EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

12 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

The ertz hate is irrational and represents the worst negadelphia reputation. The guy has been a warrior his entire career, was the one offensive piece that was reliable last year and paid the price by getting killed multiple times over the middle for a hopeless team. Wake up. These men feel pain too. He’s not a robot. Going to the locker room and getting the shot doesn’t take it all away. 

Ertz has not been a warrior. And he sure as hell wasn't "reliable" last year.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Never mind Goedert; Richard Rodgers was twice as productive with fewer targets.

I mean I didn't even know Julie had an acct here

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Good god, now he’s Tim Tebow

Nothing wrong with a little prayer before practice

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Can we stop with the "warrior" BS?  It's disrespectful for real warriors.  Men and women who protect us all.  Certainly not someone who goes down at first contact or ducks out of fear from Vontaze Burfict and has pouted and gave less that ideal effort this past year because he wanted a new deal.  

Not sure WTH your last sentence even means.  

Yep.  But I am pretty sure I heard the director say "action" in that clip.  

Yeah the Ertz defenders are strange ones. Dude gave us some really good to great years, and was absolutely instrumental in 52. Will always be remembered well by the fan base I imagine. But last year, and now this year, sulking about not getting a new deal and now sulking that he wants to be with his buddy Wentz....well, he can get bent. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

This may sound callous but in the real world people die, you get 3 days off from work and then you go back to work. 

That's a great point.  Shoot, I got one day off for my grandfather passing.  One more area where it looks like we coddle athletes.  Not diminishing the fact that he lost a buddy, it sucks. 

Starting to look like Reagor and Dillard are indeed "busts". I usually try to stick up for younguns until I have to finally admit it but I'm going with suck on these two. I sure hope Smith utrns out to be super man cause man we suck at drafting

Reagor desperately needs a quiet period where he can consistently practise and play games.  Everything with him so fair, has been too stop/start for a number of reasons; there is never a period where he just quietly goes about his business.

I know some guys on here think Herbig is trash.  I really think he's going to become a solid player for us.  Maybe a guy to compare him to, although a different position, would be Hank Fraley.  Hank was disgustingly fat but became a key part of that O-line.  I think Herbig got a taste last year and realized what he needs to do.  What I like to see is the things we have discussed on here...fixing his body...are what he is focusing on.

With Isaac Seumalo sidelined and listed as week-to-week with a hamstring issue, the Eagles have seemingly been in good hands with Nate Herbig stepping in.

Herbig is building on the success he had in 2020 when the undrafted free agent from 2019 was pressed into action. He made 12 starts and played in 15 games last year, and generally drew praise from line coach Jeff Stoutland and his teammates.

This year, though, Herbig has looked even better, though it has been just two days.

It’s no wonder since he worked out with Lane Johnson and told the team’s website that it was the hardest offseason he has ever had.

"He went from about 355 to 325, so we ran the hell out of him,” said Johnson. "We had a hard offseason with him. Man, he’s been great. He has a great attitude. I think when he stepped in last year, he performed very well. He’s just going to keep progressing and going on. As far as his body, he’s taking it a lot more serious than he used to and he’s looking really good.”

11 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Reagor desperately needs a quiet period where he can consistently practise and play games.  Everything with him so fair, has been too stop/start for a number of reasons; there is never a period where he just quietly goes about his business.

That's the problem...he's in Philly.  The Philly sports media act like moths to a light when it comes to player drama.  They are going to hound him and not let things go.  I'm not calling him a bust, I want the best for him and think he can be a legit offensive weapon.  For him to reach his true ceiling he would most likely be better off on a different team where the spotlight would be off him.

Maybe he can fade in to the background with all the QB talk here and DeVonta Smith in town but that doesn't seem likely.  I'm not taking any blame off his shoulders or saying that he doesn't need to step it up big time but our sports media really is the worst.

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That's the problem...he's in Philly.  The Philly sports media act like moths to a light when it comes to player drama.  They are going to hound him and not let things go.  I'm not calling him a bust, I want the best for him and think he can be a legit offensive weapon.  For him to reach his true ceiling he would most likely be better off on a different team where the spotlight would be off him.

Maybe he can fade in to the background with all the QB talk here and DeVonta Smith in town but that doesn't seem likely.  I'm not taking any blame off his shoulders or saying that he doesn't need to step it up big time but our sports media really is the worst.

Agree.  His maturity issues have been exposed by the media and the spotlight they have on the players.  Smith could provide him the leadership he needs - get there early, do the right things etc where last year, he didn't have that.

2 hours ago, greend said:

This may sound callous but in the real world people die, you get 3 days off from work and then you go back to work. 

Unless it is immediate family, I get 1 day for the funeral, unless I take personal days.

2 hours ago, greend said:

Honestly I don't know. I could look but meh

Fair enough.   I could too, but was too lazy to check.

Are we not going to talk about Goedert failing his conditioning test too? All this about Reagor but, at least he has somewhat of an excuse. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Unless it is immediate family, I get 1 day for the funeral, unless I take personal days.

Yep, pretty much standard across the board.  

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Are we not going to talk about Goedert failing his conditioning test too? All this about Reagor but, at least he has somewhat of an excuse. 

Someone said he did the drill wrong which cost him extra time or something. 

51 minutes ago, greend said:

Starting to look like Reagor and Dillard are indeed "busts". I usually try to stick up for younguns until I have to finally admit it but I'm going with suck on these two. I sure hope Smith utrns out to be super man cause man we suck at drafting

Nah... Howie knows what he's doing.  It was all the others around him that screwed up.

I haven't been able to find the information.  When do padded or at least shell practices start?

48 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I don't understand what you are getting at.

42 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I know some guys on here think Herbig is trash.  I really think he's going to become a solid player for us.  Maybe a guy to compare him to, although a different position, would be Hank Fraley.  Hank was disgustingly fat but became a key part of that O-line.  I think Herbig got a taste last year and realized what he needs to do.  What I like to see is the things we have discussed on here...fixing his body...are what he is focusing on.

For the record, I've always called him a decent depth player, but not a guy you want to be starting all 16 games unless there's an injury in TC/PS.   I just don't see Herbig as a starter.  That doesn't make him trash, it just makes him limited.   If we are going for blasts from the past, I'd liken him more to Nick Cole than Hank Fraley.

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Honestly, it's inexcusable for either one.   These guys don't have side jobs like in the 50s and 60s.  

tenor.gif?itemid=11509538

Come to camp in shape.

46 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

With Isaac Seumalo sidelined and listed as week-to-week with a hamstring issue, the Eagles have seemingly been in good hands with Nate Herbig stepping in.

Herbig is building on the success he had in 2020 when the undrafted free agent from 2019 was pressed into action. He made 12 starts and played in 15 games last year, and generally drew praise from line coach Jeff Stoutland and his teammates.

This year, though, Herbig has looked even better, though it has been just two days.

It’s no wonder since he worked out with Lane Johnson and told the team’s website that it was the hardest offseason he has ever had.

"He went from about 355 to 325, so we ran the hell out of him,” said Johnson. "We had a hard offseason with him. Man, he’s been great. He has a great attitude. I think when he stepped in last year, he performed very well. He’s just going to keep progressing and going on. As far as his body, he’s taking it a lot more serious than he used to and he’s looking really good.”

disgustingly fat ?

nah

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Someone said he did the drill wrong which cost him extra time or something. 

We need someone who can communicate with today's athletes to explain the drill, apparently.   I nominate this guy: 

tenor.gif?itemid=4268889

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I haven't been able to find the information.  When do padded or at least shell practices start?

Spads said on Monday

Archived