EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

As a college football fan, I hate this.  With NIL and the potential of super conferences, college football is taking a turn for the worse.  Can't things just stay as they are for once.  I don't want things to stay stagnant but goodness, greed is killing things.

College football is better when Texas plays Texas A&M

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

As a college football fan, I hate this.  With NIL and the potential of super conferences, college football is taking a turn for the worse.  Can't things just stay as they are for once.  I don't want things to stay stagnant but goodness, greed is killing things.

Honestly I dont watch many Oklahoma or Texas games but if they're playing Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc, I'd watch those games.  

Texas and Oklahoma playing SEC schools would be more exciting and entertaining than playing Kansas St, TCU or West Virginia.  

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Talk about one of the silliest things for a player to set as a goal.  

Regarding Reagor...gotta feel for the guy losing a buddy, however, it's totally typical of an Eagles WR draft pick as of late.  

Smith better be a freaking home run.

Just a thought, like me, with both of us in York County, we have a lot of Ravens fans.  Newsome was a great drafter of defensive players and not bad at OL.  But WRs, he sucked at.  Douglas, Weidl, brought up under Newsome. Just saying maybe they brought that to Howie.  

I am not quite ready to call Reagor a flop and injury of tightness at the beginning of camp just could come from muscle soreness preparing in the Texas heat.  Fulgham got it after day 1.  Sorry he lost his buddy. Been there, done that and powered on.  He should be good to go soon.  Apparently, Ward and Watkins got a cold possibly practicing together. 

37 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

JFC, unpadded 11 on 11 and unpadded single DL v OL.  What coaches are looking at is mirror work, footwork, stance and handwork in the drills and coordination and knowing the plays  in 11 on 11. Is he really reporting on that or the couple of times a DL "beat” him in individual drills.  Day two of unpadded drills, especially for a player that is shaking off a full year of rust means very little. I recognize they have to report on things but the extrapolation gets absurd.  For example, I read several reporters camp notes today plus some Twitter reports and Hurts threw a 40 or sixty or 80 yard bomb to Smith. They were all reporting on the same play.  Smith, BTW, is obviously a flop because he dropped three balls.  And obviously none of the defense can tackle because none of the have so far.  

Don’t get me wrong.  I read the articles and read the tweets. (Only two reasons I have Twitter.  To keep up with my teams and to see what my adult daughter is posting about. I don’t post.). But they have to be read through filters.  

Here's the full quote.  I highlighted and put the concerning part in red. I understand your point, yea it's unpadded but this is where as you say you're working on mirror work and such.  If he's getting abused, that means he isn't mirroring very well.

Not a good look for Roseman at all with Reagor out and Dillard not performing well.

• Dillard vs. Mailata. I touched upon arguably the most important position battle in Wednesday’s notes, but the topic leads Thursday after Jordan Mailata had a strong practice, and Andre Dillard didn’t. The former took most of the first team repetitions at left tackle a day after the latter did. I don’t think that was a reflection of how they performed on Day 1, but it might as well have been after Day 2. Mailata didn’t allow much pressure in team drills when facing either Josh Sweat or Derek Barnett, and he had a few "wins” during 1-on-1 drills. Was everything clean? Of course, not. But the early camp woes that Mailata suffered through in his first three seasons of playing football appear to be gone. Well, at least for now. Dillard, though, had one of those days when you wonder what the heck Howie Roseman was thinking when he drafted the Washington State product. He had forgettable moments both in team and individuals. Rookie end Tarron Jackson toasted Dillard during one team drill rush, and it clearly affected the tackle. Dillard’s body language said as much as he walked away from the action. He took a knee and then advice from a nearby assistant as play resumed. In 1-on-1s, Dillard struggled to contain Sweat’s bend on an outside speed rush. He overset vs. Barnett and was undressed with an inside move. It’s just one day, and the players have yet to don pads, but Mailata has the early lead in my estimation.

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Honestly I dont watch many Oklahoma or Texas games but if they're playing Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc, I'd watch those games.  

Texas and Oklahoma playing SEC schools would be more exciting and entertaining than playing Kansas St, TCU or West Virginia.  

So schedule non-conference games.  I hate mega conferences.  Especially when you start going against the natural geography of the conferences.  

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Just a thought, like me, with both of us in York County, we have a lot of Ravens fans.  Newsome was a great drafter of defensive players and not bad at OL.  But WRs, he sucked at.  Douglas, Weidl, brought up under Newsome. Just saying maybe they brought that to Howie.  

