EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I don't take wins and losses that seriously for QBs, but they're job is to score points, not put up nice counting statistics, Watson never made the Texas offense a top ten unit in points or yards, and he had decent if not great talent, Hopkins, Tunsil, and a 1st and 2nd rd picks on the OL. At some point you have to ask whether he was stat padding by holding the ball too long.

Yeah - I agree, puts up great numbers, but he loses too many games.

Besides that - there's no way we can afford him, even with a restructure. Add in the draft cost and the current allegations (With Lurie's media interests, does he really make Watson the face of the franchise).

We are going to see what we have with Hurts and then make a move next year if necessary. Watson will not happen.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

A rich, young man with a penchant for lower-tier hookers is high on the creep scale. No thanks.

Hookers?

17 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I don't take wins and losses that seriously for QBs, but they're job is to score points, not put up nice counting statistics, Watson never made the Texas offense a top ten unit in points or yards, and he had decent if not great talent, Hopkins, Tunsil, and a 1st and 2nd rd picks on the OL. At some point you have to ask whether he was stat padding by holding the ball too long.

Because you keep ignoring this I keep bringing this up, the eagles selected Sidney Jones in the second round does that mean Sidney Jones was good here? No. Just because you invest in a high round picks does not mean they are good players. Again in the last four years the Texans offensive line has ranked 32nd, 23rd, 20th and 23rd in the league according to PFF. The only player in the last 3 years to play on their offensive line that finished with a grade above 75 in that time was tunsil everyone else has been below that and a lot of them in the low 60s. Just cause you invest in the first and second round doesn’t mean they are automatically going to be good or become good. If they are consistently bad for four years, it might just be that they are bad. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have we seen what some of these lasses look like?  Just curious.  

Remember the ones Tiger had on the side?  When Gillette dropped their sponsorship deal with him Colbert came out with a superb one-liner after showing their faces in a group shot:

"Is this really the best a man can get?"

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Great deal. 

And also remember you deduct the lowest paid of the 51 who was on 850,000, so he is only actually counting an additional 165,000 against the cap. Eagles still have room to sign Dickerson and don't need to panic restructure or trade anyone. 

Any deal to get Watson will involve trading Cox & Ertz (whether that be to Texans or elsewhere), restructuring Lane, and what else?

All this talk about trading for Watson....I thought he can reject a trade if he doesnt want to go to a certain team?

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Yes I agree, that doesn't mean the victims shouldn't be listened to taken seriously or believed.

Sexual assault cases are difficult to prove in a court of law and convictions without physical evidence are even more rarely accomplished which is why so many times victims don't bring charges.

In this case 22 separate women have brought charges some of them more serious than others and while they haven't been proven in a court of law yet the victims still have the right to be heard and Watson has the right to face his accusers 

I imagine like most cases like this they will be settled in a civil court where the proof of burden isn't as strong as in a federal court.

In which case most will forget /minimize what did happen much like with rothlisberger  and the victims will be labeled as gold diggers and be forgotten.

Doesn't mean he was innocent just means he had enough money to make it go away 

In the court of public opinion innocent til proven guilty doesn't exist, I'm not a court of law I'm a casual observer who tends to believe victims of sexual assault until given a reason not to 

I haven't been presented with any Information that would lead me to believe Watson is innocent 

In my football world unless a judge says otherwise, dude is innocent. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I believe he waved the NMC to 5 or 6 teams back in Feb. With the teams drafting QB's it basically leaves us, Giants, Dolphins and the Broncos

And if one of those teams somehow acquired Aaron Rodgers then Watsons choices would be down to 2

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have we seen what some of these lasses look like?  Just curious.  

They look like women, I presume.  Does their look indicate hooker vs.  massage therapist?

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I believe he waved the NMC to 5 or 6 teams back in Feb. With the teams drafting QB's it basically leaves us, Giants, Dolphins and the Broncos

I don’t know what is going to happen but i firmly believe the eagles have genuine interest in acquiring Watson. I look at it through multiple views. First you have mosher and caplan reporting before the watson wanted to be traded came up that the eagles never expected to be in the position they are. Then after his trade demands re-iterating that the eagles never thought they’d be where they are at QB and they drafted hurts to be the backup. Whether you believe that to be true or not is a different story. I tend to believe hurts was always the insurance plan for down the road if things failed with wentz (i do believe they didn’t expect to be in this position so soon as in one year removed from drafting hurts).

If we hold what caplan and mosher are saying to be true at face value then incorporate BGN linking one source back to ownership/lurie wanting watson back in March and then mclane saying howie would give up everything. Then the rest of the reports following afterward then I don’t think it should surprise anyone that the eagles would have interest especially cause caplan discussed how teams/eagles were monitoring and doing their own type of investigation work into the legal issues. 

im not saying they are going to deal for watson, I’m saying is it makes sense that the eagles would interested and if the price was right consider doing it. 

12 minutes ago, greend said:

I get that.

That's not how I think or look at the situation but to each their own, and ultimately you are correct it comes down to what the judge says.

Though I doubt any of the cases reach a federal court where a judge pronounces guilt or innocence and are most likely settled in a civil court.

In which case the terms of the settlement will be worked out between the two parties.

Usually the victims get money and agree to not press further charges nor talk about charges to media or public sign NDA which entail Watson admitting to some kind of fault. innocent people don't pay people off.

What will be interesting is how the league Treats it disciplinary wise.

If he's innocent if all charges why would the league suspend him?

