special athlete. Other than Sewell/Pitts, he's probably the most "unicorn" player in RD1.

If you or I were drafting JOK would be a pinned topic... I think the best we can do there is J.Cox at 37 (and that's a stretch).

Probably the best thing JOK could do for us, is somehow get drafted by DEN and push down a 'premium' player.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

I actually played this game way back, it was fun about 28 years ago 

577A6FE6-A255-4486-8E5B-F2A2EDE870C8.jpeg

 

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

I used to have that game. That's how old I am.

28 years ago?  Dude, longer than that.  Like damn near 40.  Basically, if you remember or played this game then you're old. 

 

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

 

28 years ago?  Dude, longer than that.  Like damn near 40.  Basically, if you remember or played this game then you're old. 

 

I played strato-matic football tossing flat passes to Vyto Kab - computers are for NASA.


spacer.png

11 hours ago, justrelax said:

To the Finland Station is a great book.

First book I read on it was Three Who Made a Revolution. Considering it was published in 1948, it had an interesting take on it. There is a book that came out a couple years ago that I have been meaning to pick up, The Polar Bear Expedition, about the 1919 invasion of Russia by the US to fight the Bolcheviks.  It is amazing that so few in the US know about Teddy and Nicaragua, 1954 and the US propping up the Shah versus the Brits in Iran, the Sino-Russian war and the 1945 surprise invasion of Manchuria by Russia right before the end of WWII, Ho Chi Ming versus the Japanese and the attempt by the French to reclaim its Asian colonies,. and the whole dismantling of the Turkish empire post WWI into false states and its impact 100 years later etc. and other history that seems forgotten and influences events to this day.  

Dogecoin is all the way up to 30 cents. 

@Bacarty2 your friend is for sure a millionaire now. 

Philadelphia Eagles

  • PHI
    12.
    Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida
     
  • PHI
    48.
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    70.
    Landon Dickerson
    OC Alabama
     
  • PHI
    80.
    Rashad Weaver
    EDGE Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • PHI
    95.
    Davis Mills
    QB Stanford
    trade icon
  • PHI
    127.
    Keith Taylor
    CB Washington
    trade icon
  • PHI
    137.
    Monty Rice
    LB Georgia
    trade icon
  • PHI
    150.
    Shi Smith
    WR South Carolina
     
  • PHI
    189.
    Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue
     
  • PHI
    206.
    JaCoby Stevens
    S LSU
    trade icon
  • PHI
    224.
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech
     
  • PHI
    225.
    Jonathon Cooper
    EDGE Ohio State
     
  • PHI
    234.
    Kylen Granson
    TE SMU
     
  • PHI
    240.
    Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh
1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I haven't looked into him much... but I do like blood lines. 

Horn in Round 1, Davis in Round 2.  

Joe horn? 

What's the deal with Paris Ford, from what I've seen he looks decent - but he's buried on the simulators.  Did he curse out his coach and quit on the team?

Just now, Waiting4Someday said:

What's the deal with Paris Ford, from what I've seen he looks decent - but he's buried on the simulators.  Did he curse out his coach and quit on the team?

Barely ran a sub 5 40.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Barely ran a sub 5 40.

that's a preparation problem... no so good.

12 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Joe horn? 

Yeah 

22 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

What's the deal with Paris Ford, from what I've seen he looks decent - but he's buried on the simulators.  Did he curse out his coach and quit on the team?

Yeah running a 4.9 40 will drop ones stock.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Which Russian revolution, the first or the Bolshevik one?

My fam got out before the big one - it would seem that anytime is the right time to leave Russia.  Given the history there, how can the present be surprising.

Disappointed that Cordarrelle Patterson went to ATL. Would have been nice to have a real kick returner for once. 

4 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Disappointed that Cordarrelle Patterson went to ATL. Would have been nice to have a real kick returner for once. 

Waddles has that going for him.

9 hours ago, RLC said:

Refusing to believe Christian Barmore at 12 for my sanity.

I’ve been pondering what player could be Barnett 2.0. A player with a first round grade that we took too early that the fanbase hated and Howie would love. I’ve been looking at this draft like "maybe they can’t possibly F this pick up.” And now this with Barmore. A guy who is the opposite of Barnett. Wildly athletic, unproductive and questionable motor. But a DL which the Eagles value. And they started valuing speed/athleticism a year ago. It’s like the opposite of Barnett’s skill set, but the same questionable value. I’d almost bet my savings he’ll be the pick. 
 

