EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Australian Shepard (Mini) Puppies | Luxury Puppies 2 U | Long IslandMy new dog.... Well, it is a puppy and looks just like this one....

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Tampa’s inside backers were the key , they took away middle of field, and their drops were beautiful , followed by their secondary and the coverage they ran , it was tight , this IMO allowed the pass rush to chase Mahomes around to the tune of 498 yards

Middle backers like that which can cover can drive a defense to success.  

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

Some thoughts on Gannon.

This means that going with the "left over" CBs probably wasn't an accident, they weren't drafting CBs high if they weren't a clear upgrade. Players like Taylor and Bradley will probably get a longer look under Gannon than Schwartz. Safeties are interchangeable. Cover 2/cover 3 concepts with press coverage underneath.

Interesting thoughts.  I suspect we see more Cover 1 than you do.   Both Eberflus  and Zimmer do use it when they can.  I think Slay and McPhearson can play many well enough to play some Cover 1. May be press man instead of off man.  I can see some Cover 1 Robber with a LB or Wallace/Epps or the slot nickel in the robber role. I am hopeful we see more coverage disguise than we ever saw with Schwartz.  Drove me crazy how the DBs would drop so early into off man.

58 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But they couldn't beat the Cardinals twice to get there, even though they crushed them on Thanksgiving night.

I blame McNabb

Guest justrelax
15 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Silly me for actually understanding the meaning of words.   Forgive me.  

Actually is unnecessary there, as are most adverbs. I forgive you though.

46 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Actually is unnecessary there, as are most adverbs. I forgive you though.

Said pedantically.

7 hours ago, greend said:

And that means we should all feel like he's good enough to be our starter?

I mean what other realistic options did we have after trading Wentz? I really didn't love the 1st round QBs that were within our range. Seems like a good idea to roll with him for at least just this year. But if I could go back I rather draft someone else at number 2 and keep Wentz but that isn't how it works

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

False. he had 774 in 2018 with 1 and 812(i think) with 2. 

But sure. 

Why are you talking about the super bowl and looking at 2018? It was the 2017 season and the playoffs were in Jan and Feb 2018 which counts toward the 2017 season.

663 during the season and 162 during the SB run. He had 3 for the 2017 season. In any event it’s not a good example of lucky. It’s a player whose paid to make plays making a play. Lucky is Foles throwing a sure interception only for Neal to jump for no reason at all, have the ball bounce of his knee and go right to Smith who turned it into a big gain and turned a close game completely around.

3 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

I mean what other realistic options did we have after trading Wentz? I really didn't love the 1st round QBs that were within our range. Seems like a good idea to roll with him for at least just this year. But if I could go back I rather draft someone else at number 2 and keep Wentz but that isn't how it works

That said you don't have to think he's going to be good, right?  

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

IF and it's a big IF, Brooks and Johnson stay healthy that would be huge.  

3 hours ago, greend said:

5ag0g0.jpg

But don’t confuse him with bette midler

spacer.png

Caught Steichen's presser yesterday. Most notable thing for me was how in awe he was at the quality of Kelce and Lane. We've been spoiled on the OL for a long time and many fans I see online take a top-10 OL for granted.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But they couldn't beat the Cardinals twice to get there, even though they crushed them on Thanksgiving night.

Was at that cardinals game. One of the worst games I’ve gone too. If the eagles showed up for the first half and if gocong makes a tackle on Hightower in the backfield that game is completely different. Only positive that day was walking to my car Duce Staley talked to me and got me to my car after having things thrown at me cause i was wearing an eagles jersey 

Guest justrelax
36 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

IF and it's a big IF, Brooks and Johnson stay healthy that would be huge.  

Literally.

19 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

You’re not trading up to #1 — that hasn’t brought a SB QB in how long?

You draft the correct QB at #10 or 12 like Mahomes or Watson, and let the Browns and Jets of the world draft Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold at the top of the draft 

Do you think Luck had the skillset and talent to take the team to the SB if they didn't get him to retire early from neglecting the Oline for years?

Oh man QB1 bro he trains so hard dude..... yeah gives it all never misses rent man... 

GTFOH with that rah rah BS. You don’t see top notch QBs getting hyped like this. Bottom line... he’s an average QB and above average athlete so there will always be this cheesy bro sh!t they have to pump up. 

AF97B0DA-953C-4704-81C4-72154FBA1752.jpeg

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Oh man QB1 bro he trains so hard dude..... yeah gives it all never misses rent man... 

GTFOH with that rah rah BS. You don’t see top notch QBs getting hyped like this. Bottom line... he’s an average QB and above average athlete so there will always be this cheesy bro sh!t they have to pump up. 

You don't see top notch QBs getting hyped like this?  What are you so dimwitted you think that picture of him is from when he said the quote?  That was during his press conference a few days ago when he was asked if he minds having to compete for the starting job.  He couldn't have possibly said it in more of a calm demeanor than he did.

Such a pathetic hater.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What are you so dimwitted you think that picture of him is from when he said the quote? 

Overall I get your post and your point bud... But what are you even doing with this? Where does he even suggest that picture is when he said the quote? And why does it even matter?

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Overall I get your post and your point bud... But what are you even doing with this? Where does he even suggest that picture is when he said the quote? And why does it even matter?

When he said "You don't see top notch QBs getting hyped like this"

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You don't see top notch QBs getting hyped like this?  What are you so dimwitted you think that picture of him is from when he said the quote?  That was during his press conference a few days ago when he was asked if he minds having to compete for the starting job.  He couldn't have possibly said it in more of a calm demeanor than he did.

Such a pathetic hater.  

Yeah bro!!! JH pays his ma fuuggin rent dawg... 

RAAWWWRRRRRRR

Archived