EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Can't be any teams with 3 first rounders going spare.....

oh wait

If he has to go to trial next year, I can’t imagine a team trading for him until 2022. 

I would rather keep the picks , the eagles will be picking fairly early next year , in a draft that IMO should have some QB talent in it .

I personally think Watson is overrated , he never elevated the Texans play ,  he is a good qb , but not 3 first rd picks good .

Trading 3 first round picks for any player who has pending legal issues is a tricky one.  Someone will do it (or offer similar overall value), but no way would I personally do it without knowing his legal issues are finished and all punishments are served. 

If he gets, for example, an 8 game suspension for his conduct, where does that leave the team that traded for him?  In need of a QB.

What happens if he has a custodial sentence to serve over the suspension?  You are back needing a QB. 

Let the Texans take the punishment, or offer a lot less for the player if you will be on the hook for it.

10 hours ago, MillerTime said:

58 fumbles in 68 games is what he is going up against. 

6 in 4 games as a starter, not off to a good start.

I'm hoping he improves in this area.

7 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Two 1s, a 4, Cox and Ertz.

They wouldn't take it, but it's fair. Legal issues have to be taken into account.

5 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Really bad timing for the Eagles.  Just last season they thought Gerry, Mills, Peters, and Alshon were starting caliber players.  Them along with a 2nd round pick would have been an acceptable offer?

25 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Get rid of Ertz for a 6th. Get rid of Cox for a 3rd. Roll into 2022 and 2023 with an F load full of picks. Thats how you build a dynasty.

If the Eagles could trade Ertz for a 6th at this point I'm pretty sure they would. 

Signing Nelson exhausts the available cap room of the team.  Dickerson is still unsigned and the TC starts tomorrow.  He is not under contract and can't go on PUP (I think).  Howie needs to free up some money really soon.  

Don't see the needs to have Watson on the roster.  His legal issues are one thing.  Costs are the other.  QB controversial can cause the team into turmoil, last season lesson is still vivid.

24 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I can do ertz, Cox, 2 1sts, and a 3rd next year. 

But not Maxey.

On Ertz, it seems like the Eagles are comfortable with the salary, and the personality, so unless someone trades for him, he ain't going nowhere.  No of course, that is the talk, but if they kept him this long, it stands to reason that they will keep for the season.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I think it's a poker face.
I think the Eagles are pretending to be happy with the situation to show other teams we're not going to cut him, we like him. we can handle the salary. But realistically we're gonna cut him but pray someone calls before that happens

To an extent, but Ertz is a reportedly a locker room leader, so I just can't see them cutting him for the convenience of the player who will be earning $12.25 next season.  He would have gone earlier if it was a purely cap move.

11 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And years of bad drafting.   Talent, coaching and injuries are all 3 different things.  Name the last pro bowl player this team drafted and is currently on the squad.  I know the answer.  Do you?  

Pro bowl?  That’s a joke, right?  All pro maybe, but pro bowl?

3 hours ago, greend said:

And? Last I checked a guy is innocent until proven otherwise. 

Yes I agree, that doesn't mean the victims shouldn't be listened to taken seriously or believed.

Sexual assault cases are difficult to prove in a court of law and convictions without physical evidence are even more rarely accomplished which is why so many times victims don't bring charges.

In this case 22 separate women have brought charges some of them more serious than others and while they haven't been proven in a court of law yet the victims still have the right to be heard and Watson has the right to face his accusers 

I imagine like most cases like this they will be settled in a civil court where the proof of burden isn't as strong as in a federal court.

In which case most will forget /minimize what did happen much like with rothlisberger  and the victims will be labeled as gold diggers and be forgotten.

Doesn't mean he was innocent just means he had enough money to make it go away 

In the court of public opinion innocent til proven guilty doesn't exist, I'm not a court of law I'm a casual observer who tends to believe victims of sexual assault until given a reason not to 

I haven't been presented with any Information that would lead me to believe Watson is innocent 

58 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I would rather keep the picks , the eagles will be picking fairly early next year , in a draft that IMO should have some QB talent in it .

I personally think Watson is overrated , he never elevated the Texans play ,  he is a good qb , but not 3 first rd picks good .

He has won the same amount of super bowls as Hurts.

3 hours ago, greend said:

And? Last I checked a guy is innocent until proven otherwise. 

A rich, young man with a penchant for lower-tier hookers is high on the creep scale. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Deshaun Watson was on a terrible team, who drafted terrible in a weak division and he had 4 wins. To think he could come to a different but almost as poopy team, with probably a worse defense and arguable a worse draft history and turn it around is fairly unrealistic. 

I don't take wins and losses that seriously for QBs, but they're job is to score points, not put up nice counting statistics, Watson never made the Texas offense a top ten unit in points or yards, and he had decent if not great talent, Hopkins, Tunsil, and a 1st and 2nd rd picks on the OL. At some point you have to ask whether he was stat padding by holding the ball too long.

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

I laugh cause the Texans asking for that and actually getting it are two different things. They aren’t remotely getting close to that

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Ertz, Hurts, and 2 first round picks.  Two current All Pros (according to TATE) and picks should be plenty.

44 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I can do ertz, Cox, 2 1sts, and a 3rd next year. 

But not Maxey.

That would be a slap in the D to do Ertz and Cox dirty like that. 

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that "while initial reports indicated the argument that led to the shooting was over football and an Eagles-Giants rivalry, a spokesperson for the District Attorney’s Office said witnesses told investigators the fight was over a parking space.”

WTF is going on?

Archived