I am not quite ready to call Reagor a flop and injury of tightness at the beginning of camp just could come from muscle soreness preparing in the Texas heat.  Fulgham got it after day 1.  Sorry he lost his buddy. Been there, done that and powered on.  He should be good to go soon.  Apparently, Ward and Watkins got a cold possibly practicing together. 

Definitely not calling Reagor a bust yet...I liked him coming out of TCU and had high hopes for him with his quick twitch and explosive traits.  I thought he compared very well to Steve Smith (not NYG and famous Eagle Steve Smith).

31 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Only reliable target???

Goedert out paced him in every offensive stat so...?

Never mind Goedert; Richard Rodgers was twice as productive with fewer targets.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Definitely not calling Reagor a bust yet...I liked him coming out of TCU and had high hopes for him with his quick twitch and explosive traits.  I thought he compared very well to Steve Smith (not NYG and famous Eagle Steve Smith).

Need to manufacture touches for Reagor to keep him involved — jet sweeps, hitch screens, short crossing routes to get him into open space.

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

RIP Ron Popeil.  
No more will I here those magic words, "But wait, there’s more……”

Damn, my fantasy football "set it and forget it" posts will never be the same.

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Which is a sad thing to say for a 1st round pick.  

You have a whole season coming up to moan about him. Pace yourself bro

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

So schedule non-conference games.  I hate mega conferences.  Especially when you start going against the natural geography of the conferences.  

I don't care what they do.  Whether they have mega conferences or non at all.  I just wanna see the good programs play each other no matter what part of the country they are in.  As long as you keep the main rivalry games.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Some of us told you 

I was one of those that said he was just a slot, I was mistaken and I said so at the end of last year.

I'm not going to take much from a 7- on 7 clip but that was a really good route on the outside.

Will be Interesting to see if he can continue to do well on the inside and the outside and establish himself as a top notch WR, if he runs routes like that in games and produces like he did last year reagor and Howie are gonna get a lot more heat 

Howie should get the brunt of it, reagor has zero control over where he was drafted all he can do is go out on the field and try to prove his doubters wrong, to date he's off to a Shakey start.

I hope he can turn it around, I think there are still a group of fans that want to see reagor utterly fail so they can say I told you so.👎

Even if Jefferson continues his torrid pace it would be nice if reagor could show something.

Coincidentally reagor is looking more like just a slot receiver ☹️

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Good god, now he’s Tim Tebow

And that was the highlight of his day today according to PE.Com. 

Good thing it was posted. Very informational. 

6 hours ago, Utebird said:

I was one of those that said he was just a slot, I was mistaken and I said so at the end of last year.

Same. And many people said so, there was reason for it given his play in college.

I'm not going to take much from a 7- on 7 clip but that was a really good route on the outside.

Will be Interesting to see if he can continue to do well on the inside and the outside and establish himself as a top notch WR, if he runs routes like that in games and produces like he did last year reagor and Howie are gonna get a lot more heat 

Howie should get the brunt of it, reagor has zero control over where he was drafted all he can do is go out on the field and try to prove his doubters wrong, to date he's off to a Shakey start.

Sigh, whatever.

I hope he can turn it around, I think there are still a group of fans that want to see reagor utterly fail so they can say I told you so.👎

Even if Jefferson continues his torrid pace it would be nice if reagor could show something.

Coincidentally reagor is looking more like just a slot receiver ☹️

I think he is a good player. Even if he turns out to be "just" a slot when we wanted an outside receiver - if he plays to his potential he'll be worth it eventually imo.

13 hours ago, RLC said:

Feel bad for Reagor. Mental Health is real and you can see it affecting him. Hopefully with Smith playing well, it can give him room to grow into the offense.

13 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Do the Eagles employee team psychologists?  Seems every year we have a player dealing with some sort of mental issue.  Would be great if these guys had someone to talk to on the daily if needed.

This may sound callous but in the real world people die, you get 3 days off from work and then you go back to work. 

14 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

So he is back to work I retract my statement

14 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

My biggest concern on this team are WRs. I'm more comfortable with Hurts as our QB than anyone behind Smith as being a competent WR.

Yeah, I'm not

14 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I dont disagree, but isnt McDonalds the owner of Chipotle?

Honestly I don't know. I could look but meh

14 hours ago, Utebird said:

Could just be a camp body the dude has been pretty bad since being drafted.

If I remember there was talk of the eagles trying him out at CB Instead if safety.

At 6'4" 224 he'd be a huge corner. 

Not sure he has the hips to play corner but we know he can't tackle at safety so maybe a try at corner is the next step before he's selling insurance.

12 hours ago, What The F said:

Has Reagor been spotting eating lunch in his car yet? 

I like food a lot but I can usually eat lunch w/o "spotting" can't speak for Reagor though

Archived