EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greend said:

Taco Bell would be the McDonalds of Mexican food in my book.

I dont disagree, but isnt McDonalds the owner of Chipotle?

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

My biggest concern on this team are WRs. I'm more comfortable with Hurts as our QB than anyone behind Smith as being a competent WR.

Naw. I’m more concerned with a QB no one is really sold on and an OL unable to stay healthy. 

Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Those 10 career tackles....man

This guy looks the part and that's about it 

19 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I wonder what the actual test was. The 110 test, the beep test, etc. And how badly did they fail it? Regardless, how the hell can you not pass the test as a professional athlete in the prime of your life? 

Fair question... its only their job to be in shape.  And unlike the old days, they don't need a second job to pay the rent.  

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

BOOOOOOM

He's already had hip surgery in his first year with the Raiders. Since then he has bounced around from the Pats to 49ers.   

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He's already had hip surgery in his first year with the Raiders. Since then he has bounced around from the Pats to 49ers.   

Great. He comes in pre-broken.

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Melifonwu had a try out around the rookie mini camp time didn't he?

Thats what I thought as well?

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Depth for when McLeod isn’t ready.  Hmmm

Maybe he runs fast

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

BOOOOOOM

Wrong Melifonwu! Damnit Howie 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Wrong Melifonwu! Damnit Howie 

Wrong Obi.

th?id=OIP.0kSy-TPEAdD2Y3el_Iz35gHaEJ&pid=Api&P=0&w=345&h=194

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Thats what I thought as well?

It was him and another player they signed from that tryout - Casey Tucker. I thought it was a dead end as they signed other players since.

12 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Great. He comes in pre-broken.

It’s more efficient if you don’t have to make the time to break them yourself. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s more efficient if you don’t have to make the time to break them yourself. 

Plus, they can use the term "refurbished".  

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

It was him and another player they signed from that tryout - Casey Tucker. I thought it was a dead end as they signed other players since.

Could just be a camp body the dude has been pretty bad since being drafted.

If I remember there was talk of the eagles trying him out at CB Instead if safety.

At 6'4" 224 he'd be a huge corner. 

Not sure he has the hips to play corner but we know he can't tackle at safety so maybe a try at corner is the next step before he's selling insurance.

Just now, Utebird said:

Could just be a camp body the dude has been pretty bad since being drafted.

If I remember there was talk of the eagles trying him out at CB Instead if safety.

At 6'4" 224 he'd be a huge corner. 

Not sure he has the hips to play corner but we know he can't tackle at safety so maybe a try at corner is the next step before he's selling insurance.

Some in the local media have listed him as a Safety, which would make more sense, unless a player like Jacquet or Tyre Fitter Street Agent whose name temporarily escapes me are being let go.

9 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Wrong Obi.

th?id=OIP.0kSy-TPEAdD2Y3el_Iz35gHaEJ&pid=Api&P=0&w=345&h=194

Do they still have turkey hill post of the day, cuz this gets my vote👍😄

23 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Should've brought in Malik Hooker if we were going the injured route. At least he has a high ceiling. Oh wait...we have no cap space because of Slim Shady strolling the practice field with his shorts inside-out. 

Feel bad for Reagor. Mental Health is real and you can see it affecting him. Hopefully with Smith playing well, it can give him room to grow into the offense.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Feel bad for Reagor. Mental Health is real and you can see it affecting him. Hopefully with Smith playing well, it can give him room to grow into the offense.

Do the Eagles employee team psychologists?  Seems every year we have a player dealing with some sort of mental issue.  Would be great if these guys had someone to talk to on the daily if needed.

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Honestly, F Goedert too. Don't give him any contract, one of the positions this franchise has managed to do extremely well with is tight end. 

I mentioned the other day there’s been nothing on that front for months now about an extension. We can say it’s cause of ertz but even them talking and working toward something or any  info about they are gonna get it done has come out. I’m not sold the eagles are willing to pay him what he thinks he’s worth and I’m guessing he thinks in FA he can get paid if he does  

that said I would like to see what tyree jackson looks like throughout the preseason. I don’t think he is remotely the answer but i do think at his size and his QB background to think he can be a quality backup at TE at some point in time 

Archived