Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 hours ago, stine said:

Why take out Brooks? Seumalo would be my obvious choice....

As I followed the string Spuds said Dickson could also get on the field in Jumbo package ....Hell put him and Mialata on the left side in a Goalline formation . Didn't find anything else publicly that Brooks wasn't starting or injured.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My concern is on the edges. I think SF are good at getting you to go one way and then going the other. I think they'll bounce their RBs out wide and I fear that's where we may struggle. 

Yep, that's what I said earlier we need to cover the ends

5 hours ago, stine said:

fOOTBALL POOL IS A ALL TIME HIGH THIS WEEK.... $1900!!  WOW IS ALL I can say. I hope I can pull one out lol

Was it so much we stuffed it, or did they go away from it....Maybe a bit of both....

Probably both,but continuing a run game thats not working wouldn't have worked either

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hardman plays for the Chiefs. Debo Samuel is the Niners WR

My bad

Watching Avery just fall down for no reason to give Davis that big early run. Nobody near him he just flops. Terrible!

12 hours ago, Trini said:

Dickerson could make his Debut at LG for BBrooks this week against the 9ers.

Did you mean for Seumalo?

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I hear Ertz is "limited" if so, I could see Jjaw as a possible TE2 if Ertz can't go. Thoughts?

IDK for sure. But I do like what I've seen from Stoll so far. 

7 hours ago, stine said:

fOOTBALL POOL IS A ALL TIME HIGH THIS WEEK.... $1900!!  WOW IS ALL I can say. I hope I can pull one out lol

Was it so much we stuffed it, or did they go away from it....Maybe a bit of both....

A bit of both. Arthur Smith abandoned the run a little early due to the point spread I believe. Reminded me of Pederson during the game. 

BOY The Giants suck. They shot themselves in the foot like 4 times or they would have won that game.

IF we don't spend one of uor first three picks on a LB next year, I give up. I can easily see a LB, DE and CB/S as the first three picks. Maybe a WR or O-Line also. But the first 4 picks need to be mostly on D....

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

A bit of both. Arthur Smith abandoned the run a little early due to the point spread I believe. Reminded me of Pederson during the game. 

Jebus I hope they aren't playing for point spreads 🤣

1 hour ago, stine said:

BOY The Giants suck. They shot themselves in the foot like 4 times or they would have won that game.

I thought "we are at least as good as BOTH teams". Although the NFCE is weak all the divisional teams seem to suck about the same lol. That vaunted Wuss defense didn't look so good to me

Through the years we always had Eli Mannings number and we always abused him on game day. Daniels looked like an Eli copy,so I can't wait to abuse HIM on game day and every game for the next decade lol

12 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK for sure. But I do like what I've seen from Stoll so far. 

Well supposedly Siri wants to "reward" him for being a good blocker by giving him a pass or 2,so this would be the game to do it 

1 hour ago, stine said:

IF we don't spend one of uor first three picks on a LB next year, I give up. I can easily see a LB, DE and CB/S as the first three picks. Maybe a WR or O-Line also. But the first 4 picks need to be mostly on D....

We say this every year lol. I think right now we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds?? We're going to have a nice influx of players no matter.All 5 of those spots you mention would be a great draft to me

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Through the years we always had Eli Mannings number and we always abused him on game day. Daniels looked like an Eli copy,so I can't wait to abuse HIM on game day and every game for the next decade lol

When he first was drafted by the Giants, My wife's first comment was he looks JUST like Manning!

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We say this every year lol. I think right now we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds?? We're going to have a nice influx of players no matter.All 5 of those spots you mention would be a great draft to me

I wish we have 5 picks. We have 4. We also have 2 5th rounders which can be used to move up in the later rounds 3 & 4......  Or we could move back in round 1 and gain another 2nd rounder.... Lots of possiblilties next draft assuming Hurts plays well.....

1 hour ago, stine said:

Davion Taylor will likely play this week. It will be interesting to see how he does. If he is able to play the coverage LB role, then LB isn't an issue. I wonder if the new scheme will be a better fit for him.

Singleton and Edwards are solid options at LB, and both are cost controlled for next season. As far as the defense goes, I would put corner and DT as our two biggest needs due to Cox and Slay being older/really expensive. Safety is probably next. And that's assuming we re-sign Barnett and Sweat. If we don't bring those guys back. DE is the biggest need.

LB is last in the line for me, even if Taylor struggles.  

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Davion Taylor will likely play this week. It will be interesting to see how he does. If he is able to play the coverage LB role, then LB isn't an issue. I wonder if the new scheme will be a better fit for him.

Singleton and Edwards are solid options at LB, and both are cost controlled for next season. As far as the defense goes, I would put corner and DT as our two biggest needs due to Cox and Slay being older/really expensive. Safety is probably next. And that's assuming we re-sign Barnett and Sweat. If we don't bring those guys back. DE is the biggest need.

LB is last in the line for me, even if Taylor struggles.  

That is the funniest thing I have read this year...... LB is fine? We don't have a LB that can shed a block to save his life. Oh do we have anyone that can tackle? Because it sure did not look like anyone could last week for the first 20 minutes....

2 hours ago, stine said:

CB feels like the highest priorty. Maybe double dip there. Could rebuild the Secondary to be trained under Gannon being that’s his specialty.

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not sure why you think the two QBs are similar. Eli didn’t run. Jones best asset seems to be him scrambling out of trouble. He rushed for like 95 yards. When did Eli ever run that much? Totally different style guys IMO

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

CB feels like the highest priorty. Maybe double dip there. Could rebuild the Secondary to be trained under Gannon being that’s his specialty.

Problem is we cannot seem to draft CB's. Maybe sign one as a FA next year? LB has been ignored for the last 20 years. It is about time we address it if the right player is available.

13 minutes ago, stine said:

That is the funniest thing I have read this year...... LB is fine? We don't have a LB that can shed a block to save his life. Oh do we have anyone that can tackle? Because it sure did not look like anyone could last week for the first 20 minutes....

Thought Bradley came in and had a pretty good game.

27 minutes ago, stine said:

When he first was drafted by the Giants, My wife's first comment was he looks JUST like Manning!

Eerie stuff

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not sure why you think the two QBs are similar. Eli didn’t run. Jones best asset seems to be him scrambling out of trouble. He rushed for like 95 yards. When did Eli ever run that much? Totally different style guys IMO

It was not their playing style she was referring to. More their looks and mannerisms.... Especially when he tosses a INT... That dumbfounded look Priceless

Archived