cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ryan and Ridley are rookies?

I took it as he was referring to Atlanta's D

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Trini said:

JG is Jonathan Gannon...Eagles DC....Jimmy G is One of the starting QB for the 9ers...he wasBrady's backup in NewEngland.

Thanks, I did not know Gannons first name. That was the confusion lol

John McMullen is reporting that Landon Dickerson, Davion Taylor were full go at practice. Dickerson could make his Debut at LG for BBrooks this week against the 9ers. McCleod is not back to full practice. But he is practicing on the side without contact. That right side with Dickerson and Lane Johnson could be formidable...I can't wait...Taylor is one of the fastest LB in the league  want to see his progression against a very talented 9ers Offense .

Salivating to see these kids get on the field.

OK, San Fran is going to try and pound the ball down our throats. What my worry is if we cannot stop it they will not change their game plan like Atlanta did. This game could get ugly if we cannot stop their running attack. Obviously Gannon's focus should be correcting that issue. Problem is I am not sure we have the personnel to stop them. Our LB's are average at best and I am being kind. They need to stay in their lanes and make the tackles.....

Anyway, I do feel we can move the ball on them. So hopefully we can put together some lengthy drives of our own.....

5 minutes ago, Trini said:

John McMullen is reporting that Landon Dickerson, Davion Taylor were full go at practice. Dickerson could make his Debut at LG for BBrooks this week against the 9ers. McCleod is not back to full practice. But he is practicing on the side without contact. That right side with Dickerson and Lane Johnson could be formidable...I can't wait...Taylor is one of the fastest LB in the league  want to see his progression against a very talented 9ers Offense .

Why take out Brooks? Seumalo would be my obvious choice....

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I took it as he was referring to Atlanta's D

Every team has rookies so I don't get it

33 minutes ago, Trini said:

What's wrong with Brooks?

27 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, San Fran is going to try and pound the ball down our throats. What my worry is if we cannot stop it they will not change their game plan like Atlanta did. This game could get ugly if we cannot stop their running attack. Obviously Gannon's focus should be correcting that issue. Problem is I am not sure we have the personnel to stop them. Our LB's are average at best and I am being kind. They need to stay in their lanes and make the tackles.....

Anyway, I do feel we can move the ball on them. So hopefully we can put together some lengthy drives of our own.....

OH I see the opposite. Our run D is pretty good and they lost 2 RB's. If I want to win, I beat us through the air. I get Kittle open often and while we are busy with their WR's, I hit Hardman also who should get nice match-ups

50 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH I see the opposite. Our run D is pretty good and they lost 2 RB's. If I want to win, I beat us through the air. I get Kittle open often and while we are busy with their WR's, I hit Hardman also who should get nice match-ups

Nope, The 2 RB's they have are better than both of Atlanta's. Compare the O-Lines and you will see the obvious advantage is San Fran. That is what they are going to try and establish right away. Book it!

Our run D is pretty good? They gave up like 160 yards in 20 minutes!  Then Atlanta did what we normally do and started passing.....

9 minutes ago, stine said:

Nope, The 2 RB's they have are better than both of Atlanta's. Compare the O-Lines and you will see the obvious advantage is San Fran. That is what they are going to try and establish right away. Book it!

Our run D is pretty good? They gave up like 160 yards in 20 minutes!  Then Atlanta did what we normally do and started passing.....

Almost every team has better RB's than ATL. That's a low bar there. Sure they will TRY to establish the run(all teams do) but I dont think it is sustainable

21 minutes ago, stine said:

RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG FPTS
  C. Patterson 7 54 0 14 6
  M. Davis 15 49 0 12 6
  K. Smith 2 13 0 8 2
  M. Ryan 2 8 0 8 6
   IDK what stats you are looking at my friend. They gave up 124 rushing yards ALL game,so I have no clue where you get 160 in 20 minutes

My concerns are more with Kittle and Hardman(assuming we can cover their other WR's). I think Aiyuk is out also(which helps our cause). I'm looking for a fairly close game, but I believe we are outgunned. We usually play ok vs them,so we shall see if Siri has any tricks for them. In my view this is  HUGE test for Hurts. We will truly know what we have after this game. Loved Siri's game plan vs ATL. We are going to see what Siri, Gannon and Hurts are made of this week. If we pull out a win,then my 6-7 game theory is gone and maybe Romo's(not sure if it was Romo) predictions were right(at 10 wins). This will be a really entertaining game for me,not just the "icing" players,but watching the trench wars

IDK if Dickerson plays,but he is a beast like Mailiata. Having those 2 on the left side would like trying to run through a brick wall. I could see a rotation keeping our lineman more fresh. That would certainly help. I know 2 games is jumping the gun,but if Hurts puts up numbers I will stop questioning his ability and I will have to buy in as it seems all the team members have already. I hear Ertz is "limited" if so, I could see Jjaw as a possible TE2 if Ertz can't go. Thoughts?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-49ers-niners-week-2-predictions-tv-stream-betting-odds-spread-advice-jalen-hurts/ We need to stuff their running game and get then down in points. They are not good playing from behind. The onus will be on Garappolo. One starting CB is out which bodes well for our passing game

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:
RUSHING ATT YDS TD LG FPTS
  C. Patterson 7 54 0 14 6
  M. Davis 15 49 0 12 6
  K. Smith 2 13 0 8 2
  M. Ryan 2 8 0 8 6
   IDK what stats you are looking at my friend. They gave up 124 rushing yards ALL game,so I have no clue where you get 160 in 20 minutes

OK, I must have heard it wrong on the radio this morning. But Atlanta's first three drives were almost all running and consisted of 178 total yards. The rest of the game they got 82 total yards!  So, you move the ball effectively running the ball then you stop? SF will run the ball on us much more effectively, unless Gannon can scheme something up. the 3rd drive ended around 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.... 20 minutes...

