EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mans game 

Big Bump and Hit GIFs in Australian Rules Football (AFL) - Album on Imgur

Yeah he'll look super cool to the ladies when he's in a bed slurping from a straw waiting for his nurse to change his diaper.👎

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It does kinda come off as high school harry, at least to me

I think as long as he doesn't take it as far as Jim zorn did he'll be fine.

That dude was a clown show.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It does kinda come off as high school harry, at least to me

I wouldn't mind if Lurie has Dick Vermeil consult once in a while with Nick and our young staff.  I think they could use a vet HC consultant who has learned over the years from what works and what doesn't.  Just keep it behind closed doors so the media doesn't blow it up into more than it would be. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I wouldn't mind if Lurie has Dick Vermeil consult once in a while with Nick and our young staff.  I think they could use a vet HC consultant who has learned over the years from what works and what doesn't.  Just keep it behind closed doors so the media doesn't blow it up into more than it would be. 

If they trusted Siri enough to make him HC then they should be fine with his leadership style. He shouldn’t meet with anyone unless he’s the one asking for it. 

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Isn't that what they said when a player was going to be out for months?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Soon can mean 2022. 

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

🙄 this is the kind of juvenile rah rah $hit that is going to turn several players off 

Sounds to me like you made up your mind on Sirianni the day he was hired and now are just looking for any reason you can find to back up that position.  

44 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis

had chipotle for lunch… finished 5 minutes ago… guess where I am now 

How can you get calories from something that slides through your colon 5 minutes after eating it?

54 minutes ago, RLC said:

Some interesting numbers here

Thanks for posting this.  These are one dimensional data analytics.  Predictive analytics would probably factor in multiple variables together to determine what actions likely result in favorable outcomes.  This has all the predictability of you score more points than the opposition, you win.    A predictive model would be something like when the score differential is greater than five in the fourth quarter and the offense holds the ball for greater than x minutes, while successfully running the ball for first downs greater than x percentage of the time, the likelihood of winning is y.  

I would be real curious to see what sort of models, the Eagles analytics department cranked out.  Lurie seems to be a believer.  I think Chip was because they had the sports science guys doing all sorts of probing and measuring of players.  I suspect some of the game review with Doug was data related. Sort of Coach, you passed on third and one into zone when the team was down by three.  What was your reasoning?   Followed by, our analytics show you are successful 79% of the time running a sweep to the right into zone.  Possibly followed by the coach explaining why he didn’t think that would work (we ran sweep right three times already and the third time they diagnosed it and stopped it, that sort of thing) or possibly appreciating the input because it was more information he could use. That sort of discussion wouldn’t surprise me. 

The issue with predictive analytics is if it is predictive to the Eagles, it is predictive to the opponent.  We all heard how other teams talk about the Eagles offense as being predictable.  Now, I have a strong belief that Doug was ineffective on his own without Reich and became stale.  But part of me wonders if the Monday meetings and quite possibly the role analytics played in those conversations had an impact on the Eagles predictability too.

13 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

If they trusted Siri enough to make him HC then they should be fine with his leadership style. He shouldn’t meet with anyone unless he’s the one asking for it. 

A lot of coaches consult with other coaches. Andy did it a lot. If I were Lurie and Howie, I would've brought it up during the interview process. It's not about being a threat or an order.  And, it wouldn't be a weekly thing or even a monthly thing...just as needed.    It should be presented as an option for Nick and should've been done before hiring as a way to help him feel more comfortable.  Also, many first year coaches might not want to ask on their own because they might fear that ownership might see it as a sign of weakness.   Most young coaches want to be able to bounce things off of other coaches, but some might not have as many League connections as others.  Vermeil would be the perfect guy because he came in young and he would probably admit that he wished he had someone to run things by when he first started.

Data: The NFL team that scored more points then the opponent won 100% of the games

SCIENCE!

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

Sounds to me like you made up your s on Sirianni the day he was hired and now are just looking for any reason you can find to back up that position.  

Naw I actually was ok with the hiring until he started speaking. 

39 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Why???

Come on these are grown millionaires. The Pom Pom waving is typically unnecessary. These players want to be coached, not cheerleaded 

Davion Taylor talks so GD fast. Pretty sure he didn't take a breath for a solid 3 minutes.

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Plus no one else offering him a contract

8 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Data: The NFL team that scored more points then the opponent won 100% of the games

SCIENCE!

Not if you're a Saints fan

26 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

An OL can play through a slight hammy pull more than a skill player or back seven defensive player can. It’s Lane’s fault with Issac and Brooks trying to meet his squat challenges and jumps in the Bro Barn.  They probably just have tired hamstrings.  They’ll rub some dirt on it and be fine.

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Come on these are grown millionaires. The Pom Pom waving is typically unnecessary. These players want to be coached, not cheerleaded 

Yet a lot of these millionaire athletes still play video games and the like a lot of them are still just kids, the frontal cortex in men isnt usually fully developed until 25 so they aren't all fully grown😉

I think there can be some value in non typical teaching moments, keep things fresh, it's not the military why not have some fun?

I have found that when people enjoy their jobs and it's fun to them they are more productive 

All the silly things Siriani does may seem juvenile or silly yet in the end football is just a juvenile silly game.

38 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Dick Vermeil? He hasn't coached in a thousand years..............................................................no thanks

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Plus no one else offering him a contract.

First mask I have seen on an Eagle.  Wonder if he is vaccinated and if not, was the delay in any team signing him related and allowed Howie to get him on a cheap and incentive laden contract.  

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

you coach mindset as well as technique and scheme

Just now, BigEFly said:

First mask I have seen on an Eagle.  Wonder if he is vaccinated and if not, was the delay in any team signing him related and allowed Howie to get him on a cheap and incentive laden contract.  

I mean I would rather it be that vs he just stinks.

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

The libs now say you have to wear the mask even if vaccinated.  Cable news needs to be fed. 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Dick Vermeil? He hasn't coached in a thousand years..............................................................no thanks

Not for on field strategy, more for motivational/leadership building.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Not for on field strategy, more for motivational/leadership building.

He probably has no idea how to motivate these young kids. Let the guy who's from this millennium do it. 

Archived