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

And if one of those teams somehow acquired Aaron Rodgers then Watsons choices would be down to 2

I still think Rodgers ultimately at some point winds up on Denver. Based off florio and a couple other National guys that seems like it’s where he wants to be and Denver willing to pay to make it happen if GB trades him. Problem is GB doesn’t want to trade him at the moment 

12 minutes ago, greend said:

That's how it should work, but Trial by Twitter often results in quick, yet inaccuate, convictions.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I still think Rodgers ultimately at some point winds up on Denver. Based off florio and a couple other National guys that seems like it’s where he wants to be and Denver willing to pay to make it happen if GB trades him. Problem is GB doesn’t want to trade him at the moment 

Do you think Rodgers is the kind of player that just half-asses it through a season just to be done with his obligation or force a trade?   He could pull up lame on the first day with shoulder tightness and miss a bunch of time.   I don't get that vibe from him though.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah I can't imagine GB is just going to give away their franchise QB 

Though the threat of retirement whether fabricated or not by the media could force GB to think about getting something for him instead of nothing 

I mean if GB really believes in Jordan Love then trade a disgruntled Rodgers while one can and move on.

Similar to the Wentz situation.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

In the court of public opinion innocent til proven guilty doesn't exist, I'm not a court of law I'm a casual observer who tends to believe victims of sexual assault until given a reason not to 

It does not give you pause that multiple accusers booked multiple appointments with him, after the first one supposedly went bad, and even invited him into their own home ??

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Do you think Rodgers is the kind of player that just half-asses it through a season just to be done with his obligation or force a trade?   He could pull up lame on the first day with shoulder tightness and miss a bunch of time.   I don't get that vibe from him though.

I don’t but then again there has been Vegas taking the rodgers will retire before camp off the board. 

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah I can't imagine GB is just going to give away their franchise QB 

Though the threat of retirement whether fabricated or not by the media could force GB to think about getting something for him instead of nothing 

I mean if GB really believes in Jordan Love then trade a disgruntled Rodgers while one can and move on.

Similar to the Wentz situation.

I feel like if Denver was offering what Peter king put in his weekly article of 2022 1st, 2023 1st, jeudy and drew lock then I’d pull the trigger at that. It really sucks to lose rodgers but that’s a pretty good haul for a 38 year old rodgers. Maybe he plays into his mid 40s like brady but you drafted a kid you believed could be his heir apparent. At some point you are gonna have to see it. I think there plan was always year 3 for love. Unfortunate to start year 2 but still that package is pretty nice if offered 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It does not give you pause that multiple accusers booked multiple appointments with him, after the first one supposedly went bad, and even invited him into their own home ??

Yes that does give me pause yet that's not all 22.

Even if 21 are less than truthful that doesn't mean Watson is innocent of the other 1.

Unfortunately if that were the case the 21 would kill the case of the 1 just by association 

Sexual assault cases are extremely difficult to prove in a court of law, which is why so many victims states or agencies never bring charges.

Lying about being sexually assaulted should be held to even more stringent consequences, and again those are extremely difficult to prove in a court of law as well.

Like I said at first glance I tend to believe the victims until given reason not to.

Some of the stuff coming out about more than one accuser setting following appointments would be information that would give me reason to not believe those accusers yet that's not all 22 so just because a number of them look questionable shouldn't have any effect on the other victims yet sadly it will and does 

Either way I think Watson at some point is suspended by the league which would entail guilt of something in the  leagues eyes.

13 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's how it should work, but Trial by Twitter often results in quick, yet inaccuate, convictions.

I feel Like trial by Twitter is a reality show that could eventually happen. 

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Comes off as victim blaming.  Also since multiple accusers allegedly did this that means that all of the accusers have made this up. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t but then again there has been Vegas taking off the rodgers will retire before camp off the board. 

I feel like if Denver was offering what Peter king put in his weekly article of 2022 1st, 2023 1st, jeudy and drew lock then I’d pull the trigger at that. It really sucks to lose rodgers but that’s a pretty good haul for a 38 year old rodgers. Maybe he plays into his mid 40s like brady but you drafted a kid you believed could be his heir apparent. At some point you are gonna have to see it. I think there plan was always year 3 for love. Unfortunate to start year 2 but still that package is pretty nice if offered 

If I'm Rodgers I'd be against any trade package that took away weapons from my new team, though I'm sure Rodgers has zero say.

I'm sure he'd like to have jeudy rather than not.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Either way I think Watson at some point is suspended by the league which would entail guilt if something in the  leagues eyes.

There's no sign yet that he's willing to settle the lawsuits, and until he does it will be difficult for the NFL to let him play games.  His deposition in the civil lawsuits isn't until February 2022 so it will be hanging over him through this season unless he settles.

The NFL will place him on the Exempt List prior to the pre-season -- that's a virtual certainty.

Just now, Utebird said:

If I'm Rodgers I'd be against any trade package that took away weapons from my new team, though I'm sure Rodgers has zero say.

I'm sure he'd like to have jeudy rather than not.

I’m guessing the packers would likely ask for jeudy considering their current negotiations with Devante Adams have gone south as well. However Adams is likely in GB at least the next two years after this year due to the franchise tag unless they deal him for a nice haul 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

There's no sign yet that he's willing to settle the lawsuits, and until he does it will be difficult for the NFL to let him play games.  His deposition in the civil lawsuits isn't until February 2022 so it will be hanging over him through this season unless he settles.

The NFL will place him on the Exempt List prior to the pre-season -- that's a virtual certainty.

So they can keep him on exempt list until his case is settled or would they let him play until it's settled and then make a decision???

Archived