4 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, I must have heard it wrong on the radio this morning. But Atlanta's first three drives were almost all running and consisted of 178 total yards. The rest of the game they got 82 total yards!  So, you move the ball effectively running the ball then you stop? SF will run the ball on us much more effectively, unless Gannon can scheme something up. the 3rd drive ended around 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.... 20 minutes...

Some of those were passes to RB's in the backfield(flares/screens etc). Our LB's and S's need to cover those ends. So possibly thats what you thought when you said running game. They have 3 decent enough RB's still left even with 2 out. We need to stuff them on the line and cover those ends on screens. We need to get them down early,that will help take the running game away. Should be a total WAR on the scoreboard and in the trenches

Kempski predicts 26-24 Eagles. I'm looking at more of a shootout I guess. Should be a great game like the Ravens/Raiders game

John McMullen

@JFMcMullen | Stories
2021 RECORD: 0-1

PICK: 49ers 26, Eagles 21

The feel-good Eagles' opening win is replaced by a significant test in Week 2 when the San Francisco 49ers invade Lincoln Financial Field. The Niners have arguably the best running scheme in the NFL, something that matches up well against the Eagles' perceived weakness on the defensive side of the ball. The 49ers also have a game-wrecker on the defensive side in Nick Bosa and one of the leagues' best linebackers in Fred Warner. In other words, this should give us a much clearer view as to what Nick Sirianni and the Eagles really are after the Week 1 rout of the talent-deficient Falcons. 

What Kyle Shanahan doesn't really have is a superstar quarterback, at least until he gets rookie Trey Lance up to speed. For now, Jimmy Garoppolo will make sure the Eagles stay in this one into the fourth quarter where a game-shifting play should define it. Because the 49ers have more established playmakers, let's default to them.                             He says they have the best running scheme. I think the birds defeat that.it's just a gut feeling even though Moore exploded last week(against a bad Detroit defense). I also think this will be more of a shootout and I see scores in the 30's. If we can beat them up on defense,we can win this game(like last week but it won't be quite as bad-9ers are better than ATL)). Home opener for us also,that should take away the +3.5 with the 9ers beat up on defense. If we can slow down Bosa we have the offense to win. It should be a very close game. I think we can beat the odds. 38-31. I will take the Eagles

27 minutes ago, stine said:

Well it wasn't all that tough to snuff the ATL ground game. I agree this week will be tougher to do that, but I think we can limit it alot. On the O side we need Bosa stopped and I hope we added some "run right" plays for Hurts in the event he gets through. Our WR's should shine with the 9ers beat up secondary. I can see a few more plays for Gainwell than last week. We should be able to keep their D on their heels with the RPO. On the D side,we need to cover Kittle and Hardman,who is often overlooked. We can't leave him alone. IDK who draws the "cover Kittle" assignment,but it's not pretty as I suspect they go there often. Getting a consistent pass rush will help us alot.. I liked the in game adjustments made by Siri last week,he will need to do that again. Remember when Ped made NONE until 1/2 time?(aka play 30). yeah they got off to a hot start,but Siri adjusted and shut them down

Well it wasn't all that tough to snuff the ATL ground game. I agree this week will be tougher to do that, but I think we can limit it alot

My concern is on the edges. I think SF are good at getting you to go one way and then going the other. I think they'll bounce their RBs out wide and I fear that's where we may struggle. 

fOOTBALL POOL IS A ALL TIME HIGH THIS WEEK.... $1900!!  WOW IS ALL I can say. I hope I can pull one out lol

Well it wasn't all that tough to snuff the ATL ground game. I agree this week will be tougher to do that, but I think we can limit it alot. On the O side we need Bosa stopped and I hope we added some "run right" plays for Hurts in the event he gets through. Our WR's should shine with the 9ers beat up secondary. I can see a few more plays for Gainwell than last week. We should be able to keep their D on their heels with the RPO. On the D side,we need to cover Kittle and Hardman,who is often overlooked. We can't leave him alone. IDK who draws the "cover Kittle" assignment,but it's not pretty as I suspect they go there often. Getting a consistent pass rush will help us alot.. I liked the in game adjustments made by Siri last week,he will need to do that again. Remember when Ped made NONE until 1/2 time?(aka play 30). yeah they got off to a hot start,but Siri adjusted and shut them down

Was it so much we stuffed it, or did they go away from it....Maybe a bit of both....

This should be interesting matchup SF should be prepared for the RPO offense we are running… Should also have a pretty decent QB to run it in Trey Lance can’t beat you with his legs or arm. 

Should be a tough matchup but think both Ds have the edge think this game will come down to who protects the ball and the splash plays. 

Though if our run D doesn’t sure up could be in for a long day 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My concern is on the edges. I think SF are good at getting you to go one way and then going the other. I think they'll bounce their RBs out wide and I fear that's where we may struggle. 

I think they run at Wilson. The guy is a missed tackle waiting to happen.

Archived