Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Taking one of our stud Dline off for Avery seems dumb. The 3-4 just doesn’t make a ton of sense for this personnel. They really stretching it to force the multiple looks it seems.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, stine said:

I wish we have 5 picks. We have 4. We also have 2 5th rounders which can be used to move up in the later rounds 3 & 4......  Or we could move back in round 1 and gain another 2nd rounder.... Lots of possiblilties next draft assuming Hurts plays well.....

OK I thought we had 3 1's and 2 2's still thats alot of picks for us

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Thought Bradley came in and had a pretty good game.

Ham. We need a Solid LB. We have not had anyone since Trot..... When was that? 2004?

23 minutes ago, stine said:

That is the funniest thing I have read this year...... LB is fine? We don't have a LB that can shed a block to save his life. Oh do we have anyone that can tackle? Because it sure did not look like anyone could last week for the first 20 minutes....

Not thrilled with our LB's either

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

CB feels like the highest priorty. Maybe double dip there. Could rebuild the Secondary to be trained under Gannon being that’s his specialty.

Well most last draft had a CB in round for us,but they never take those or LB's 

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Problem is we cannot see to draft CB's. Maybe sign one as a FA next year? LB has been ignored for the last 20 years. It is about time we address it if the right player is available.

Problem is they probably go for a rush LB to give 3-4 looks. Not sure that’s best for our bigger picture. If Gannon sticks around for awhile it could be alright. It’s almost like we are semi transitioning from 4-3 to 3-4. Just not sacrificing this season by doing the full switch in one off season. The draft picks you could see leaning towards this thinking.

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Ham. We need a Solid LB. We have not had anyone since Trot..... When was that? 2004?

Bradham was a huge addition and transformed the D…for what? Two years there.

I guess the question is- " Do we ever want to have a top 5 Defense again?" If we do, then we need to start addressing all positions, not just the D-Line....

OK lets get picky down to how his DNA lines up. ALL QB's are taught to run now, but otherwise he is a Manning clone. He even sets like Manning and his arm motion is the same and I hope to abuse him on game day. Eli had a better O line than Daniels has ever had

BTW on draft picks, it's still TOO early to say "we don't need a QB" and TOO early to say "we don't need a WR " so we'll see how this season shapes up. Seeing Hurts play this week will go  along way as to how I think about next draft Smith is the real deal,Reagor seems to be coming on(but too early to know). Our defense will be tested this week and we will see weaknesses exposed

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW on draft picks, it's still TOO early to say "we don't need a QB" and TOO early to say "we don't need a WR " so we'll see how this season shapes up. Seeing Hurts play this week will go  along way as to how I think about next draft Smith is the real deal,Reagor seems to be coming on(but too early to know). Our defense will be tested this week and we will see weaknesses exposed

Don’t forget Quez. I’m liking that cat.

I’m expecting this young team to be a little up and down. Media and non hardcore fans always put everything on the QB. But we know the truth is much more complicated. If the coaches have a terrible gameplan…then we’ll get punished. Happens to all coaches. Not too mention the whole rest of the team. But I fully expect us to lay some egg games. We just aren’t that good a team to be looking good every week. Youth also adds to that consistency 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t forget Quez. I’m liking that cat.

Fine with him,but we can still keep upgrading. I love Olave from OSU

But we could go two CB a S and a LB. Thought it was the plan to bring in Siri to develop our WR. And Gannon is a Secondary expert. Draft and develop those. That way if the coaches are only here a short while we take care of those areas at least developing.

I would love that Ham. But HR never does what I want so I can only hope he just gets part of the problem taken care of. LB and CB/S would be fine for now,,,,,

Our OC Steichen called out Bosa and WArner as the gameplan revolving around. Not sure what you can do to combat those two. Warner can do everything. Do you run at him and try to get a blocker like Kelce on him or…run away from him? He’s got the speed and is great in pursuit. He’s not the matchup in the passing game at all. Wonder how much he matches up with Goedert? Definitely change our team not utilizing the TE.

Extremely weak LB group next draft. I don't see us taking 1 in round 1. Only 1 worth taking and that would have to be with our first pick and you KNOW we won't do it. So, I am looking at 1,2,3 as Olave at WR, Gardner-CB-Cincy and Battle-S- Alabama(assuming picks 8,20 and 24)

9 hours ago, stine said:

Problem is we cannot seem to draft CB's. Maybe sign one as a FA next year? LB has been ignored for the last 20 years. It is about time we address it if the right player is available.

I wouldn’t say this year depends on Gannon in Co. secondary look much improved in the first game though Ryan was held to under 200 yards I believe. 

Hoping to see Dickerson. Thankfully only guys on final injury injury report are S - Epps "Questionable/FP/post - concussion" and S - McCleod "Out/LP".

Can't wait to see the secondary with a healthy McCleod. Should make quite a noticeable difference! 

Archived