The only thing I don’t like is the questionable motor/taking plays off. I’d rather take the high motor and questionable athleticism, because motor = heart/passion. It means effort. And I’d rather take a risk on a guy who tries hard every play and is passionate about improving than a guy who lights up athletic statistics, but who doesn’t try hard. That’s how you get Josh Gordon or the fireman. Give me a guy who wants to play football. 
 

But that’s the one. The guy Howie will love and the fanbase will hate. Happens every year, and recently, the fanbase has been more right than wrong. 

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Now you know where I get the AR vibe. Football nerd who is ultra-prepared.

29 minutes ago, blindside said:

I’ve been pondering what player could be Barnett 2.0. A player with a first round grade that we took too early that the fanbase hated and Howie would love. I’ve been looking at this draft like "maybe they can’t possibly F this pick up.” And now this with Barmore. A guy who is the opposite of Barnett. Wildly athletic, unproductive and questionable motor. But a DL which the Eagles value. And they started valuing speed/athleticism a year ago. It’s like the opposite of Barnett’s skill set, but the same questionable value. I’d almost bet my savings he’ll be the pick. 
 

The only thing I don’t like is the questionable motor/taking plays off. I’d rather take the high motor and questionable athleticism, because motor = heart/passion. It means effort. And I’d rather take a risk on a guy who tries hard every play and is passionate about improving than a guy who lights up athletic statistics, but who doesn’t try hard. That’s how you get Josh Gordon or the fireman. Give me a guy who wants to play football. 
 

But that’s the one. The guy Howie will love and the fanbase will hate. Happens every year, and recently, the fanbase has been more right than wrong. 

Yup, I'm almost convinced now as well that Baramore will be the pick because it's such a Howie move.

This DT class  is extremely weak and while Baramore is athletic there's a reason he's not a consensus top ten pick, because he sucks against the run and has a questionable motor.

Seems whenever a draft is strong at a position Howie ignores that position and opts instead to draft the weakest position in the draft with his first pick.

I've consistently said I'm pretty much fine with whoever at 12 cuz I felt like either way there's going to be a good player at 12 and I don't think Baramore is included in that statement.

I just see nick Fairley, athletic DL useless against the run weak at the point and lazy motor, I wouldn't draft a guy like that in the first or second round.

 

4 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

If you or I were drafting JOK would be a pinned topic... I think the best we can do there is J.Cox at 37 (and that's a stretch).

Probably the best thing JOK could do for us, is somehow get drafted by DEN and push down a 'premium' player.

What position do you see JOK playing though?  He's a tweener to me.  He's gonna get his lunch stolen in nickel/dime sets.  The comp isn't perfect because JOK's football IQ is obviously better, but he's essentially Ernie Simms.   Great athlete but can't hold a lane, shed blocks or tackle when push comes to shove.

I was going to post earlier that there's no way all of (in order) Horn, Waddle, Smith, Slater and Surtain will be gone.  Then I ran a PFN mock for fun...and they're all gone at 12.  Guess I'll take Pitts.

3 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I was going to post earlier that there's no way all of (in order) Horn, Waddle, Smith, Slater and Surtain will be gone.  Then I ran a PFN mock for fun...and they're all gone at 12.  Guess I'll take Pitts.

Yeah I can't see it. With the draft you can't rule anything out but I don't see it. At least 3 QBs are going to be before us and more than likely it'll be 4 or even 5. Pitts will very likely go and Chase will go. Sewell or Slater will go and so worst case that's already 7 players so at least a couple of Horn, Waddle, Smith, Slater and Surtain will be there. 

Replace Pitts with Horn.  Starting at 150 is about no man's land in the draft for me and this weird college football season.

12. Kyle Pitts
TE Florida
PHI
37. Wyatt Davis
OG Ohio State
PHI
70. Jamar Johnson
S Indiana
PHI
84. Cameron McGrone
LB Michigan
PHI
123. Jaelon Darden
WR North Texas
PHI
150. Quintin Morris
TE Bowling Green
PHI
189. Joshua Kaindoh
EDGE Florida State
PHI
224. Paris Ford
S Pittsburgh
PHI
225. Kene Nwangwu
RB Iowa State
PHI
234. Tamorrion Terry
WR Florida State
PHI
240. Deommodore Lenoir
CB Oregon

14 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

That part was easy.  It was manually checking each of the 800 people that signed up in the first 5 days to verify no one was stealing other peoples accounts was were the real work was :lol:

I admit it. I'm really bluec

21 minutes ago, greend said:

I admit it. I'm really bluec

I knew it!   Imposter!!!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.