EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Hate to say it but you see Tom Brady hyped up like this all the time both on the field and on the sidelines with his team. Honestly I have seen a lot of great QBs hyped up like that. Don;t see this any different. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, greend said:

That said you don't have to think he's going to be good, right?  

Nah but I rather hope that he is

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah bro!!! JH pays his ma fuuggin rent dawg... 

RAAWWWRRRRRRR

A kid who prays at the alter of Nick Foles who is only able to speak in clichés is losing his crap about Hurts using a metaphor to answer a question.  Comical. 

27 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Oh man QB1 bro he trains so hard dude..... yeah gives it all never misses rent man... 

GTFOH with that rah rah BS. You don’t see top notch QBs getting hyped like this. Bottom line... he’s an average QB and above average athlete so there will always be this cheesy bro sh!t they have to pump up. 

AF97B0DA-953C-4704-81C4-72154FBA1752.jpeg

Do you hate him this much just because of RTK?

I not sure how this can be spun into a negative. You rather he say the job should be his and he shouldn't have to compete?

He said that quote the other day at his press conference in response to the QB competition and him not being named starter. What a weird bone to pick

9 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

Do you hate him this much just because of RTK?

I not sure how this can be spun into a negative. You rather he say the job should be his and he shouldn't have to compete?

The cheesy sayings don’t do it for me. I’d rather him say that he views himself as QB1 so yeah. 

I just watched a story about Devonta Smith working out with Randy Moss before the draft. After 3 routes Randy couldn't stop talking about Smith. 

I have not been this excited for a pick really ever. 

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

A career backup playing out of his mind isnt lucky?

Gym Shortz calling back to back perfect games(probably his only 2) isnt lucky?:

Tom Brady having his first turn over all playoffs isnt lucky?

BG who didnt have a FF all year has one late in the most meaningful game of his life isnt lucky LOL. 

I can go on and on for DAYS about how lucky the Eagles got. 

A player playing well isn't luck.

A coach coaching well isn't luck.

A defensive player making a good play to force a fumble isn't luck.

A defensive player making a good play to force a fumble isn't luck.

The ONLY thing I can think of all damn season that would be considered lucky was the Foles pass against the Falcons that was batted into the air, resulting in a completion rather than an interception.

31 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

A kid who prays at the alter of Nick Foles who is only able to speak in clichés is losing his crap about Hurts using a metaphor to answer a question.  Comical. 

You’re the one who loses their crap anytime someone disagrees with you or even sees something slightly different. 

20 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

I just watched a story about Devonta Smith working out with Randy Moss before the draft. After 3 routes Randy couldn't stop talking about Smith. 

I have not been this excited for a pick really ever. 

Maybe Smith's routes can rub off a bit on Reagor.  If he could play like that with his athleticism and explosive ability, we might be on to something at WR.

Much like Wentz and much unlike Mcnabb, Hurts does have a knack for saying the right thing in front of a mic.  For a qb in this town, that does mean a little something.

33 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! See. I told you there would be an argument about Hurts metaphors 

It needs its own word for the hurts hate. Hurtist or jalenism

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Much like Wentz and much unlike Mcnabb, Hurts does have a knack for saying the right thing in front of a mic.  For a qb in this town, that does mean a little something.

Yup.  I watched his full interview.  He was laid back.  He wasn't rah rah at all.  He just answered the questions and answered them well.  In the end he'll be judged on the field by fans.  Being likable will buy you a little grace in this town but it won't last long if you don't back it up on the field.  Same goes for Sirianni who is the opposite of Hurts when it comes to interviews.  If he can prove he's a good coach nobody will complain that he's fired up during interviews.  Fans get too crazy this time of year with this crap because it's the only new football related stuff they can talk about.

Hurts honestly seems like a good dude and will probably be one of the most likable guys in any locker room throughout his career, which I think will be a long one. 

Hopefully he’s better than I think he’ll, but I’m pretty certain that in 7 months there will be much convo about who the QB in 2022 will be. Even if he plays better than I anticipate. 

Am I correct in understanding that all the negative toward Hurts is because of the concern that he is a 1-read QB? Is this the measure that will be primarily used to evaluate his play regardless of Ws or other offense stats with the underlying concern that a "1-read and take off" QB doesn't result in a top tier team?

I'm genuinely asking because I'm trying to understand all the negativity toward this kid

19 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Meh.  He never said the wrong thing, but he had a force field in front of him made out of titanium.  

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

There’s a lot to unpack here. 

Can’t make that sh!t up 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wasn't Golden Tate the one who found joy in banging his teammate's wives?

5 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Am I correct in understanding that all the negative toward Hurts is because of the concern that he is a 1-read QB? Is this the measure that will be primarily used to evaluate his play regardless of Ws or other offense stats with the underlying concern that a "1-read and take off" QB doesn't result in a top tier team?

I'm genuinely asking because I'm trying to understand all the negativity toward this kid

That concern is the biggest concern.  If the guy can't go through progressions at this level, he will continuously look like he did in the 2nd halves of games.  I'm absolutely giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I hope he is able to process and learn this skill.  Most NFL QBs can't.  Pointing to his senior year at Oklahoma is silly.  He had the best schemed offense against some of the worst defenses in the country.  He never had to get past his 1st read.   

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s quite the headline...

8 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

I think it’s just realism. From what you’ve seen of Hurts, how confident are you that he’ll be QB1 for even the next two years? I’m not confident at all. Doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for him to win every game. 

Hell, if he’s the starting QB in week 18 with the number 1 pick on the line, I’m still rooting for him to win. 

Archived