EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

34 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Our backup RT will be playing more snaps at RT than Lane over the next 2 years, so IMO, they are a big part of the plan.

They won't be spending a first round pick on a backup RT. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Utebird said:

No one is saying he isn't a good receiver and he wasnt an intregal part of the offense and the super bowl, the topic was about his Blocking which is and always has been horrendous.

As for him not getting crap why shouldn't he?

Dude didn't get a new contract so he mailed it in like a punk.👎

Not even close to accurate to be honest. Did he have a bad year- yes. Came back and played on a badly sprained ankle during a God Awful season, which basically no one does. Ertz should be in Eagles Ring of Honor when his career is over. Is he John Hannah as a blocker, heck no. Who freaking cares? Been an absolute stud since he’s been here.

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Thoughts?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Dillard is a natural LT, Mailata may be better suited to RT, but both should train at both spots.

Dillard should also be tried at LG, with his athleticism he could be a killa there.

We've had enough OL injuries to appreciate the value of flexible backups, if the OTs can play both sides, if Driscoll can play both G spots and fill in at RT, if DIckerson can play all three interior spots, you're close to injury proofed.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

If Dillard does not win the LT job, his upside becomes Winston Justice...an outstanding athlete with LT specs, but a rough start to his career, deficits in strength...best opportunity to be a long term asset is a pure blind side pass protector, but because the team never trusted him in that role, played out of position as a RT and was simply OK as a starter for 2 years until they looked to upgrade.

I remember a horrific night when they did.

31 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Not even close to accurate to be honest. Did he have a bad year- yes. Came back and played on a badly sprained ankle during a God Awful season, which basically no one does. Ertz should be in Eagles Ring of Honor when his career is over. Is he John Hannah as a blocker, heck no. Who freaking cares? Been an absolute stud since he’s been here.

I agree he should be in the eagles ring of honor and he also isn't above reproach.

He had a bad year whether he was injured or not he played like a chump all year.

Hes always been a soft player, sucks at yac sucks at blocking.

Like I said he was an elite big slot receiver for a few seasons and peaked during super bowl.

I'll always be appreciative of his contributions to the eagles and his individual accomplishments that helped the eagles win.

Hes a winner in my book and yet again that doesn't make him above reproach or criticism.

He played like 💩 last year as did the whole team if one isn't part of the solution one is part of the problem and last year Ertz wasn't part of the solution 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Some might say that he's in the best shape of his life. 

Yep, it's June. 

Has Spads said yet that, he gained 20 pounds of muscle...

Dillard might have been horrific at RT, but he had an entire year off from plying football. Surely he worked on his footwork and hand placement, etc from the right side during that time. 

41 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember a horrific night when they did.

We all remember that game my friend, and we all will, till the very end.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Dillard might have been horrific at RT, but he had an entire year off from plying football. Surely he worked on his footwork and hand placement, etc from the right side during that time. 

He better have.  I give benefit of doubt for 4 days prep.  He's now had months...

:offtopic:

I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, Know Life said:

I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share.

Carry on.

congrats..what's the strategy been?

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

congrats..what's the strategy been?

Thanks, man! I started out doing a simple calorie deficit (along with giving up sugar) and walking, but two and a half weeks ago I decided to give keto a try. I know it’s not for everyone but I’ve been pleased with the results so far.

15 minutes ago, Know Life said:

Carry on.

Awesome.  43 years old here and lost 34 lbs since March.  Congrats to you.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Awesome.  43 years old here and lost 34 lbs since March.  Congrats to you.

Congratulations, man! Wishing you continued success!

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

JJAW is gonna make the team now.. 😒

Unless Hightower does. I’d prefer bringing Jerry Rice out of retirement than either of those two. 

2 minutes ago, blindside said:

JJAW is gonna make the team now.. 😒

Unless Hightower does. I’d prefer bringing Jerry Rice out of retirement than either of those two. 

Frankly, I think that Max Magee might offer as much as JJAW.

32 minutes ago, Know Life said:

Carry on.

May I ask what was the driving force? 

I’m starting a health coaching gig so I’d love to hear what motivated you and what you did? Thanks and great job! 

3 hours ago, devpool said:

Dream scenario is it's a close battle that mailata wins and a desperate team asks for dillard and we get a first round pick in a trade. Eagles would never do it but I would in a heartbeat. 

Mailata has a chronic back and Lane has a chronic ankle.  Dillard could very well be one of the most important players on the OL 

1 hour ago, Know Life said:

Carry on.

Good job keep on keeping on!

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

May I ask what was the driving force? 

I’m starting a health coaching gig so I’d love to hear what motivated you and what you did? Thanks and great job! 

I hope you're #1 rule is eat Chipotle multiple times per week until it puts them in a coma.  

Chipotle GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, Know Life said:

Carry on.

WTGF!!!!

11 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I hope you're #1 rule is eat Chipotle multiple times per week until it puts them in a coma.  

Chipotle GIFs | Tenor

Part of the reason I got on this diet is I was sick of painting the inside of my toilet 3-4 times a day. 

I discovered avoiding the hot sauce and sour cream at chipotle is a smart move. Your stomach and TP supply stock will approve 

2 hours ago, Know Life said:

Thanks, man! I started out doing a simple calorie deficit (along with giving up sugar) and walking, but two and a half weeks ago I decided to give keto a try. I know it’s not for everyone but I’ve been pleased with the results so far.

Might have to give that a try.  I'm starting a journey to drop 50 lbs.

Archived