EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

24 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Where did I say that Hurts is better than McNabb?  I just stated he has shown the ability to change the type of throw he is going to make depending on the situation unlike McNabb who really tried to put all his strength in almost every throw.  

"And again arm strength and arm talent are two different things. Arm strength is how far one can throw/velocity. Arm talent is that plus accuracy, release, making all the throws, throwing a catchable ball, etc. "

You listed all these things for what you qualify arm talent as and then I ask you how he is lacking in those areas and you say you never said those things.  You start drinking early today?

And I keep saying 52% completion percentage. It’s the only stat I need dog. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

46.9% in the second half if you need it dog.

Really high hopes for Stevens this year. Think he could beat out Wallace at SS.

7 hours ago, greend said:

ummm, what?

I mean i can’t wait til mahomes finally proves himself 

Nothing like the Hurts arguments brought back up every couple of days....

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nothing like the Hurts arguments brought back up every couple of days....

spacer.png

Come back tomorrow when we argue about his proverbial sayings and how that makes him QB1.

38 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh good, I was worried that we wouldn't see the hype machine for Ostman get started back up again.   And there he is, right on cue.

Joe "Anthony Barr" Ostman

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh good, I was worried that we wouldn't see the hype machine for Ostman get started back up again.   And there he is, right on cue.

I believed in Joe Ostman...until I saw him on the field during a real game. I'll be very surprised if he makes the team this year.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Come back tomorrow when we argue about his proverbial sayings and how that makes him QB1.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Really high hopes for Stevens this year. Think he could beat out Wallace at SS.

They are having him play LB.  So he just has to beat out the ghost of Nate Gerry.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

They are having him play LB.  So he just has to beat out the ghost of Nate Gerry.  

I heard if you say Nate Gerry three times that an eagles linebacker gets lost in coverage. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Avery moving is a last ditch effort to make something of that trade so far its a complete bust of a trade.  

Yeah, well he did have that ONE play against the 49ers where  he got in the backfield and disrupted something or other. 

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

There's plenty of competition at nickel LB.

Davian Taylor with zero instincts will get a shot, Shaun Bradley I assume will toss his name in Eric Wilson is familiar with the scheme.

I do like that Howie instead of drafting some obscure player from some obscure college no one has ever heard of just went and drafted a tweener in the 7th from a top school in the best college conference.

Stevens has played in big games against top competition, the moment won't be too big for him.

We'll see how he does I imagine he plays mostly special teams this year.

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, hukdonfoniks said:

I would be stunned if this team fielded three corners that were decent enough to play a 4-2-5 base defense.

Well you’ll be at least half right. I expect more like two corners and three safeties. The best box safety plays like an SLB, sort of. The LBs play off the A gaps. Of course, calling a guy a safety doesn’t make him one.

Guest justrelax

Compared to most of you a-holes I am sweetness and light. That appalls me.

And it should you too.  I hate be one of the few who talks about what a guy CAN do as opposed to what he can’t.

But hey. I am but a voice crying in the wilderness, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sorry. Spasm of a liberal education.

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Compared to most of you a-holes I am sweetness and light. That appalls me.

And it should you too.  I hate be one of the few who talks about what a guy CAN do as opposed to what he can’t.

But hey. I am but a voice crying in the wilderness, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sorry. Spasm of a liberal education.

image.jpeg.e3e73441302d9a081b19a31de8ab0363.jpeg

45 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I heard if you say Nate Gerry three times that an eagles linebacker gets lost in coverage. 

4CF8510F-CCE1-4AEF-8B0B-B01C6C44D0B0.jpeg

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Listen genius.  Your warped reasoning didn’t need to be explained.  We all get it.  Ruben Randle. 

I know the spelling is different, but talk slowly. He might read it quickly and go off on a tangent of how Jalen Hurts' intangibles have nothing to do with food.

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

I believe your point was entirely comprehensible which is why I also believe it is entirely off base and wrong. I am not, however, above examining my understanding of your point.  So let's start with your point, you stated: 

Unfortunately a great work ethic isn't something a lot of players have at this level.  - I take that to mean a "great work ethic" is rare among NFL players as in 1 in 1,000 players have a great work ethic.  

So what is a work ethic.  I mean it's the time and effort dedicated to being an NFL player.  Great is a relative term but you use it in a general sense as in work ethic being something that everyone has to some degree and in the NFL their work ethics should be compared to the general public.  So how hard do you have to work to be an NFL player vs. to be let's say an entry level business analyst. An NFL player to have a "great" work ethic would have to spend lets say twice as much effort,  mean time working out, practicing, reviewing film, working with trainers, peers and coaches, than a person does to lets to be an entry level business analyst or some other entry level job with a college degree.  I would guess that most entry level jobs don't require the kind of dedication and effort that NFL rookies put into getting drafted.  Certainly having skill helps but if you are telling me it doesn't require more work ethic than average to be an NFL player, I don't think that argument holds any water.  Moreover, the effort to continue an NFL career when most players have injuries, competition on a week to week basis to stay employed, physical decline in skill with age, versus almost any other job that tends to get easier with time, I think your point gets worse and even more off base.  

I absolutely believe that not all professional athletes have the same level of work ethic as others.  The average NFL career lasts 2.5 years.  I think a lot of guys get in the league, they get that rookie contract which pays them way more than they ever had in their life and they feel they have arrived.  They are young guys in their early 20's and now rich, they have young friends around them that encourage them to live a party life style and bankroll it for them and they begin to slack and not put in the work and before you know it they are out of the league.

I think you believe in Santa Claus if you think that that the majority of professional athletes share the same work ethic.  A lot of the great ones are for sure because you don't get to be great and maintain that greatness without a supreme work ethic.  And for sure all of the lesser talented players are that need to grind their way to make it and survive in professional sports like a Julian Edleman or a  TJ McConnel or a Trent Cole or a Brent Celek.  

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Oh okay, so you list all these things that determine what you call arm talent but when questioned on those things that you listed you can't actually articulate what he is lacking in those areas.  Again I somehow forgot for the second time today that when talking with you I have to remember that I am talking to someone of very limited mental capabilities who isn't able to actually articulate and defend their opinions.  

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Listen genius.  Your warped reasoning didn’t need to be explained.  We all get it.  Ruben Randle. 

Warped reasoning?  Aren't you the guy earlier today that kept arguing how Jalen Hurt's work ethic isn't unique when not a single person other than yourself said his work ethic was unique?  Oh yeah, yeah you are.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Oh okay, so you list all these things that determine what you call arm talent but when questioned on those things that you listed you can't actually articulate what he is lacking in those areas.  Again I somehow forgot for the second time today that when talking with you I have to remember that I am talking to someone of very limited mental capabilities who isn't able to actually articulate and defend their opinions.  

What starting qbs in the entire nfl are both less talented (arm talent) as passers AND less polished as passers than Jalen Hurts?

Lets list them.

Archived