EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, blindside said:

That being said... I could have woken up every day since I was 2 years old, doing nothing but preparing for an NFL career and would never have made it. Hard work isn’t enough for most people to become successful NFL QBs. 

Wellllll not with an attitude like that you wouldn't mister!

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greend said:

Stupidity

I sure hope Landon Dickerson doesn’t do this exercise...

12 minutes ago, blindside said:

Josh Gordon says hi. 

His issues aren't about work ethic.

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I won't believe that until I see him performing cartwheels.  That's the true measure of health.

6 minutes ago, greend said:

Stupidity

Yup.  And this is why players who work out away from the team facility aren't covered.   This is just asking for a massive injury.  One wrong foot placement and the injuries will just compound one on top of another.

7 minutes ago, blindside said:

Not a big percentage, but there are definitely guys who get to the pros mostly with natural ability and don’t put in a lot of work. But I would assume most work their ass off to get there. 

There absolutely are.   Bo Jackson never lifted a weight in his life, I believe he said...  but there are very few Bo's around.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Looks like Greg Ward will continue to be the focus of the offense.

If his offense is similar to Doug’s, imma sit this season out. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So Haynesworth had a great work ethic? Johnny Manzeil had a great work ethic? Mike Vick prior to prison had a great work ethic?  Isn't the knock of Fulgham is that there are reports of a bad work ethic? 

Weren't the reports we have been getting for years on Wentz were issues with his work ethic and refusing to listen to coaches or run certain plays in practice? 

So out of the greater than 15,000 or so players in the last decade, you have 5 examples - and out of those 5 - one is a player who received a $100 million deal in free agency because of his high level of production in the prior 6 seasons, one is an UDFA who made his way onto 2 NFL rosters, one is Wentz who isn't being criticized for not working hard but not being coachable. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not questioning his work ethic you dolt.  I’m saying he’s not unique at this level.  This all started with me saying how I liked him. Nothing to do with any hate.  Yet you had to get involved and come in swinging your purse.  Either educate yourself in a discussion before you put your foot in your mouth or STFU.   You’re clueless.   

"Number of you dissecting a play”?   I wasn’t involved in that discussion.  Again, clueless.  Not once did I engage in that and I really don’t even know or care of what play they were talking about.  Stay in your lane, troll.     

😆

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Rolling deep for an 0-5 team lol

Big Ben ****s

All the hard work in the world doesn’t give you the mental makeup to play QB in the NFL at a high level. Very few have that. There’s so much involved, mentally, that all have to coincide. Showing up early to practice doesn’t give you that. 

41 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Per espn , I can’t say I agree 

Interesting note from last weekend's story on Jordan Palmer. He said Auburn QB Bo Nix will be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 draft:

I would have to go watch him but he hasn't been some great pocket passer for Auburn.  

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

So out of the greater than 15,000 or so players in the last decade, you have 5 examples - and out of those 5 - one is a player who received a $100 million deal in free agency because of his high level of production in the prior 6 seasons, one is an UDFA who made his way onto 2 NFL rosters, one is Wentz who isn't being criticized for not working hard but not being coachable. 

I would tend to agree.  However, when you keep hearing "great work ethic" from player evaluators, it seems that it's not really a given.

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Didn't the Titans just trade their 2020 first round OT Isaiah Wilson to the Dolphins for a bag of peanuts due to a piss poor work ethic? 

Well that plus getting drunk and doing stupid drunk stuff

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m down with that.  I will be going with at least one friend.  We are going to play Pinehurst on Saturday and either stay at Pinehurst Saturday night or stay in Charlotte Saturday night.   

Which course?

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I would tend to agree.  However, when you keep hearing "great work ethic" from player evaluators, it seems that it's not really a given.

its also a better answer than "lacks talent"

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I'm just listing notable examples for you since it seems incomprehensible to you that there are highly talented pro athletes who don't have the best work ethic once they get paid at the professional level. 

Also does refusing to be coached and refusing to do what a coach is trying to do in practice not call into question a players work ethic? 

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Kinda like "she has a nice personality" ?

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its a much nicer way of saying... 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks, Nick Sirianni, for that insightful peak behind the curtain.  

And Now a Word From ... Captain Obvious

And yet you were arguing Manu and AF against that point

Now that it’s been established Jalen Hurts is The Little Engine That Could I feel way more optimistic about the season. 

The entire NFL missed on Brady, and that includes the Patriots.   They got exceedingly lucky.   How do I know?  

Brady was not the first of their 6th round picks in 1999... he was the 2nd.  

They had to make sure that they didn't lose out of the greats they picked ahead of him.

Adrian Klemm - Round 2
JR Redmond - Round 3
Greg Randall - Round 4
Dave Stachelski - Round 5
Jeff Marriot - Round 5
Antwan Harris - Round 6

Tom Brady - Round 6

Without those pieces around Brady, there's no way that they win 1 Super Bowl, let alone 7.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yup. 

I just hope he plays 75% of the snaps this year. Don't wish him ill will or anything but it looks like he didn't do anything to change his mechanics.

Hope he plays more than 75% of the snaps but the difficult season means the Colts have a losing record.  

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Hope he plays more than 75% of the snaps but the difficult season means the Colts have a losing record.  

That division could also play itself out like the NFCE where basically anyone is in it late in the season, even with just 5 wins

Archived