EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think the division could possibly be as bad as it was last year. That took Barkley and Dak getting hurt and the Eagles absolutely imploding. I don’t think it’s some powerhouse by any means but it should be better all around. 

And I agree coaching more than likely had a role in player development since no one seemed to really improve barely at all outside of offensive line. But being realistic about it, I think a good majority just can’t play at this level. I don’t think you can expect everyone to improve. 

WAS 10-7, DAL 9-8, PHI 7-10, NYG 5-12 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Watson has a no-trade clause and last I heard MIA was the only team he would waive it for.  I read the Dolphins, Broncos and Eagles were the three teams still pursuing him.  

He can’t afford to get picky with everything going on and Dolphins only have San Frans first next year, so tough ish. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

WAS 10-7, DAL 9-8, PHI 7-10, NYG 5-12 

Sounds about right. I think NYG are the hardest of the bunch to predict. I could see 5-12 and I could also see them surprising and hovering around 9 wins. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think the division could possibly be as bad as it was last year. That took Barkley and Dak getting hurt and the Eagles absolutely imploding. I don’t think it’s some powerhouse by any means but it should be better all around. 

And I agree coaching more than likely had a role in player development since no one seemed to really improve barely at all outside of offensive line. But being realistic about it, I think a good majority just can’t play at this level. I don’t think you can expect everyone to improve. 

You can expect someone to improve though. I can’t think of a player who wasn’t already established that improved outside of the offensive line under Pederson.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He can’t afford to get picky with everything going on and Dolphins only have San Frans first next year, so tough ish. 

Technically fins have 2022 SF and 2023 SF. That said i think Miami’s own pick is likely better than SFs so that works in our favor. So really the dolphins have 3 firsts the next two years. So eagles still in better position if wentz’s becomes a first 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Watson without legal issues is worth a lot more than two 1s, so we’d be getting him at a heavy, heavy discount. 

I completely understand if someone doesn’t want him due to character, but if you’re OK with having him on the team, those two 1s are nothing for a player his caliber. 

You could trade for him and not be able to play him until after he's 27

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

You can expect someone to improve though. I can’t think of a player who wasn’t already established that improved outside of the offensive line under Pederson.

Only guy I think an argument could even be made is Sweat. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ed Werder says no NFL team has asked Watson or his people to waive his no-trade clause yet.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Technically fins have 2022 SF and 2023 SF. That said i think Miami’s own pick is likely better than SFs so that works in our favor. So really the dolphins have 3 firsts the next two years. So eagles still in better position if wentz’s becomes a first 

Eagles are still better even if Wentz doesn’t become a 1st. Two 1sts in 2022 trump two 1sts in 2023. The Wentz pick is just icing on the top.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Only guy I think an argument could even be made is Sweat. 

And they limited him a lot. There was zero development made by Pederson. And that reflects on the roster. He heavily favored veterans.  

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles are still better even if Wentz doesn’t become a 1st. Two 1sts in 2022 trump two 1sts in 2023. The Wentz pick is just icing on the top.

What will help the eagles out even more is if the Broncos acquire rodgers. It’ll be one less team involved. Based off some of the National podcasts, the Broncos would go after rodgers aggressively if made available. 

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

You could trade for him and not be able to play him until after he's 27

That’s much different than the scenario I’m talking about. If he’s suspended for a full season then that changes the equation dramatically. 

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Ed Werder says no NFL team has asked Watson or his people to waive his no-trade clause yet.

Yeah, it makes no sense for a team to make real offers until his legal issues are sorted. I can’t see a team taking the hit until it’s resolved, and for the Texans, they aren’t getting a team’s best offer until that happens. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s much different than the scenario I’m talking about. If he’s suspended for a full season then that changes the equation dramatically. 

So right now two 1s with no legal trouble ever from this scandal and the league not punishing him ever?

Yea I'd do it. I just don't think that hypothetical would happen

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

So right now two 1s with no legal trouble ever from this scandal and the league not punishing him ever?

Yea I'd do it. I just don't think that hypothetical would happen

Let’s say it’s 8 games. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, dawkdaballhawk said:

I want to know when the Chiefs get hit with a name change.

I doubt it happens.  A lot of Chiefs fans in the plains including on the reservations  

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I doubt it happens.  A lot of Chiefs fans in the plains including on the reservations  

I don’t really see how "Chiefs” is problematic either. 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:49 PM, Utebird said:

And nothing you've said makes him not guilty but you sure seem to have made up your mind about it 

And? Last I checked a guy is innocent until proven otherwise. 

Nice to have added Nelson while I wasn't paying one bit of attention. Maybe we won't get burned quite as often this year

11 minutes ago, greend said:

Nice to have added Nelson while I wasn't paying one bit of attention. Maybe we won't get burned quite as often this year

I'll miss Eagles' corners giving up chunk plays on even the most laboured stutter step for sure, has Gannon said whether he'll keep Jim Schwartz' patented 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 8 yet?

28 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'll miss Eagles' corners giving up chunk plays on even the most laboured stutter step for sure, has Gannon said whether he'll keep Jim Schwartz' patented 10 yard cushion on 3rd and 8 yet?

On the flip side of the ball, I’ll miss the 2 yard hitches on 3rd and 9. 

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

On the flip side of the ball, I’ll miss the 2 yard hitches on 3rd and 9. 

Doug going 'they'll never be expecting this' as every Eagles fan watching turns to his friend and predicts the exact play Doug is about to curl out on the field.

9 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

WAS 10-7, DAL 9-8, PHI 17-0, NYG 5-12 

FYP

8 hours ago, MillerTime said:

And they limited him a lot. There was zero development made by Pederson. And that reflects on the roster. He heavily favored veterans.  

Truly, guys got worse under them.  It was brutal to watch guys with talent look worse week to week, one season after the next.

Archived