EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But can he run 22 mph?  🤔

Doesn’t really matter, just a camp body.  Weighs more than Smith.  Just another player for Jackson to truck.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

BOOOOOOM

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if hes lined up at LB. 

They only have 3 active S and Elijah Riley. Melifonwu probably is just here to take some reps off the other guys. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut once Adams comes off the COVID list 

RIP Ron Popeil.  
No more will I here those magic words, "But wait, there’s more……”

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They only have 3 active S and Elijah Riley. Melifonwu probably is just here to take some reps off the other guys. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s cut once Adams comes off the COVID list 

Point noted.  iIRC, the time for release from the Covid list is pretty short if a contact exposure and two negative tests. 

39 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But can he run 22 mph?  🤔

Talk about one of the silliest things for a player to set as a goal.  

Regarding Reagor...gotta feel for the guy losing a buddy, however, it's totally typical of an Eagles WR draft pick as of late.  

Smith better be a freaking home run.

As a college football fan, I hate this.  With NIL and the potential of super conferences, college football is taking a turn for the worse.  Can't things just stay as they are for once.  I don't want things to stay stagnant but goodness, greed is killing things.

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I like it. Are we ever going to get a LB though?

1 hour ago, Allhaildawk said:

The ertz hate is irrational and represents the worst negadelphia reputation. The guy has been a warrior his entire career, was the one offensive piece that was reliable last year and paid the price by getting killed multiple times over the middle for a hopeless team. Wake up. These men feel pain too. He’s not a robot. Going to the locker room and getting the shot doesn’t take it all away. 

Warrior his entire career is a bit much. I'd give that title to Celek bu not Ertz. Did you forget he used to fall down so he wouldn't get tackled?

FYI I don't hate him

From McLane's TC day 2 recap.  Oof

Dillard, though, had one of those days when you wonder what the heck Howie Roseman was thinking when he drafted the Washington State product. He had forgettable moments both in team and individuals.

40 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Talk about one of the silliest things for a player to set as a goal.  

Regarding Reagor...gotta feel for the guy losing a buddy, however, it's totally typical of an Eagles WR draft pick as of late.  

Smith better be a freaking home run.

yup.  Somehow I'm thinking he still doesn't get it and is just a track athlete.   Maybe he'll prove everyone that has doubted him wrong this year.  That would be nice.

39 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

As a college football fan, I hate this.  With NIL and the potential of super conferences, college football is taking a turn for the worse.  Can't things just stay as they are for once.  I don't want things to stay stagnant but goodness, greed is killing things.

gross.

BTW... greend does kill things.  He's a class A hunter, as I understand it.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

yup.  Somehow I'm thinking he still doesn't get it and is just a track athlete.   Maybe he'll prove everyone that has doubted him wrong this year.  That would be nice.

To be fair, he was goaded into it by a reporter 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

To be fair, he was goaded into it by a reporter 

🤦‍♂️. Philly beat writers at their finest.

Darkhorse WR5.  His ST play should be a huge boost for him compared to the others fighting for the last WR position. 

One player taking advantage of the reps was little-known receiver Michael Walker, a player new Eagles personnel executive Dave Caldwell has a history with from their time in Jacksonville.

Walker has shown very impressive quickness during the first two days of camp.

42 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I like it. Are we ever going to get a LB though?

Warrior his entire career is a bit much. I'd give that title to Celek bu not Ertz. Did you forget he used to fall down so he wouldn't get tackled?

FYI I don't hate him

What’s this linebacker you speak of?

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s this linebacker you speak of?

Davion Taylor pre game speech

YARN | ...when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... | Back to the Future  (1985) | Video gifs by quotes | 1c9bcb9d | 紗

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Davion Taylor pre game speech

YARN | ...when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... | Back to the Future  (1985) | Video gifs by quotes | 1c9bcb9d | 紗

He must have a high motor flux capacitor 

image.gif.ef0b19735336a995e493e69af84307e2.gif

33 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

From McLane's TC day 2 recap.  Oof

Dillard, though, had one of those days when you wonder what the heck Howie Roseman was thinking when he drafted the Washington State product. He had forgettable moments both in team and individuals.

JFC, unpadded 11 on 11 and unpadded single DL v OL.  What coaches are looking at is mirror work, footwork, stance and handwork in the drills and coordination and knowing the plays  in 11 on 11. Is he really reporting on that or the couple of times a DL "beat” him in individual drills.  Day two of unpadded drills, especially for a player that is shaking off a full year of rust means very little. I recognize they have to report on things but the extrapolation gets absurd.  For example, I read several reporters camp notes today plus some Twitter reports and Hurts threw a 40 or sixty or 80 yard bomb to Smith. They were all reporting on the same play.  Smith, BTW, is obviously a flop because he dropped three balls.  And obviously none of the defense can tackle because none of the have so far.  

Don’t get me wrong.  I read the articles and read the tweets. (Only two reasons I have Twitter.  To keep up with my teams and to see what my adult daughter is posting about. I don’t post.). But they have to be read through filters.  

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

JFC, unpadded 11 on 11 and unpadded single DL v OL.  What coaches are looking at is mirror work, footwork, stance and handwork in the drills and coordination and knowing the plays  in 11 on 11. Is he really reporting on that or the couple of times a DL "beat” him in individual drills.  Day two of unpadded drills, especially for a player that is shaking off a full year of rust means very little. I recognize they have to report on things but the extrapolation gets absurd.  For example, I read several reporters camp notes today plus some Twitter reports and Hurts threw a 40 or sixty or 80 yard bomb to Smith. They were all reporting on the same play.  Smith, BTW, is obviously a flop because he dropped three balls.  And obviously none of the defense can tackle because none of the have so far.  

Don’t get me wrong.  I read the articles and read the tweets. (Only two reasons I have Twitter.  To keep up with my teams and to see what my adult daughter is posting about. I don’t post.). But they have to be read through filters.  

On that play from what I read it was an 80 yard play but the ball traveled 40 yards in the air. I get what you mean overall though. 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe convert him to LB.  Gerry, former S, Singleton, former S, Stevens, former S.  Seems to be an Eagles trend. 

Yeah I had that same thought except that Obi has shown to be a pretty poor tackler but so was Gerry so?

45 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

gross.

BTW... greend does kill things.  He's a class A hunter, as I understand it.

So basically we have a SEC West (Southwestern Conference as they will include Texas, A&M and Arkansas, former members) and an SEC East. Love to see the AAC add Oklahoma State, Texas Tech.  We are a pass happy league.  Let the plains state teams join the Missouri Valley Conference although the AAC or Big 10+ might like Kansas for basketball. The Baylor Rapists can join the Mormons conference for all I care about that team.

Just now, BigEFly said:

So basically we have a SEC West (Southwestern Conference as they will include Texas, A&M and Arkansas, former members) and an SEC East. Love to see the AAC add Oklahoma State, Texas Tech.  We are a pass happy league.  Let the plains state teams join the Missouri Valley Conference although the AAC or Big 10+ might like Kansas for basketball. The Baylor Rapists can join the Mormons conference for all I care about that team.

There's going to be a Mormons conference???

Seems like a trap for Andy on draft day😄

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Just not a fan of conferences where teams don't play everyone.   Just hate the mega-conferences.  

2 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

The ertz hate is irrational and represents the worst negadelphia reputation. The guy has been a warrior his entire career, was the one offensive piece that was reliable last year and paid the price by getting killed multiple times over the middle for a hopeless team. Wake up. These men feel pain too. He’s not a robot. Going to the locker room and getting the shot doesn’t take it all away. 

Only reliable target???

Goedert out paced him in every offensive stat so...?

Archived