EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sneaky good for them would be middle of the pack.   You’re delusional.  

When this guy is calling you delusional it’s a good sign for your opinion @HazletonEagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sneaky good for them would be middle of the pack.   You’re delusional.  

I did say a potential wild card team. Thats pretty middle of the pack. Can do that with 9 or 10 wins.

Cox will start a decline.  Barnett is just a guy.  Sweat is ok.  BG is old.  Like really old.  As is Kerrigan.   McCleod is recovering from another injury.  Defense has a ton of question marks.  More than the offense.  

it does have question marks. But theres been some solid, understated signings. Which makes it potentially sneaky. And you keep proving its sneakiness. 

PFF.  Yeah. Great source there.  McLeod will be recovering and might not even be ready to start the season.  13th ranked corner ?  LOL. Come on dude.  You seriously don’t believe that.  JFC.  You fluffers are something.  You’re one of the biggest ones in here.  

Player rankings in July.     PFF.  :wacko:

You negative posters are something. You’re one of the biggest ones in here.

This is a sneaky decent post.  That’s for agreeing with me.  I take back delusional.  That was a sneaky overrated word to call you.  Especially it is meant for that other moron.  I’ll call you Sneaky HE.   

Thanks for not citing PFF.  JFC.  Talk about dumb.  Wow.  

ODDSbible on Twitter: "Unai Emery has had quite a journey from Mr Deeds'  butler to the Emirates… "

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Secondary has been atrocious for years.  We add two 1 year deals of guys who are average at best.  And our secondary is now "solid”?  Wow.  

Harris and Nelson didnt have their best season last year. But they werent bad either. And they have been capable of playing at a much higher level, as recently as just 1 year prior. A ton of people are hyped about Gannon, and wanted him even prior to this year. If all of those people are right about his coaching, Im confident he will get more out of them than they showed last year. Neither are too old to have another good season.

Slay and Nelson have a chance to be our best CB pair since.... I dont even know the last time we had a good combo. It wont be like Sheldon Brown and Samuel, but thats probably the last time we had 2 good CBs. This will be the best we have seen since then.

I’d rather be negative than an unoriginal tool bag.  

And I’d rather be positive then hate and get upset over every little positive comment about the team.

Nelson ranks among the top 10 cornerbacks in the league in both completion rate allowed (53.9%) and passer rating allowed (75.1) among 68 players at the position to see at least 100 targets since 2019.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  :wacko: 

Calling moronic posts out, isn’t being upset.  JFC.  Grow up.  

Yeah and calling negative posts out isn’t being a fluffer. I’m not calling for a Super Bowl. I think we are a 7-10 win team and we are making the right moves NOW. Maybe you should take your own advice.

54 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

From a cap stand point I THINK we are fine.   There are a few players who are gonna make the team that have a less impact on the cap than 850,000. I think Maddox gets cut now and brought back after week 1 which will be the same amount Dickerson will make. Ertz probably will stay on the team.

You are not understanding we are over the cap, Dickerson will have a 1.8 million cap hit when signed, putting us an additional one million over the cap when he replaces a 850k cap hit player, and then player 52 and 53 add 1.7 million to the cap.

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I did say a potential wild card team. Thats pretty middle of the pack. Can do that with 9 or 10 wins.

First 8 games it would be a stretch to win 3.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are not understanding we are over the cap, Dickerson will have a 1.8 million cap hit when signed, putting us an additional one million over the cap when he replaces a 850k cap hit player, and then player 52 and 53 add 1.7 million to the cap.

Did you even read the post?

9 hours ago, Utebird said:

What did the note say???

Sorry, it was the fact that he only played one college season when he was 19 and that was 2 years ago.  

I had/have high expectations for him, especially in the passing game, when when you think about his experience it just makes you want to pump the brakes a bit for what to expect his rookie year.

20 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

And I’d rather be positive then hate and get upset over every little positive comment about the team.

Majority of blog is a contest of which old white guy can yell at the most clouds.

Getting tiresome.🥱

Having said that I think the secondary should be better this year than last.

Which might not be saying much still it's something.

Harris is an upgrade over the ten guys they had last year trying to replace Malcolm and even though McLeod is coming off Injury and he wasn't much more than JAG before the injury he's still an upgrade from whatever they had back there last year.

Nelson is a huge upgrade over Maddox and all the other slop they had at CB2 and while he's no all pro he's a solid CB2 so upgrade there.

The LB they signed whose name has slipped my mind is an obvious upgrade over Gerry duke Riley and who ever else they trotted out last year.

The DL even with Cox and Graham being another year older should have more depth than last year with the addition of the two rookie DTs and kerrigan.

All those guys should be better than  mess there last year.

Question is will that be enough for the eagles D to be competitive or will the D still suck?

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

5hm09j.jpg

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Sorry, it was the fact that he only played one college season when he was 19 and that was 2 years ago.  

I had/have high expectations for him, especially in the passing game, when when you think about his experience it just makes you want to pump the brakes a bit for what to expect his rookie year.

Gotcha, definitely cause for concern and could explain a slow start for him.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

First 8 games it would be a stretch to win 3.

Are we talking hurts or watson at QB? Hurts is an unknown so i think more skepticism of whom they beat those first 8 games. So I’d likely agree with you. i know HE mentioned watson. i think they have a much better chance at beating atlanta, dallas, Carolina, Vegas and the lions if watson were here and not suspended. 

as currently constructed still see this as a 7-8 win team of injuries aren’t what they have been the last two years and just moderate. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well.  Technically the cap isn’t a problem for any team.  I don’t ever remember a team not being able to play a game because they were over the cap.  Cool.  We’re under the cap.  Great job.  We have one of the worst rosters in the league.  And not a lot of quality young players to point to for the future.  But we’re under the cap.  

Negative Nancy. How can you say that with the guy we have under center. He's good for one, two fumbles a week.

....oh

Steve Nelson should take a lot of pressure off of Slay and hopefully we see a better year out of him.  I'm not SUPER excited about him only because the fact is he's 28 and I don't think he's going to be a building block.  As a matter of fact, none of the starting defensive backs should be counted on as being part of the next core of this team.  They still need to completely rebuild the secondary over the next few off-seasons. 

Even though he's a stopgap, he 100% makes the defense better.

The weak link is suddenly Rodney McLeod who I hope is more of S3 now.  I'd much rather see what Wallace can do or see if Epps can take another step.  He graded out higher than expected last year.  I also hope there is a legit competition for the nickel CB instead of just handing it to Maddox.

It's a nice 1-year deal but nothing to get excited about for the future of the team.

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Negative Nancy. How can you say that with the guy we have under center. He's good for one, two fumbles a week.

....oh

58 fumbles in 68 games is what he is going up against. 

The Eagles could be a sneaky good team or defense if literally every question mark breaks in their favor. And therein lies the problem 

I like the Nelson signing in that it gives us what should be a baseline CB2. I'll remain irrationally bullish on Zech until I see him stink up the joint.

1 minute ago, DuckWalk said:

Nelson's a huge upgrade. 

Ok we got a SS LB out there who can cover a NFL TE? Might have something here. 

If 1 simply shows up and reads the playbook he'll be better than 11 last year. Wish him all the luck in the world but should've went with Nick the Slick. 

Know I'm preaching to a bunch of people upset their Ebay Jersey listing's not getting any takers. 

Oh and by the way... that whole contingent who said "Trade Fletch" ? 

Fletch is going to remind you of this sentiment sometime say round Week 14 this year.  Trade Fletch ? Blasphemy. 

Howie has kind of failed at giving him healthy help over his career IMO

Archived