EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

That’s one game I feel confident in Eagles win. After that, not so much 

I’m not confident in Week 1. The Falcons D doesn’t have a ton of skill players but Dean Pees is great at disguising coverages and confusing QB’s. It’s going to test Hurts mental game right out the gate. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not confident in Week 1. The Falcons D doesn’t have a ton of skill players but Dean Pees is great at disguising coverages and confusing QB’s. It’s going to test Hurts mental game right out the gate. 

No team upgraded more at coaching this season than Atlanta. 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

No team upgraded more at coaching this season than Atlanta. 

Hopefully in the end it turns out we upgraded the most. 

Ok..so we addressed the CB2 spot.....how are those pesky LB positions coming along?  LMAO

3 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Lets Go!!!!

Defense can be sneaky good.  We actually should have a solid secondary for the first time in forever. 

Howie!!!

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

Ok..so we addressed the CB2 spot.....how are those pesky LB positions coming along?  LMAO

Was Hicks the last decent LB we had even though he couldn't stay healthy?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Was Hicks the last decent LB we had even though he couldn't stay healthy?

Bradham. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Defense can be sneaky good.  We actually should have a solid secondary for the first time in forever. 

Howie!!!

Solid secondary. More than solid at Dline. Wilson is a good addition to the linebacker group. Not to mention the offense should be better this year which will help the defense too.

9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Solid secondary. More than solid at Dline. Wilson is a good addition to the linebacker group. Not to mention the offense should be better this year which will help the defense too.

yep. Ive been thinking a surprise wild card team. Actually being able to field a whole starting secondary now solidifies that possibility.

Its all going to hinge on the play of Hurts. If he is half decent, they might do it.

If we trade for Watson, we should be in contention for a deeper run actually. 

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Bradham. 

I forgot about him. Was he the idiot that brought a gun to the airport?

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I’m sure they will sell if they start off poorly, which they very well could. Not a lot of teams they’re better than to start the season. Could get more ammo to trade for Watson and clear some cap room to add players around him if they get him.

If they start out poorly, and it’s due to Hurts, given that the upcoming QB class leaves a lot to be desired I could see them trading for someone

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Yep. He also got into a scrap on a Florida beach over an umbrella. I think that is part of the reason why the Eagles let him go when they drafted JJAW because they didn't want him and JJAW's mother to get into a scrap.  

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Howie!!!

41 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's funny how often people forget about bradham.

The dude was an integral part of the 2017 super bowl team 

As he was the green dot guy after Jordan Hicks went down 

Both he and Kendricks like a bunch of eagles that year had career years.

Yet he's like the last guy on that team that people remember 🤷‍♂️

From a cap stand point I THINK we are fine.   There are a few players who are gonna make the team that have a less impact on the cap than 850,000. I think Maddox gets cut now and brought back after week 1 which will be the same amount Dickerson will make. Ertz probably will stay on the team.

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So we’ve added a marginal corner.  Still have depth questions at corner.  No clue who our safeties will be.  Old and underwhelming at DE.  Lots of pieces at LB.  And the defense can be "sneaky good”?   Uhh. Ok

yes. It can be. You dont see it coming. Which is kinda what the word sneaky means. Watch out!

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So we’ve added a marginal corner.  Still have depth questions at corner.  No clue who our safeties will be.  Old and underwhelming at DE.  Lots of pieces at LB.  And the defense can be "sneaky good”?   Uhh. Ok

Don’t forget we manage to always get hurt every year. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t forget we manage to always get hurt every year. 

Yup. Slay was banged up all year. He or Nelson goes down and it’s back to square one at CB. I also think the team has been somewhat lucky with injuries specifically on Defense. They have lost some guys here and there but never a true cornerstone guy like Cox, Graham, Slay etc. Biggest loses have been Barnett where they were deep and DT #2

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes. Defensive line is PFF ranked 5 going into the season. McLeod and Harris are our safeties. And Nelson is ranked 13th for corners going into 2021. Sneaky good is the right comment. 

Archived