Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The whole issue becomes dealing with Kittle.

They love utilizing the slot also. Aiyuk their first round pick last year and they found a Diamond in the rough out of the slot now also.

I suspect Kittle and Hardman keep us busy all night. They run a RB rotation backfield so they will always have a fresh RB in. Some are hurt. Only way we win is to get to the QB(as usual) but I don't see us doing that much. To win(or even have chance) we would need to shut them down on downs 1 and 2 and pray the secondary doesn't get beat deep.We're also going to need long controlled grinding down the fields scores. Keeping their O off the field is key. But they have a very good defense, so that will be tough to do.This is a monumental task ahead of us. This will be a classic trench war game that I don't think we can win. One thing we CAN exploit are the 2 TE sets. They are very tough on passes to RB's in the flat.You gotta go up the gut with them(again a difficult task)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am taking two sheets this week for the football pool and taking the Eagles on one of them. The pool is over $1600 so would be a nice piece of change

We won 4 times last year, so we are playing with their money. Hopefully we can win at least once this season...

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

RB room is a mess in frisco. They can't decide who they want. No matter they won't need a running game with all their WR's and KITTLE  38-24 SF. I am being optomistic

Shannahan has proven he’ll run the ball down you throat with anybody

Mostert got hurt. Was he a great back anyway? In SF he was. But then their sixth round pick went for over 100 yards. Doesn’t seem to matter much. They play smash mouth style ball. Not sure we are ready for that at all. Our run D looks suspect. They will control the ball all day on us if we can’t slow it down. It isn’t disguise…we’ll know it’s coming….doesn’t mean we can stop it though.

57 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Shannahan has proven he’ll run the ball down you throat with anybody

They have some nice backs in the stable yet,but they also lost 2 good ones and they can't decide on a starter. Sermon was inactive last week. I suspect he will be activated this week along with Mitchell as the 1/2 with a dab of Hasty thrown in

1 hour ago, stine said:

Well, I am taking two sheets this week for the football pool and taking the Eagles on one of them. The pool is over $1600 so would be a nice piece of change

We won 4 times last year, so we are playing with their money. Hopefully we can win at least once this season...

GL. I made $2650 last week giving points away 😁

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Mostert got hurt. Was he a great back anyway? In SF he was. But then their sixth round pick went for over 100 yards. Doesn’t seem to matter much. They play smash mouth style ball. Not sure we are ready for that at all. Our run D looks suspect. They will control the ball all day on us if we can’t slow it down. It isn’t disguise…we’ll know it’s coming….doesn’t mean we can stop it though.

Yep,we have our work cut out this week and why I said we need slow grinding scores to keep them off the field(which is what we say every week lol). I suspect we will see Hurts take off alot more(out of necessity) this week

I'm looking for more outlet type short passes with the TE's and maybe even a Jjaw appearance. I hope to see those 10-12 yard crossing patterns more. They can be beaten with those as they are hard to defend. Quez in the slot like how he started off last week and make their D adjust. I wold open with that like we did last week and see if they are vulerable to it

2 hours ago, stine said:

I think that will be the main concern for the Eagles this week. Scheme against the run. What can we do to plug up the holes at the line? Do we bring in a safety? Last week they had the LB's keep their lanes and we shut down the running game of Atlanta for the most part. SF had a much better running game though... Main concern for our defense. We will see what happens...

Check out JG presser where he discusses the 49ers some of the concerns he mentioned was the Eagles were going to be multiple against the 9ers my take was his biggest concern was the9ers ability to to play Jimmy g and their rookie. So JG said he plans to be Multiple...in relation to both 9ers QB playing....another unique process he mentioned was that he wants all his players getting snaps every and any opportunity he has to get a bench player on the field he is gonna put them in the game....He has issues with a player being on the bench and bringing him in for injury or whatever and expecting him to play 60 snaps.. So he is going to use his bench players and get them on the field game by game. I like it and agree with this Common Sense approach.

We need to stay with them score wise. beating their defense will be tough to do. We're going to have to come up with some off the wall plays I believe. I also think we can use their over pursuit from their O line to our advantage. Going to be a long day If the mailman cannot slow Bosa down. I suspect we have an arsenal of "roll right" plays in place. I see Hurts taking off alot in this game,perhaps thats how we can beat them. Not many chinks in this teams armor, we're gonna have to play very well

6 minutes ago, Trini said:

Check out JG presser where he discusses the 49ers some of the concerns he mentioned was the Eagles were going to be multiple against the 9ers my take was his biggest concern was the9ers ability to to play Jimmy g and their rookie. So JG said he plans to be Multiple...in relation to both 9ers QB playing....another unique process he mentioned was that he wants all his players getting snaps every and any opportunity he has to get a bench player on the field he is gonna put them in the game....He has issues with a player being on the bench and bringing him in for injury or whatever and expecting him to play 60 snaps.. So he is going to use his bench players and get them on the field game by game. I like it and agree with this Common Sense approach.

JG and Jimmy G. These the same people?

I'm fairly surprised at only -3.5. If that holds I would have to take SF(just being honest)

14 minutes ago, Trini said:

They are down to 3 RB's(which is all you need really). I suspect they all play,however they all lack experience,so we need to exploit that. As far as the "bench" comment, I have to disagree as Sermon was not even active last week

7 hours ago, Infam said:

I call him: "The Undertaker”..

So week one, two of the biggest winners on the team were the Undertaker and the Gravedigger (Hargrave)! ☠️

LOL for me……The Crusher

1 hour ago, stine said:

JG - Trini is referring to John Gannon

We shut down Pitts/Ridley,I hope we can do that with Kittle

6 hours ago, stine said:

JG is Jonathan Gannon...Eagles DC....Jimmy G is One of the starting QB for the 9ers...he wasBrady's backup in NewEngland.

Beating rookies really not that impressive.

What would impress is making a game next wk, we beat them last yr so why not?

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Beating rookies really not that impressive.

What would impress is making a game next wk, we beat them last yr so why not?

Ryan and Ridley are rookies?

Archived